1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Advice on Daystate

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Barni, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Barni

Barni Donator

Hi all
    Hopefully looking at a daystate mk3 anything i should look out for ? think it has an electronic trigger. Not sure on the age. When did they start making them ?

Any thoughts

Cheers :)

2. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Several types of Mk3 - one had the key in the trigger guard screw place. Rather than the other which had a dedicated key slot of its own. I can't remember which way round they were though! Cheap rifles for what they are - beware cost of batteries and make sure the charger is with it and working.

3. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

And any service / problems will be expensive

4. Big Uli

Big Uli Donator

If you have a crombro take it
    Also download the user manual
    If the gun is low on power do the factory reset
    If that doesn't solve the problem it needs a service which is expensive
    A service will cost you a couple of hundred
    Check Daystate website for exact costs

5. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  6. Barni

Barni Donator

Thanks for the replies. Will take a look when I finish work

Cheers :)

7. Barni

Barni Donator

Crikey daystate want 200 notes for a service at least redbecks seems a fair price . Hmmm electronic triggers ..... they seem to be a bit of something else to go wrong ! Found out its an MK3 RT but no date of manufacture !

8. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Like this one i had. View attachment 104091

Take a look at this, all the models of the MK3, i have this on file in Adobe but don't know how to put it in this post so follow the pictures.
    View attachment 104092
    View attachment 104093
    View attachment 104094
    View attachment 104095
    View attachment 104096
    View attachment 104097

9. Barni

Barni Donator

Yes thanks Ken. I looked at your earlier link. Im thinking i will have to look at over the weekend unless its sold by then ! At least i will see where the safety is etc and key thing.

Cheers

10. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

if you want a daystate buy a regal light and highly accurate and no funny trigger

11. 18 Wheeler

18 Wheeler Busy Member

That looks familiar ;)

How did you get on? IMO they are fine rifles, particularly the later models, with some extremely accurate barrels. A bit weighty, but very capable.

12. Barni

Barni Donator

Unfortunately I didn't get time to look at it and I couldn't find out what year it was so
    I decided to leave it. Also saving a bit more for a couple of months will help :)

13. 18 Wheeler

18 Wheeler Busy Member

Sounds sensible, good luck with your search. :)

14. Silwer

Silwer Member

Is the Electronic trigger really a usual problem on the MK3?
    I have an mk4 and it just a microcontackt that clicks, i mean how many times do you click on the computers mouse?
    Seems illogical that this would be something to worry about.

When talking to other owners of the Electronic DS airguns they say that most often it is a mechanical problem or the usual a leak somwhere, they are quite complex built and semms to be i nightmare to service yourself with new orings.

Most that is complaining about "no electrictronics in my airgun" is not owners and a lot has not even tried one.

Not that i mean that it is better than a mechanical trigger or say a mechanical regulator(mk4) but really its not like if you open it you find anything more complicated than in a cheap calcylator, and it is even big parts on the card.

I guess the worst thing would be if the mk4s pressure measuring thing in the airtube fails, but a mk3 still has all rthat mechanical so.