1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Agf Benchrest 20

Discussion in 'Target Shooting' started by Wofty, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

BR20 Actual Logo.jpg
    Welcome to AGF BR20!

BR20 is a benchrested target competition for forum members* running over the course of 12 monthly rounds for 2020.
    Below you will find:-
    The Rules and definitions.
    Scoring Rules.
    Target pdf download and printing instruction.
    Example bench/range picture and notes.
    Score board.
    My January Round 1 entry as an example.

This is designed to be a forum participation event for those that cannot compete an actual live competition for whatever circumstance, or just informal practise for those that do.
    Please try and compete in the spirit of the forum. Do your best, do not shoot multiple cards and enter your best. I want competitors to feel some nerves, elation or frustration!
    Lets see if our scores improve monthly with practise.

*Wives and kids of members included but to officially win a round/championship they must join AGF.

SCOREBOARD

JUNE 1.jpg

JUNE 2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  2. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

Please ask questions or make comments on the speculation thread >HERE< before 1st January!!

This thread is for entries only (to be submitted after January 1st) and discussion of those entries!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  3. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

Rules

This is to be a benchrest competition. The shooter will remain seated whilst the rifle remains rested on a solid platform. Using the standard downloadable targets, x25 targets are to be shot in one sitting at a range of 20M.*
    There will be two classes. Recoiless and recoiling.
    The competition will run for the period of January 2020 to December 2020 consisting of 12 rounds. 10 of which will be eligible for scoring.
    Entries are to be scored and posted in the relevant topic here to be verified.
    There will be a monthly round winner for each class and an end of rounds champion for each class.
    Prizes and participation stickers will be awarded at the end of the year rounds.

Definitions

The 'bench' is to consist of a stable shooting platform allowing the rifle to be safely rested and the shooter to sit at the bench.
    Existing range benches, shooting tables, garden tables, homemade platforms and Black & Decker Workmates etc would all qualify as long as they are stable and fit a rested gun.
    The shooter is to remain seated at the bench for the duration of 25 targets shot.

The 'rest' will consist of front and rear rests allowing the rifle to be supported without aid from the shooter. The front and rear rests must not be joined in any way and be independent of each other.
    Rests must not clamp the rifle in a way such that if the rifle is lifted it comes freely from it's rests.
    Front rests may incorporate elevation and windage adjustment.
    Bipods are allowed as long as they are fixed to the rifle and rest freely on the bench.
    Rear rests may be omitted during shooting if the competitor chooses so.
    During shooting the competitors trigger hand and shoulder should be in contact with the gun.

The 'recoiless' class will include all PCP, c02 AND recoiless springers.
    The recoiling class will include all springers and gasrams that do not have any recoil compensation such as sleds and GISS systems.
    For both classes the rifles will be air rifles complying with UK non FAC law and hence sub 12fpe.
    Any choice of optic or dioptre or open sight may be used.
    There will be no cap on optic magnification.
    Adjustment of scope during shooting is permitted.
    Calibres .177 .20 & .22 are all eligible.
    Competitors may enter either or both classes as they wish for each round.

The 'range' will be 20M from target to edge of bench.
    The muzzle of the rifle should overhang the bench edge but complete action remain rested on the bench.
    No consideration to scoring for indoors or outdoors will be taken into account. Scorecards may be annotated to location for interest.
    * If a competitor can not access a 20M range they may state their intent to shoot at their maximum range, eg 18M. Their entry will be eligible BUT in the event of a draw the official longer range will win.

The 'targets' will be a standard format printed expressly for this competition on x2 A4 cards. They are available for download below with instructions on how to print.
    The target cards will consist of x25 targets with sighter targets for zero confirmation/confidence etc.
    There will be no time limit once shooting commences but competitors are expected to complete in one sit. Any number of sighter shots may be used on the given sighters or separate target cards for reassurance of sights zero.
    Scoring will be carried out as per instruction diagram below. Flyers and cross shots are to be marked and scored as per instructions.
    The maximum score attainable is 250 / 25X. X's are to be used in the event of a numerical tie. a tie of X's results in a noted draw.
    Competitors are expected to carry out as much practise as they want but only one sitting per round is expected. This is to try and promote a realtime competition environment and place the shooter under competition stress rather than carry out repetitive sittings and enter their best card.
    In the spirit of AGF forum, honesty, integrity and sportsmanship are expected. Any improvement in competitors marksmanship should be applauded.

The competition will consist of 12 monthly rounds.
    A maximum of 10 rounds will be scored for aggregate total.
    Total perfect score would be 2500 points and 250 X's available.
    The 10 round scoreable of 12 available is to account for holiday, sickness and work.
    There will be a winner announced for both classes each round.
    After 12 rounds both class champions will be announced.
    If 10 rounds are shot then the further remaining 2 rounds will not be eligible for scoring.
    Choosing your best 10 of 12 will not be an option.
    Round entries should be scored and photographically posted below as per my example.
    Entries should be in by the 3rd of the consecutive month.
    Each target card should have information fields populated plus any extra info felt required.
    Scoring should be carried out and totalled.
    Pictures should be uploaded using the thread 'upload file' tool and be made 'full size'.
    Verification of scoring will be carried out from the posted pictures. Any pictures that are not clear or full size will not be valid.
    All target cards entered must be visible to all competitors. No entries allowed by private mail.
    Any score discretion can be raised by any other competitor and discussed.
    * Referees nominated in the event of score disputes:- @KeithJ

A table of competitors, class and round totals will be available and updated at completion of each round.
    Competitors do not have to register entry for competition prior to start. They only need to post their round targets and score for entry.
    I will keep a regular update.

