1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Advice needed on a PCP Air rifle please!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by EGunner, Jul 3, 2012.

1. EGunner

EGunner Engaging Member

Hi there and thanks for looking

I am trying to find a relatively decent PCP Air rifle but struggling to at the moment, please give you suggestions that fit the below criteria, THANKS!

PCP Air Rifle .22
    < or = to 12 ft/lb
    Very quiet or can be silenced dramatically
    Preferably a large capacity of shots
    Multi-shot
    Has a soft/easy trigger (I have an SMK B2 and the trigger is a beast!)

And finally preferably somewhere in the region of £300 or below

Thanks for you time!!!

Cheers
    Elliot

2. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

Are you including charging equipment, silencer and scope in that budget as that would take most of the £300?

You are going to struggle a M/S with large capacity for that budget. A few months ago I picked up a S/S Ultra and dive bottle for about £300. That did not include a silencer or scope.

3. smallman28

smallman28 Banned

I would say the large shot capacity in £300 might be a bit difficult to acheive.
    If you want the maximum numbers of shots you need to consider going .22
    The BSA Ultra MUltishot would half meet you needs if you find one second hand but that would most likely not include anything else other than the gun itself and the shot count isn't brilliant out of the box.
    Maybe an older Air Arms S200 and fit the Rowan Engineering 10 shot conversion but the shot count on that isnt great either.

4. FX

FX Donator

agreed, a BSA Ultra is most likley the way forward, I got one for my son, they are great.
    Also there are a few for sale at the moment.........

5. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

What do you consider to be a large shot count?

What is it you are having to deal with?

When I saw your specs, the first thing to come to mind, was an early Rapid 7 in .22, then I saw your budget. I think you are looking more into the S16 or Falcon territory. £300 will buy you some of what you need, but not all of it. There is a reason why some rifles are cheaper than others....those that meet all your criteria are sought after, pushing the price up.

6. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello if you can find that we would all want one, but as leaky5 said charging equipment another £100 £150

7. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

i think your gonna struggle for£300 mate ...your gonna have to raise your budget or go for a cheaper type of rifle....just on the off chance you do find what your looking for and you find more than 1 let me know mate atb

8. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I too thought of a early mk1 Rapid but for £300 it aint going to happen. You need to raise your budget and also factor in a dive tank/pump, scope, mounts and pellets.

Another question is why do you need a large shot count? i have a HW100 custom carbine and get 96 shots and a tench Regged Ultra which gives 60 ish shots, i have never run out of air on a hunting trip and never will if fully charged before i go out

Have you got a big permission or a large rat shoot?

9. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello parden me to suggest but if you cant find something in your budget like you wish you could always go for a tuned QB 78 or 79 can get the 79 converted to HPA but is only single shot. i might be selling my S200 in a few months time.

10. EGunner

EGunner Engaging Member

@Leaky5 ... Just the gun mate

@Smallman28 ... .22 is what i'm after

@Accuspell ... Around the 90 shots figure capacity. Mostly pigeon, raven, rook (legal bird quarry), rats and odd rabbit really aswell as back garden plinking and taget with mates

@The robin ... The reason for the high shot count is to avoid charging equipment and not so regular trips to the gun shop for a refill

And thanks to everyone for the mega fast replies!!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  11. smallman28

smallman28 Banned

Sounds like a second hand S400 if you can find one.
    Not quite there in terms of number of shots still but close,can be made multi shot with the Rowan kit.

12. gasman

gasman Ex-Head of sales smartfit uk, IQ -8

i think your be better off with a springer tbh,i'd say a hw95 with a nice scope,i think your be for ever charging your gun up as most of the above have low shot counts,and for that type of money you an't getting any better then has been said above.
    hatsan at44-10 maybe? or hw95k (in .177 ):rolleyes:

13. EGunner

EGunner Engaging Member

I have a springer however I find the recoil is just not adequate for shooting quarry as it can decrease accuracy, whereas a PCP has zero recoil. Also it must be multi shot, by that i mean just a quick cock of the bolt and you can shoot again, not pull the bolt out turn the loader and bolt back in again...

14. mmamonster

mmamonster Big Poster

I have a logun s16, SCOPE, BIPOD, IN .22.
    see my profile. 350 quid

15. gasman

pcp arn't totally recoil free :confused:,like i said,most of the guns in that class ie multi shot and high shot counts etc are more then £300,good luck in your hunt

16. Kai87

Kai87 Donator

They're you go lol that pretty much sorts out everything your after

17. gasman

he doesn't want a black one :eek::rolleyes:

18. EGunner

EGunner Engaging Member

Haha cheers gasman, just my humor :p however, I must say I do like the wood finnishes :p and from what ive seen of PCP's being held up and fired, the thing barely moves... need to try some out me thinks

I like the Air Arms you have there mmamonster and the logun is certainly an option, would like a few options though, cheers.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  19. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Egunner, get thyself down to Whaplode Drove, go to Partridges, walk in and say "I would like an AT44 in .22", you will walk out with a walnut stocked 10 shot PCP, supplied with 2 magazines for less than £300, ok the scope, gun bag, silencer and pellets, but it would get you the gun, brand new, nice light easy 2 stage trigger, anti double load, about 60 shots a fill, great guns!

20. o050cal0o

o050cal0o Busy Member

If you can deal without it being multishot you could pick a stealth up for that money and that has a massive shot count or if you muct have a multi shot you might be able to pick up a BSA S10 cutting it close but you might get lucky. or you could just save a bit extra and go for a Air Ranger/Airwolf or BSA R10 and trust me it will be worth it.