1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Air Arms T Bar Fill Valve Swap

Discussion in 'Technical' started by saddler1980, Sep 14, 2020 at 10:16 AM.

1. saddler1980

saddler1980 Engaging Member

is the newer T bar fill valve a direct swap for the older style? I'd like to have all my rifles on the same filler if possible

2. Roger Archbold

Roger Archbold Busy Member

Best-fittings do an upgrade, not exactly cheap, I've been thinking of using their fill valve upgrade, which is basically going back to a snap on coupler and doing away with the new type brass fitting, reason is, I've got about 4 of the new type, and they seem to be specific to each rifle i.e. Not interchangeable, unable to find any reason for this, I know none of this helps you, just wanted to get it off my chest. Rog

saddler1980 likes this.
  3. Bezzer

Bezzer Posting Addict

It's worth getting the Best fittings valve conversion, done it for mine, a lot easier than OE

4. shadowryder

shadowryder Tinkering in Wales!!

I fitted the huma probe and guage type on my s200 its much better.

Coggie likes this.
  5. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

To actually answer your question the inlet valve housings are different between the original "snap connector" and current T-bar setup, so also require replacing which can be a ballache as you need an appropriate tool to remove the housing from the end of the cylinder and they're often pretty tight.

If you have an earlier rifle AA do an "upgrade kit" that contains everything you need (although you can retain your existing valve cover so it looks original ;) ) for about £60 at a guess; as illustrated in my Ultimate Lashup thread ;)

saddler1980 likes this.
  6. saddler1980

Would you mind if i drop you a PM with a few questions? I want to start a "HFT400" build

7. cloverleaf

I would mind, yes :p

As per my sig let's keep in on the thread please. You should be able to get most if not all of the info you need from my lashup thread as that's basically just an S400 MPR in a US / HFT stock ;)

Coggie likes this.
  8. saddler1980

I'm planning on a build, any idea if the newer barrel (S401B) will fit with my early pre AT bolt housing from my carbine? I'd like to add the full length barrel and cylinder (S335)?
    Cheers

9. cloverleaf

The larger-diameter MPR barrel and associated block notwithstanding, all barrels are interchangeable in the blocks regardless of age or calibre. Cylinders are all interchangeable too. I'd question the value in doing this swap though as these two parts will cost the best part of £200, which is more than halfway to a decent used S400 ;)

Coggie, Rotherham Owl and saddler1980 like this.
  10. Roger Archbold

Hi Bezzer, just looked at the Best fittings upgrade kit, did you have to change the fill valve body to do this, also the cover cap ? I should be going to Somerset either this week or the week after, and can then drop into their premises in Gillingham. It sounds like a good way to solve my problems with the brass fittings. Cheers Rog

11. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin BEAST OF BODMIN

If you have the very early chunky snap fitting on your s series... like this...
    975E7AB5-8613-46E8-9230-C7B58AA6C74D.jpeg
    then you will need the full best fittings kit to upgrade...

either the older T bar type (which I don’t like... had one blow off under pressure and scare the bejesus out of me!! ) 3CFAC065-333E-49B4-88AF-B85A705CB6E8.jpeg

or the newer Foster type which is the benchmark for many new guns from daystate etc 4BADF2E4-7E02-4841-B09E-583181B0DD4E.jpeg

you will need a two-peg cylinder tool available on eBay for @ £15
    0C521C07-D180-46DE-98DC-9979A648021B.png

I made my own on lathe.

if you already have a T bar filler then it’s cheap and easy to upgrade to a foster valve kit FD5100F2-5EB4-4CEC-9A8F-E6E681E0EB6A.jpeg

Well worth doing :thumb:

Coggie and saddler1980 like this.
  12. Roger Archbold

Cheers Lev, it was the foster I was thinking of, £12 got to be done, already have all the tools.
    What I wanted to know was, will the original fill valve cap still fit. Rog

Lev Levvin likes this.
  13. squib

squib Keyboard Hero

The lane quickfill assembly is about £70, and a doddle to do.

Coggie likes this.
  14. Roger Archbold

Cheers squib, the doddle I can handle, but £70 might be harder to come by. Thanks

squib likes this.
  15. saddler1980

Think i've located one, we'll see thursday :thumb:

cloverleaf likes this.
  16. Roger Archbold

Ordered 2 of the foster types from Best-fittings £24 well spent
    Now, what else can I b****r sorry meant fix. Rog

Lev Levvin likes this.
  17. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin BEAST OF BODMIN

@cloverleaf... talking of AA cylinders and barrels...

I noticed today that my s510xs air tube has a few really tiny rusty pinpoints on it...

should I be concerned and out the tube...buy a new one...
    or will it be safe to oil it up with gunex ?

18. cloverleaf

If it's just surface rust remove it with 0000 wire wool and keep it oiled ;)

Lev Levvin likes this.