1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Air Rifle Broken Read All Description

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Help me please 1234556, May 3, 2020.

1. Help me please 1234556

Help me please 1234556 Member

AACEC6F8-CF6B-4EB6-92E2-1DDCAF072128.png EEA1B90B-3022-46B7-8524-4E52BA0DF92D.jpeg Hello, I need help so I have a relum 877 lp22 and it’s my grandfathers and I want to get it working for him before he passes on this issue I have diagnosed is that considering it’s an old air rifle the notch that goes behind the trigger which arms it for some reason won’t lock into place behind the trigger nothing seems to be broken it locks behind the trigger when there’s not spring but as soon as I put the spring in it’s acting like I’m permanently holding the trigger and it won’t stay behind the trigger I’ve tried adjusting it opening all the trigger parts and nothing has fixed it my cocking arm is great everything is good and when I break the barrel then pull it down to arm it the notch doesn’t want to stay behind the trigger btw it one of those ones where the piston has a little triangle that goes behind the trigger when armed and I check it and it’s not worn down in any way

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  2. Airwolf1

Airwolf1 Posting Addict

So have you tried adjusting the trigger to increase pull weight?

This usually increases sear engagement, for some reason your sear is obviously not engaging.

3. Help me please 1234556

Yes u have made the pull weight super low super High and even in the middle and still doesn’t want to arm it’s self

4. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 BRIT SEALS - M & M Products - TbT

Wasn’t this posted before?...

It’s either

Coil bound - too much spring
    If guides have been replaced - they’re too long
    Trigger set up - needs adjusting
    Worn piston latch rod
    Worn trigger sear

James97lp, Blackmax and foxtrott like this.
  5. mikeyhall1

6. Help me please 1234556

7. mikeyhall1

Ok now that first thread is deleted... and I can’t see any photos :shrug:

8. Help me please 1234556

Ok check now they are there

9. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

People have asked where your loacated, if you tell us some kind person might sort it for you.

10. Help me please 1234556

I am located in Warrington near Liverpool UK

11. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

Hope someone nearby can help you with it.
    Can you see how far back the cocking lever goes and mark the cylinder with tape and pen mark without spring and guides, to the point the dear engagement happens. Then try with just the guides and no spring. If it engages with just the guides your coul bound and need to cut a coil or two off the spring. You can see by how much using your marked tape.
    Hope this helps you.

12. Help me please 1234556

But it use to work fine now it’s like this does that still mean I need a few coils cutting off ? Because when I take the springs out the notch clicks perfect then when the spring go in I push the cocking lever as far it will go the trigger moves a little bit but it won’t click

13. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

If it used to work with all the bits it has inside it now. What's changed?
    Trigger adjustment, worn Sears, or the bits inside are not fitting properly and before when it worked it may just have been catching the very top.of a dear.
    If you do the checks I listed in a previous post, it will rule out the spring and guides etc internals.
    Then you can start looking at the trigger and sear.
    Is the piston latch worn or burred , the rod in center of the piston.

14. Help me please 1234556

It’s a old gun (65 years) and it literally a piston and 2 springs that goes inside the piston then a little thing on top to compress it then I break the barrel and the little notch on the piston with the photo I provide is meant to catch behind the trigger also photo provide then one day I was cocking it and nothing seemed to happen

15. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

Sounds like it was just to say making engagement with the latch, either trigger set to light or worn latch or sear.
    As you say it engages ok without the spring, cut a coil off it and dress the end back up, refit and see if it's fixed.
    How much can you move the bit inside the gun past where it engages the sear, will it go past then come back to lock on the sear?

16. Help me please 1234556

Yeah I’ll do that now how many cows would you say 1-2-3-4 ?

17. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

Try one coil it will give you a few mm more travel to get past the sear.
    If when you get it working check it's speed and power on a chronograph.

18. Help me please 1234556

I’m looking to use this for huntin rabbits will this make it less powerful?

19. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

Forget power it's not even working yet.
    Accuracy is more important than outright power and being within legal limit.

Tadpole likes this.
  20. Help me please 1234556

Alright give us like 40 mins and I’ll get back to you mate