1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

advise befoe I buy

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics' started by buckgav, Jan 11, 2018.

1. buckgav

buckgav Well-Known Member

I found a deben nigh vision scope for sale (don't have a model) and wondered if anyone had used one and what they thought?

I know not having the model may make this awkward to answer. but after googling deben night vision and coming up short I'm hoping there aren't many models, and hoping the photo's may help in identifying the scope

thanks guys

View attachment 172964 View attachment 172965 View attachment 172966

2. Simonsays

Simonsays Donator

What is your intended use and How much is it? More than 100 quid or so and you could build a home brew that’s probably more performant for less. Loadsa how to stuff on here and on the web.
    For Air rifle ranges you can get ample performance for a fraction of the price of commercially available stuff.

My own home build I can easily pick out rabbits at 75m and beyond. The essence is a decent camera and it is worth investing more than half the monies on this. KPC700 from sure 24 around 65 quid. I’ve had good enough performance from cheap cameras but it’s a lottery. Even with the KPC you can build a full working system for under a ton.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. terry1001

terry1001 Donator

I'm not certain what this is. It looks as though it might be a night vision monocular fitted with 2 ir torches and an adjustable laser pointer rather than a sight which has some form of reticle. I would suggest you should find out more about this device because if it is what I think it's probably not really suitable for use with an air rifle as it would be quite old technology.

4. Readie

Readie Proud Member

I have a Yukon Gen one NV scope, I think they even still sell the model, about £500
    It is certainly newer than what you are showing
    Really Really not worth the money
    The new digital technology is far far better, much better clarity.

You don't say what they are asking but not worth a bean IMO

Terry, above, seems to be the guru here so go with what he suggests

5. buckgav

buckgav Well-Known Member

6. terry1001

terry1001 Donator

I've had another look at the ebay pictures which helped a bit. It does appear to be a Gen1 rifle sight, what I thought was a pair of ir torches seems to be battery holders. I don't think that you will find it suitable for use on an air rifle although it will probably work. It is old tech and is unlikely to offer performance close to your existing kit. For a dedicated sight the budget favourite at the moment is the Photon.

7. ukglyn

ukglyn Keyboard Hero

I am far from an expert, but, I agree with the others here, that would be very old technology & probably not be worth buying.