1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Air Arms S510r Ultimate Sporter

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by BrettMRC, Jun 16, 2019.

1. BrettMRC

BrettMRC Donator

Last week I went out with the intention of getting a Steyr semi-auto, but at the last minute recoiled from the crippling wallet bashing that would have taken place and came over all Air Arms...

Not really knowing what I wanted I shouldered several rifles and decided I liked the feel of the S510r carbine the best; in Ultimate Sporter guise it ticked a lot of boxes. I also really like the soft touch finish - starting to become a must have for me!

The gun seems light but well put together, (well almost - more later) and the needle-less manometer is an interesting feature.

Scope is a Hawke Airmax 30SF Compact, a good mix of clarity, size and weight.
    The moderator is specific to the Ultimate Sporter model and I'm not sure who manufactures it.
    Also purchased a spare magazine too, so have the two shaded ones and a yellow faced one now.

It's a great rifle to shoot, quiet and very accurate - even with my hamfisted self doing the shooting!

What isn't so great is the magazine seating/indexing design, if I seat the magazine(s) fully home it won't index - if I push the pin back through and pull outwards on the magazine it will then index and work normally. I stripped all 3 mags and ****ed about for a morning before we worked out the method above. I will give the supplier a call tomorrow if I get a chance to see if this is just me, or a more common issue. (The indexing arm is the later design)

Anyway, crappy weather and the issue above mean I have only put c50 pellets through as yet.

However even with so few shots I can tell its very impressive.

Pics below, including the usual method of testing vs an old mobile!

More to come once I get more time with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Centre is zero setup, top right is a full mag post zero at approx 20M
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyokogyo/

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Blue BSA and rizla1 like this.
  2. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Glad you're liking the US it's a lovely rifle. I have the previous ( unregulated version ) and it was a favourite for a long time but as it happens the same Steyr you were considering has taken it's place in my collection.

Enjoy. :up:

BrettMRC and Blue BSA like this.
  3. rizla1

rizla1 The welsh shepherd.

nice gun mate :thumb:

BrettMRC and Blue BSA like this.
  4. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Q-Tec was the default mod for the US, not certain if this remains the same.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Blue BSA and BrettMRC like this.
  5. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Post Whore

Nice. I was waiting for that to come out. And I waited. And I waited. And I waited. And I waited some more, then I bought my R10. :rolleyes:

I am surprised the R version of the HFT500 hasn't appeared yet.

BrettMRC likes this.
  6. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

I heard it was in the works @Blue BSA - rightly or wrongly.

Blue BSA likes this.
  7. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Enjoyable read, thank you.

BrettMRC likes this.
  8. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Post Whore

The original / current one seems to be a bit of curates egg. There seems to be some good ones out there and some crap; a bit like the R10's reputation. I am surprised at the number of second hand ones on the racks. Not really interested now. I would rather get a decent secondhand Gold Star, if I was after that sort of thing which I am not.

(I looked at HW110 - too small; HFT500 - decided I needed a mag; S500 US - just about to buy, R announced; R10 - bought couldn't wait for US R any longer.)

9. BrettMRC

BrettMRC Donator

Quick update: The RFD suggests that whilst not every S410/510 behaves this way, a lot do... AirArms have not yet officially recognised the issue yet!

10. Pete236

Pete236 Little Member

@BrettMRC it sounds like the mag spring clip needs a tweak.
    On top of the action, at the front of the breech, there is a little sprung clip with 2 small Allen bolts holding it in place.
    Slacken these off a little, insert a mag and push the bolt/sidelever in.
    Jiggle the mag and the little spring clip until everything is lined up and sitting nicely, then nip up the screws.
    It might take more than one attempt, but it worked for me.

Seamaster and BrettMRC like this.
  11. BrettMRC

BrettMRC Donator

Thank you - will have a play around and see what I can achieve :)

Pete236 likes this.
  12. Pete236

Pete236 Little Member

No worries :) you've got the new indexing post in there which is great, supposed to be an awful lot better than the old one. Have fun!

13. rich79

rich79 Donator

I've got the unregged laminate in .22, really I need to do more pellet testing as JSB exact jumbo group but not exactly tight enough for a rested pcp at 30yds.
    Might put some FTT or mags through it when I get the chance.
    The only thing that bugs me is having to pull the lever all the way back until a hard stop to put a mag in, bit of a pain when you're standing up & can't hold the rifle properly.