At end of year completion, champions and runners up will be announced.
    Each class champion will receive a trophy (humble!) and sticker.
    2nd and 3rd places for each class will receive a sticker accordingly and tin of pellets of their choice.
    Participants of 6 or more rounds will receive a sticker.
    (Stickers to be designed and made in due course).

Please read and understand!

1st Place Prizes
    Made by @Phil S410F
    IMG_20200122_170318.jpg

Stickers (subject to change)
    AGF BR20 Logo.png

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    jesim1 and bucketboy like this.
  4. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

Scoring Rules.

'Best edge' rules apply.
    For instance, if you break the 9 ring then you score 9 not 8. The ring MUST be broken to apply.
    If you clip the bullseye then you score 10.
    To achieve a 10 X score the bullseye must be obliterated.
    Cross shots, EG you accidently shot target 4 instead of target 5 are to be ringed and annotated and give a score of 0.
    If a target has been shot twice, the lower score will be awarded. (Not a cross shot).
    At the end of 25 targets add up each card, remember a 10 X is 10 and count the X's. For example a numerical score of 236 and 4 X's = 236/4X.
    Put the total of each card in the score field and on card 1 put the total and ring it. (see my example target cards).

BR02.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    dancza likes this.
  5. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

Targets.

Please find below the target pdf to download.
    These targets are designed and tested to print at A4 ACTUAL SIZE within your printer options. There should be no clipping of margins and each target outer roundel should equate to 40mm.
    Card or cartridge paper is best to prevent the pellets tearing and provide a cleaner hole to score.

Attached Files:

dancza likes this.
  6. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

EXAMPLE BENCH & RANGE.

Here is a visual reference of a typical setup complying with the rules.

BRrange.jpg

dancza likes this.
  7. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

SCOREBOARD.

Round 7.

JUNE 1.jpg

JUNE 2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    KeithJ23 likes this.
  8. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

Wofty - Round 01 January Entry

01 Recoiless January.jpg

01 Recoiling January.jpg

My entries for recoiless and recoiling. 236/2X and 230/2X respectively.

Indoors at 25m
    Recoiless - wolverine R .177 JSB 8.44/4.52.
    Recoiling - HW97 .177 Daystate Sovereigns.

This was my first shoot after 2 months abroad at work. I was quite pleased but there is definitely room for improvement!
    I shot at Wiltshire Shooting Centre (Devizes) indoors range at 25m. (note there is no score leverage for this range. Feel free to shoot at 25 if you want to challenge yourself). I will shoot here and my garden when its warmer and dryer! My garden is 20M so between the two ranges indoors@25m and outdoors@20m it will be interesting to note any differences.

I used a Daystate wolverine R .177 with a Hawke Sidewinder ED 10-50x60 at 35 mag for recoiless. I've probably shot less than 200 rounds through this gun and not had a chance to complete pellet testing yet. Lets see how much I can improve!
    For recoiling I used my trusty HW97 in a custom laminate stock with a Hawke Sidewinder 6-24x56. I'd just fitted the scope and had to zero it for the comp. I actually enjoyed shooting this more than the pcp. It's my compo ambition to achieve a higher score with this than my pcp.

dancza and Jonnyovy like this.
  9. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

Entries accepted from the 1st January.

Good luck all!

Rat Man, KeithJ23 and BobenhamHotspur like this.
  10. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

I'll ask a kind mod to remove any comments here pre Jan 1st.

11. KeithJ23

KeithJ23 Posting Addict

20191230_163650.jpg 20191230_163555.jpg

AAS400 JSB Diablo 8.44gr. 24yds (ish!) In the garden, pretty still day. I'm pretty pleased with this.

241 from 250 with 5X

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  12. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

It's now 2020 (at least in the part of the world I'm working!)

BR20 is now open for round 1!

And remember to read the rules. 95% of your questions are already within the rules and definitions etc.

Happy 2020 and good luck all with your bench shooting.

13. richos36

richos36 Engaging Member

I wont be able to shoot mine till Saturday but I guess we have a whole month to submit a card

14. C220w205

C220w205 May Contain Nuts.

Only 20:31hrs here, Looking forward to Thursday range time, I'll have a stab at it then ;)

15. Keith Bucknall

Keith Bucknall Busy Member

Is it 20 or 25yrds

C220w205 likes this.
  16. C220w205

C220w205 May Contain Nuts.

20mts ;)

Keith Bucknall likes this.
  17. KeithJ23

KeithJ23 Posting Addict

Was I too premature or will mine count?

Not sure o could do that again! Lol

18. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

It's called B.R.2.0. Is that a clue?
    And you haven't read the rules have you?
    I'm going to stay chilled. New year and all that.
    BUT ANY QUESTIONS WHICH ARE CLEARLY IN THE RULES WILL BE IGNORED..............

jesim1 and C220w205 like this.
  19. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

See above........

But I'm sure as its just started there will be leeway for all sorts of issueso_O

C220w205 and KeithJ23 like this.
  20. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

You have opened Pandora's box Wofty!

Wofty likes this.