1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question AGF FORUM MEET 2015

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by stevemandm, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    hi all. me n matty had a nice couple of hours at our local club - pontefract air rifle club (PARC), which can be found here http://www.pontefractairrifleclub.co.uk/
    anyway, got talking to one of the lads, who happens to be on the comittee, and we asked of the chance of an agf meet to be held there next summer. he said a big yes, in theory. all he wants is the date and numbers, then he can do the sums etc. there are permanent toilets on site, as well as a portakabin with electricity, and a large camping area, car park, as well as a couple of zeroing/plinking ranges, a couple of pistol ranges and a ft and hft course, all behind a big locked gate. i told him that folk would like to camp and bbq on fri and sat night, and shoot on friday afternoon, all day saturday, and possibly sunday morning (basically what we did at the agf meet a couple of weeks ago). he says that all he needs is a rough numbers guide, so that he can decide whether to shut the club and have it open for just agf members, or leave it open for both parc and agf members. i imagine that costs will be roughly the same as the last meet, and you will be free to use all the courses at your leisure, as well as a few organised competitions. its only a couple of miles from the m62, and quite central for all of us (and 10 miles for me n matty !).
    after the last meet (thanks mick and all the guys who organised this), i thought one that's central would appeal to some shooters that thought the last one a bit far to travel.
    anyway, its all theory so far, so who would be interested ?
    please post your interest on this thread, as we need to get an idea of numbers before we can move forward on this. post your username, and can the next person copy and paste the previous and add theirs, so we get a running total of names
    firstly, i need a rough headcount, then we will decide on a suitable date. when we have these details, i can take them to the club, then they can sort out a price, and then an itinary for the weekend.

ps, any junior members must be accompanied by a parent, relative or guardian, who will take full responsibility.

mods, could this thread be stickied please ?

so, we'll start the list off

stevemandm
    mattyts

2. milek

milek Honorary Member

Please allow me to be first on the list. I have been to Ponty rifle club so I can vouch for its amenities. It means I can sit back and let someone else do all the graft and I can just turn up and win the trophies. One question; can I throw scotch eggs?

stevemandm
    mattyts
    milek

3. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

Oh that far north - it will be like a real adventure for me:D

stevemandm
    mattyts
    milek
    OzzyJ

4. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

just looking on map now,,,,,,,,,,,,

5. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

my map just goes to Birmingham and then shows wilderness beyond that point:D

6. milek

milek Honorary Member

Get to Brum Mark and you can double up with me bud. Half the journey.

7. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

stevemandm
    mattyts
    milek
    Ozzyj
    DR2501

Family are all in Barnsley so easy for me.

i can't do August 22nd through to mid September though getting married and off on honeymoon!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  8. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

mick thanks mate sounds great :up:

9. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

stevemandm
    mattyts
    milek
    Ozzyj
    DR2501
    gasman

10. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

I cannot commit 100% due to work place and times next summer, but if im home i will give this one a go. As its only 2 hours away.

11. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

stevemandm
    mattyts
    milek
    Ozzyj
    DR2501
    gasman
    Jonnyovy

12. milek

milek Honorary Member

No problem. You can call me Jack and I can call you Ennis :)

13. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

I just googled that and I'm washing my hair that weekend sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

unless I'm the giver :eek:

14. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

its a long way to pontefract

15. milek

milek Honorary Member

Actually PMSL

16. Jed Clampit

Jed Clampit Posting Addict

stevemandm
    mattyts
    milek
    Ozzyj
    DR2501
    gasman
    Jonnyovy
    Jed Clampit (and I'm not telling my extended family so they can't screw it up this time!!)

17. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

I said I wanted tobe the giver :laff:

ozzy that's pure quality mate :rolleyes: p****d me self

18. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I honestly wonder how people walk away from these weekends un injured and with their sanity relatively intact..:D

19. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

stevemandm
    mattyts
    milek
    Ozzyj
    DR2501
    gasman
    Jonnyovy
    Jed Clampit (and I'm not telling my extended family so they can't screw it up this time!!)
    Jackroadkill.

It's a Reverse Bannantyne for me.

20. sillygarry

sillygarry Posting Addict

when we get rid of jockland will ponty still be in my england :laff:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.