1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Air Arms

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Buzz, May 22, 2008.

1. Buzz

Buzz Banned

So as to clarify my statement in another post earlier without taking that thread off topic, I've opened this new thread to explain.

On the 21st of December last year I bought a new Air Arms S410 Classic, along with silencer, scope, extra magazine, pellets, rifle slip and air bottle.....a total of just over £1000.
    I have to say the quality of the rifle is second to none, but unfortunately I can't say the same for the quality of customer service.
    I thought the rifle was loosing power and when I chrono'd it at 10.6 ft/lbs I wasn't very happy. I was even more unhappy when I found that the gun was riddled with anti-tamper screws AND even a shear bolt over the adjuster.
    I e-mailed Air Arms telling them of my problem and of my feelings about their methods regarding anti-tamper, especially as I was a mature, shotgun certificate holder that wasn't interested in owning an illegal rifle, merely one which was very close to maximum allowable energy.
    They replied saying I should return the rifle via my point of purchase and they would examine it and IF NECESSARY increase it's power, but it would be returned with the same anti-tamper measures as it has a present, quoting the phrase "Anti-Tamper Legislation" as the reason. I tried to find the "legislation" and couldn't, I did find anti-tamper "recommendations", but not legislation and funnily enough, neither could my Fire Arms Office. When I questioned Air Arms about this "legislation", all communications stopped...just no replies at all. I took the rifle to the point of purchase, they tested it and said it was indeed very much down on power and they would return it to Air Arms for rectification. That was 3 weeks ago this coming Saturday and despite several e-mails from me to Air Arms asking for an update as to the current status of the rectification, I've heard nothing.
    Now I judge a company not by how few mistakes actually happen, but by how they deal with the mistakes that DO happen and on this scale Air Arms seem not to give a toss about the customer once they have their money, their after sales service stinks. I'm out of pocket at this moment to the tune of over £1000, have a load of equipment that's totally useless without the rifle they have and don't seem the slightest bit inclined to inform me when I'll get back, that's why I will never do business with them again !!

2. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

I too have had bad dealings with Air Arms,I wont go into details but they are very unhelpful,I too have had Emails ignored,pity the guns are great :confused:

3. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

BSA usually have good customer service i have heard and fromhearing that i think the falcon and the s410 has come off my short list leaving BSA t10 the victor.

well after the exams i'll be getting a job as a labourer for the summer and get me one:)

4. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

That's put me right off of buying an Air Arms MPR, that was top of my list, now relegated to bottom, thanks for letting us know of your experience and hope you get it sorted as soon as possible. :(

5. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

A friend of mine had a similar experience with air arms sorry your having the same troubles

6. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I feel I had a lucky escape in that I was on the verge of buying another 410 for Jenny and retiring my Edgar Brothers model 60 springer...that's obviously off the list now, I'll have to see what else is around.
    We need this sort of experience sharing in order to weed out bad service, suppliers need to know that a good product alone doesn't mean automatic sales. I usually compliment good service, so I feel quite in order to highlight the bad.

7. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

Maybe we could have a sticky thread for listing good and bad experiences

8. Buzz

Buzz Banned

ANDYYYYYYY ???

9. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

AA have never appealed to me, hearing this hasn't helped.

I had a hell of a lot of bother with my X2 when I first bought it, had to go back to Daystate three times. But every time Daystate had it they called me to let me know exactly what was happening with it and when they planned to have it done and sent back to me.

I'm 100% happy with their customer service.

10. halight

halight Busy Member

Thanks for the info on AA buzz, I always belive that when people have had good costmer service like chiz thay should tell others and when people like ourself have had bad then thay should also tell others.
    I have to say thet even though i dont have the money to buy a new airarms gun even if i did i dont think i would now. Whats the point in parting with all that chash when someting goes wrong with it your not keepd upto date with the progress.
    Shame on Air Arams

11. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

As this forum is based on Free Speech I reckon that's a top shout, come on Andy, Stick one up,:up:
    The only problem I can see with it could that anyone who gets dissed, would they or could they claim libel against the Forum ?

12. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

That actually happened on a fishing forum i was on somebody made up a totally rubbish reveiw on a product they didn't even own and the site got threatened with action but as long as we are honest and write about actual experiences that happened and stick to the facts they can't claim libel

13. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

you cant go making up trash about an item or in this case customer service.
    If AA could prove that buzz was lying (unlikley) then AA could take legal action on the forum.

14. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

The manufacturers could take action about things posted in the reveiws section if they wanted to so i don't think having a section listing good and bad service would hurt the forum it would just help make people aware of the good and the bad

15. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

good reviews are earned anyway, people should be free to rate and critisise companys (if the critisisms are fair)

16. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I've just had an e-mail back from Air Arms....eventually...to say that there is nothing wrong with the gun. It's all my fault..the numpty that I am....as the gun has been over-filled and that is the reason it's down on power.
    All this is load of "ball bags" to use MOO's words, I have never over-filled it, but more to the point it shouldn't be able to be over filled if it's likely to cause this sort of problem anyway. On top of that, Air Arms have charged Euroguns £45 and they expect me to pay them. This is a gun that's less than 5 months old and the warranty doesn't mean a damned thing, as Air Arms can just say it's down to the user and you can't prove otherwise.

17. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

what so its just down on power?:confused:

why dont they just tweak it up a bit then:rolleyes:

18. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

On the o2 phone site they invite you to review phones from all different makers, I have reviewed a couple of phones, one very good and one not so good, there are lots of poor reviews about phones on there and often people have common problems. I can't think that the phone manufacturers would sue for libel becuse o2 wouldn't invite people to review them. Surely it must be ok to offer a personal opinion on something based of their actual experiences with it

19. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

Review center is a goodwebsite for reviews on most things fron phones to cars

20. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

They will have adjusted the power and just blaming you, what you should have done buzz is play them at there own game and put security stickers over the bolts. :D
    That way you would soon know the real deal, if they altered the power. :up: