1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Air Arms Or Daystate

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Geoff C, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Geoff C

Geoff C Member

hello everybody
    I`m new to the forum so will introduce myself, here goes. Been shooting many years mainly shotgun with a sprinkling of air rifles. I now wish to take up air rifle more seriously specially as a couple of indoor ranges have opened nearby.
    I already have a weihrauch hw110 which is pretty good but looking to try an air arms either s410 classic or s510 - the 410 has the slightly longer barrel at about 19 ins. My other choice is the daystate huntsman regal. Can`t find any accurate data on any of the choices and don`t believe most of the fake news on u-tube posts.
    I shoot mostly bits of paper at 40m with infrequent pest control ( rats ) in back garden, accuracy will be overriding factor though I do like look of the daystate.
    Any advice much appreciated, thanks to all respondants
    geoff

2. hughlle

hughlle Big Poster

I'm biased. I have an s510, it's is a fantastic gun, with the right batch of jsb 4.52 exacts, a fool can shoot it accurately off a bench, and despite being out of warranty when something went wrong, all it cost me was £14 postage and I got a nice serviced action returned to me :) I've heard less than stella reports when it comes to daystate, I.e extortionate service costs (but I must stress that is what I've read, as have never owned a daystate, but don't intend to as a result, the company (not the guns) does absolutely nothing for me. I'm a strong proponent of a product is only as good as the customer service offered, and in that regard, AA excel.

ibo7 likes this.
  3. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Hi and welcome Geoff, the S400 series are mighty fine rifle's :thumb:

Ray

nevadacowboy likes this.
  4. rangelandrob

rangelandrob Engaging Member

I own a Regal and have found it to be very very accurate, as to customer service I can't comment as I bought mine second hand. It is at least the equal of the Air Arms products and I believe prettier than them. Having said that either the Regal or Air Arms would be a great purchase, the new walnut thumb hole stock is very nice on the 510.

5. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Top Poster

Welcome mate. If it were me - Air Arms

6. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Post Whore

I can't honestly see what you will gain by getting an AA when you have a 110 already.

My advice would be take the next step up the ladder, trade the 110 and buy a Daystate Wolverine R.

7. Carlos76

Carlos76 Big Poster

Air arms everyday

8. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl Air Arms Poster Boy

Air Arms all the way IMO.

9. Readie

Readie Proud Member

Got to be Air Arms and I've owned a few of both.

10. Mark246

Mark246 Engaging Member

welcome aboard mate :up:... 510 all the way!

11. Phil Kennett

Phil Kennett Engaging Member

clearly Daystate make fine rifles but customer service appears lacking when it is needed, so my choice would be AA

12. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

AA - no question. :thumb:

13. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

:welcome:

I've owned both daystate and Air Arms, never had any issues but Air Arms wins hands down ;)

14. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Pro Poster

15. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Post Whore

Whilst I must agree with the comments above Daystate has one thing over AA currently and that is styling!

The aesthetics of the higher end Daystates are to die for, AA styling has not changed much over the years (and for good reason they work) some wont care about the looks of their gun and thats fine!

I vote with my wallet, Daystate all day long!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  16. iain5253

iain5253 Well-Known Member

Daystate, had two and still have one. Air Arms S510 Ultimate Sporter was anything but ultimate for me...

17. Geoff C

Geoff C Member

well thanks you guys for the responses, a straw pole says 11 to 4 for the air arms- I`ll likely give one a try.
    thanks
    Geoff c

PumpnGun likes this.
  18. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Hello Geoff.

Anther vote for the AA stable.

:thumb:

19. pjgtech

pjgtech Post Whore

AA here too... :thumb:

20. Geoff C

Geoff C Member

hello again all
    still on AA verses Daystate, I was quizzing a guy at the rifle range who had an AA 410 about shot consistency and he showed me result he had recently done for 30 odd consecutive shots - .177 h&n field target trophy, viz :
    ,761, 757,760,761,760,763,755,756,763,756,758,757,755,754,759,760,755,757,757,763,758,760,760,763,763,766,768,767,763,760,767,768,763,764,759
    fill pressure was 185bar to 135 bar
    looks pretty good to me.
    Does anyone have any similar data for daystate huntsman regal.
    thanks
    geoff