1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Air Arms S410 Classic Walnut ThumbHole Rifle Review

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by Andy, May 6, 2007.

1. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

2. Derrick

Derrick Active Member

AA S410 Carbine

I picked up my new S410 carbine on Friday evening.

First impressions are of the apparent delicacy of the barrel, it's not built to take the self-cocking bending stresses of a springer. Also, it seems absurdly short!

I have put a couple of shots through it to check that it actually works. I was expecting the carbine report to be louder than a full length rifle but I was surprised that it was as loud as it was. Next purchase will be a silencer.

The bolt seemed very easy to operate. The only other PCP rifle I can compare to is a BSA (T10, I think) where the cocking mechanism consisted of a metal rod sticking out of a slot. The S410 is infinitely preferable in this respect.

The weather at the weekend prevented zeroing of the Richter scope. First impression of this is that it's ok but is obviously not an expensive scope.

I'll be getting the scope sorted-out this week and then start shooting some groups - small ones, I hope.

3. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Good review,the newer guns have a three stage trigger which is a lot better,and also have a safety catch built into the trigger.

4. simply james

simply james Banned

yep good review

5. peter g

peter g Big Poster

Mines the later one with the 3 stage trigger and safety in trigger. I find it's loud even with a silencer on :eek: I was wondering if it would be possible to get the barrel screwcut to take a 1/2" UNF silencer. Does anyone know if this is possible?/

6. simply james

simply james Banned

yes its possible i had one done when they first come out,but it wasnt cheap i remember,bagnal and kirkwoods in newcastle done mine

7. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Buy an adapter then you can fit any 1/2" UNF silencer without all the hastle and expense :up:

8. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Nice review

9. wafu

wafu Active Member

interestng although may prefer carbine for hunting

10. FireBaseAlpha

FireBaseAlpha Member

Thanks so much for the review it has helped me a great deal. I was looking at upgrading from my springer as I have learnt enough tricks and have got used to airgunning. I have been informed by several differnt sources there preferences and I was looking at purchasing a HW100 S carbine.. however something has cropped up that negates me spending £700+ on one.

I went to local 'smiths' today and saw an AA S410, but it was not the carbine nor did it have the thumb hole and I cant recall it having the adjustable butt either. This may sound a stupid question but which is the better rifle for field, the one you have reviewed or the one I saw today? The cost for the one I saw today was £525 does that sound reasonable?

Any comments apart from 'Dohh' would be greatly appreciated and taken on board.