1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Air Arms S410f Carbine Or Hw110 Stk?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Phil Barlow, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Phil Barlow

Phil Barlow Well-Known Member

Ok guys I've got my next air rifle narrowed down to AA S410f carbine and after visiting a gun shop on Saturday and seeing the HW110 stk I liked it :) very much :) but I also like wooden stocks so which one would you pick out of he 2???

TIA
    Phil

2. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

AA for me Phil.

oedbachgen and Marky-Boy like this.
  3. Rossiwelsh

Rossiwelsh Engaging Member

S410f mate haven’t got one myself but after trying both I liked S410f better but I would shoulder both mate and see what fits you best

4. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

410 straight outta da box Phil ... don't do plastic - my AA is bob on and even bought it back for more money than I sold it for :facepalm:

5. ibo7

ibo7 Keyboard Hero

Air Arms gets my vote, both dependable guns but AA has a lot more proven pedigree.

oedbachgen, Lev Levvin and Marky-Boy like this.
  6. bob4026

bob4026 Posting Addict

The AA over the 110.

If it was a 100, that might be different.

The 4*0 series are excellent rifles, well proven and easy on the eye. Summat about the 110 that doesn’t work for me. Fugly, but I don’t think it’s that...

oedbachgen likes this.
  7. hamza

hamza Busy Member

I own both and like both for different reasons.

The 110 has a very smooth shot cycle, nicer than the 410 in my opinion. It feels better ergonomically to me but this may be different for you and will also depend on scope choice. It’s very light, lighter than the 410 carbine. Mine is not pellet fussy and it’s regulated so very consistent.

The 410 is far prettier even with just a beech stock but with a walnut one it’s really rather lovely. It’s shot cycle may be less smooth and that bolt action can be a little stiff.... but it has character. The 110 is a bit of soul less pellet dispenser.

Just depends what is more important to you really.

I may well be selling my 410 in .177 soon if you decide to go that way route.

Tim Coe and Rossiwelsh like this.
  8. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The Two + 1

AA 100%

WR14210 and oedbachgen like this.
  9. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

AA all day long.

10. rich79

rich79 Donator

110 is a cheapening of the brand, although the S410 does nothing for me I'd rather have that.
    As above, if it was a HW100t then that would be my choice.

Marky-Boy likes this.
  11. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Big Poster

110 is ugly as sin and looks like a cheap Far Eastern reject

Yuk

S410f is in a different league :thumb:

12. WR14210

WR14210 Engaging Member

Got to be the S410. :thumb::thumb:

oedbachgen, Marky-Boy and Lev Levvin like this.
  13. Rat reaper

Rat reaper Posting Addict

S410 for me . @Marky-Boy are you running out of emojis :D

WR14210, oedbachgen and Marky-Boy like this.
  14. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The Two + 1

Doesn’t seem like it
    seems ok mate

15. Rat reaper

Rat reaper Posting Addict

That’s better :cool::thumb:

oedbachgen, Marky-Boy and Lev Levvin like this.
  16. PaulBB

PaulBB Engaging Member

AA everytime.

WR14210, oedbachgen and Marky-Boy like this.
  17. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Try and shoulder both and go from there, both will do the job with ease.

If it was me though I would get the Air Arms :thumb:

WR14210 and oedbachgen like this.
  18. Philpot

Philpot Posting Addict

Not an AA lover and the rear bolt action is not nice to use in my opinion although there are many on here who love them but we all like different things. I use mainly FAC Impact but for my sub 12 work I have the 110k which I can find no fault with. 2.6kg so very light, HW accuracy goes without saying, slick side lever cocking, low mag position so no lump sticking up above the rifle, regged so consistant shots, 80ish shots per fill fitted with an original Mamba Lite scope, the balance is nothing short of superb and the fit in the shoulder is perfect.

Both guns will do you proud but I don't like unregged rifles and rear bolt, A regged 510 is another matter however.

Phil

19. cjsid

cjsid Engaging Member

Depends do you prefer bolt or side lever , for me it would be the hw110 for the side lever

Tim Coe likes this.
  20. Popgun

Popgun Donator

I pull back with index finger against the action but not with the knob, as i think it induces a sideways pressure onto the shaft

WR14210, Wing Commander, Dr B and 2 others like this.