1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Air Arms Pro Sport to a BSA PCP.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Mark g, May 19, 2015.

1. Mark g

Mark g Member

Hi guys,
    I currently own a lovely Walnut Pro Sport in 177 (my second over the last few years), my boy has got a BSA scorpion 177 with the black tactical stock,
    I had chance to shoot it last weekend and I must say I had forgotten how light and how easy it comes to the shoulder and as accurate as my PS (or should I be saying my PS is as accurate and a PCP lol).

The main reason I wold like to change is the weight issue, I like the feel of the PCP, I cannot fault the Air Arms except for the weight of it :-(.

I don't shoot very often these days, I don't go hunting now just targets and the like (very therapeutic) but I'm thinking of selling my PS for a BSA PCP, I like the idea of the tactical stock but I'm not too up on what models they did with that stock?.

I did have an Ultra a few years ago when they first came out, liked it but the shot count was dire, anything I should be aware of the BSA's is it best to get a regulated one ?, any comments and advice welcome.

Cheers
    Mark

2. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

I can't give you advice on the BSA's but (and I'll probably get a tuning of people for this) a PCP is no where near as rewarding to shoot as a springer, if all you are doing is target work why not look at a lighter springer?

3. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

All the latest BSA pcps are available in the tactical stock,

if you want light and pointable, I would lean towards an ultra with a tench regulator, this will easily give you the same shot count as a standard scorpion and without the power curve:)

4. Mark g

Mark g Member

Hi Cymru Dave, I would agree to a certian extent but, any decent springer weighs a ton and I really liked the light weight feel of that PCP.

Steviee 76, how much would a tench reg be?

Cheers

5. Stevie Darling

6. Mark g

Mark g Member

Cheers for that Pal, seems like a good service to have, must admit I thought the shot count on the Scorpion would be more than what the website says, hopefully my PS will be sold this weekend and I'll be on the lookout for a Scorpion or maybe an R10. I'll have to do some research to see what will suit me best.
    Thanks once again for the replies guys.

Cheers
    Mark

7. laserman

laserman Well-Known Member

Me I'd keep the prosport mate I really would. I've came back from PCPs to springers and haven't missed them.

8. biotaw1

biotaw1 Engaging Member

Could look at an HW99S...very light and by all accounts an excellent springer.

9. timmytree

timmytree Very Active

Only you know what you really want and why but many shooters have gone from springer to PCP and been happy for a while. The problem is a PCP can eventually get boring, particularly on targets. Even more so when you run out of air or develop a leak. (It does happen!)
    If you can afford it I would put the PS to one side for a while. Give it a good clean, wrap it up and put it away safe and warm while you go about trying a PCP. Give it 6 months before you get the PS out again and see if it puts a smile on your face, if it does then keep it, if it doesn't then sell it.

10. Stevie Darling

Don't listen to them mate....

bloody orrible things those boingers:mao::tongue2:

11. laserman

laserman Well-Known Member

PCPs,,,, are boring, they leak, your in a field and realise its low on air, the price of external stuff, filling the divers bottle(if you went that route),

Springers shoot all day long.and if the nutt behind the butt is any good,just as accurate as a PCP.

12. JLB

JLB Busy Member

The good thing about a spring gun if you don't shoot very often, is you know it will work when you do go to use it again. Best bet would be to keep the Prosport & buy a second hand pcp to go with it. If I had to have only one gun, it would be a springer.

John:)

13. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

i had a mate of mine come around last weekend never fired a air rifle before so i started with the springers , fired a few shots and on to the pcp`s , not a few shots he just wanted to keep going ! was loving it ! , always best to have both i think just for a reality check now and again ...

14. rkr

rkr Posting Addict

A tuned BSA Scorpion with Blast tamer in .177 will give you about 100 shots with 4% ES. Regulator will give you those shots within 10 fps but they need higher fill pressure for shotcount. As far as BSAs go it's a good idea to have it tuned, the factory QC is not up to Steyr or Feinwerkbau levels and tuning will ensure that you have 100% functional gun.

15. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Hi mate I have a nine month old R-10 and it's never missed a beat, very accurate and a pleasure to shoot, if the day comes when I have a problem it will get sorted, but at the moment it's that good it can stay as it is, it loves JSB 4.53s.

16. Mark g

Mark g Member

Well the Prosport went this morning, I hope the new owner likes it, I still say that the Pro Sport is the best looking air rifle bar one, thanks for the comments guys, I would have liked to have kept it and buy a pcp too but I just cannot justify owning two guns. I've had pcp's in the past, one Ultra, one AA S400 and a FX (can't remember which model) and I've had loads of springers since I was 14. They both have good and bad points, I already own a big bottle, my lad has a Scorpion so I have not got that cost to find, I just love the feel of a nice pcp, the BSA range with the tactical stock just does it for me (at the mo lol). What ever model I get I will be fitting a reg, my only dilemma now is which model, it will probably end up with a scorpion but I have looked at an Ultra SE and an R10, my only issue with the R10 is cost and I recall some issues with early models??.

Thanks once again guys for the comments and input, much appreciated.

Cheers

17. Rat reaper

Rat reaper Posting Addict

You might want to weigh up the cost of a regulater to be fitted ,silencer and a spare mag on a ultra then look at a hw 100 that comes with it plus you get a walnut stock which imo is a better rifle

18. JLB

JLB Busy Member

I think the BSA's are vastly over priced new. As has been mentioned, if you plan on adding a regulator, they are £100 if you fit it yourself. I would look at a better gun to start with. However if you can pick one up relatively cheap & then add the reg, they are not a bad deal. R10 regs are a bit hit & miss so make sure you get a good one if you go second hand with one of those.

John :)

19. rkr

rkr Posting Addict

All PCPs are vastly overpriced if you compare them to firearms. IMO BSAs are not that bad as they have been refined over the years. Especially the Ultra SE has rather attractive price. The SE models are also very easy to regulate as Huub is making a regulator that just replaces the airtube section in between the valve and gauge. The price of a Scorpion SE + DIY Huma reg is the same as plain AA S410 price if we want to compare things.