1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Air arms tx200 help please

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by dave goodall, Aug 2, 2014.

1. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Ok after trying every brand of pcp ive descided to go back to basics with old springers any how a hw77k later and tx200 think its mk2 got couple of questions for the ones in the know so to say the tx as a threaded barrel with barrel weight on can these be exchanged for a silencer of any kind , im thinking it cant because of the underleaver catch , so can a shroud be bought from anywhere to makeit a shrouded model .Also it was supposivly vmach internals is there any way of telling ??

Now condition the stock defo needs refunishing im thinking its a mk2 walnut but on the look out of the mk3 stock ( i like the patterns) can these be bought seperate or ever come up second hand ??

Both guns the hw and air arms will begoing to richard h for reblue so no bg rush but any help would be very appreciated atvb daveG

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. john79

john79 Very Active

Hi dave a friend of mine has fitted a hw mod on his tx200hc without no problem

I fitted a v-mach kit in my pro-sport the kit does away with the metal top hat inside the piston, the piston v-mach seal is/was green and the air arm's seal is white,the v-mach spring guide is made from delrin were as the standard is metal

hope this helps

atb john

3. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Pics to help clarify

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Yeah its not the threaded type john to take a silencer if u get me matey i can fit one but nothing holds the underleaver then hence the shrouded option

Ile strip the action later and get some pics of internals it shoots real sweet but has metal spring guides so a pm to tinbum could ge on the cards but if its vmach will swapping the pring guides upset it ??

5. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Definitely a MK2.

6. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

does it really need a silencer?
    The metal guides are not a problem as long as the spring is greased correctly, you say it shoots real sweet so why rock the boat.

7. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

It was bought as a project mate to tidy up so to say and help me understand how a spring rifle works as well as the hw77 but after having a play with the tx realy took to it the feel ect as it feels quality so want to make this my hunting gun so want it running to the best what it can do the lad who had as had it as greased it with wd40 by the smell of the grease inside anyhow it will be tidyied up as was the 77k (although this is my range gun) not sure weather to rep,ace the stock with a mk3 stock or just refinish the original .

Do,s it need a silencer proberly not but as i will be using it as my hunting gun will be used at night around the farm yard ect so a silencer will be a better option so as not to cause any unwanted problems noise ect ate at night atvb dave g

8. mattw975

mattw975 Big Poster

But they work well on a TX200 (HC) :)

http://youtu.be/CIgxxC4xwt8

9. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

My point matt is what will underleaver clip on to if i take off barrel weight can u et a silencer with a underleaver clip fastend

10. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Nope sorry :(

11. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Thanks rich what i expected so only real route is to fit the hc shroud if i want tofit silencer atvb dave

12. RED1 TOM

RED1 TOM Well-Known Member

I would keep it as standard mate, with a good strip and lube, and you can even put in a drop in kit from Tin Bum, to keep it smooth and quite.
    The stock can be striped and done, I did mine with True Oil, when stripping use an old tooth brush for the chequering, use Niromoors or similar then scrap of all the old vanish, I used hobby knife blades, then I used 1200 grit wet and dry then 0000 wire wool wetting in between to raise the wood fibre. Because its walnut, you wont need grain sealer and can oil straight after small amounts with your fingers about 6 coats a nice beeswax after and they look stunning mate.

Tom

13. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Cheers mate yeah the stOck isnt aprob refinished acouple in the past ile keep a eye out for a m3 stock as i like the chequering my main concern is internals and the barrel weight i was wondeing if tinbum could do ashroud for it with the under leaver catch fastend to it atb dave

14. sharpsman

sharpsman Big Poster

I love the old mk2's and would never part with mine, I dont think your stock is walnut though it looks like beech to me but still nicely grained.

15. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Have just skimmed through so forgive me if I've missed owt / am repeating what others have already said, but...

That's a Mk2 with a Beech stock. Being the full-length model the muzzle assy doesn't have the provision for a mod - only the shorter, shrouded HC had this facility.

I'd strongly advise leaving the rifle unmodified - you could tap the front of the muzzle assy but this would be a shame as Mk2s are becoming increasingly collectable and sought-after - finding an unmolested example gets harder by the day (they stopped making them around 1998 so the youngest ones are now 16yrs old). Irreversibly modifying it will kill the value; the muzzle assy works to cut muzzle report to a small degree anyway.

The later, more rounded stocks with the fish scale chequering are ergonomically superior to the earlier, diamond-chequered and more angular offerings (which were used on the Mk3s for a while) - however in the same vein as above, if you do swap the stocks keep the old one. Unless the stock is completely battered (looks alright from here) I'd leave it alone as we all know how hard it is to refinish beech to the same standard as a factory stock.

Finally, you might not want to rest it on / against stone in future - I hate to think what that's doing to your bluing and 'scope turret!

16. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

It was carefully placed there mate as ivalue the scope a hell of a lot. It want just thrown there ;) and as alwys cl always value your input on such matters.the stockis in desperate need of refinishing it isnt worse stock ive done but a. Good candidate it has been used as a hunting tool by the last owner for sure .

Your right in saying the report from the barrel isnt too bad pretty much like the hw 77 k (which is same size) i didnt realise they was sought after the mk2 but inside wants cleaning re greasing for sureas it stinks of wd 40 i think not proper grease it was advertised as having vmach internals but isnt most second hand spring guns :rolleyes: After a quick glance inside it has metal guides so will investigate further if nothing else ile just clean and relube but both are going to be reblued very soon (tx200 and hw77k )

I value the likeof your self and jd s input on these matters ep older guns which i in allhonesty dont have much knowledge at all and just starting to understandhow to setone back up after messing with pcps for the last ten yearbutmy perception is changing fast on the older quality tools im even grouping at 30 yards with the hw .

Ile have a look inside once cleaned and take some pics as u say hopefully itmay all be standerd inside still atvb daveg

Psi did buy it as a walnut hunter carbine not that it really matters but what length would the hc be

17. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Some pics of damage to stock so u can see the life its had

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Cool :)

Likewise I value your thoughts on Rapids etc as I know sod all about them.. we all have our area of knowledge and sharing it with others is what the forum's for, after all :up:

I agree about stripping and relubing; sounds like it needs it. Unless it's been abused I doubt it'll need owt replacing -usually TX guts are bombproof - I've stripped Mk1s before and found the springs to be straight and still giving full power.

I'm not sure on the OAL of the HC I'm afraid - the barrel was about 6.5" shorter than the standard gun's (I think 16" v. 9.5") however the muzzle assy on the full length gun projects past the muzzle less far than the shroud does on the HC. At a guess I'd say the HC is probably 3-4" shorter.

Good luck getting it sorted - do keep us informed of your progress :)

19. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Looks like you've got your work cut out on that stock :D

20. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Yeah matty its certainly been used :D I have bit of a fetish at min for original springers so will give it the time it deserves quiet peed off with myself that ive judged all springers on more recent models and my only contribution to the world of springers is aold mercary i sed to have as akid and alot of bsa super sports reckon ive been missing out on quite alot as the hw77 at 30 year old is unreal accuracy wise for me esp with a springer and cant wait to put this tx through its paces atvb dave g