1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice ... again .

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Alex.B, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

What would you do ?

Do I go on holiday or pick up our new rescue dog a week earlier ?????

We have a few days booked in Windermere but We are not sure we will will enjoy it as the day we get back we pick Troy up ...Its gonna be like a waiting game while we are away ,just waiting to come back home and get him .

I know we will lose the cost of the holiday but we will save the fuel and the spending money and the dog gets out of jail a week early ...... What to do ?????? Come on guys HELP !!!!!!!!!

Alex

2. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

Oh , If it helps the break is 250 quid which we will lose ..

3. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Forget the holiday we went to Windermere Censored weather, very expensive ok for retired people won't be going again. Yes some good sights to be seen but you will soon bore of that.

4. neiled

neiled Donator

Take the holiday....... the dog won't know or mind another week's wait (I'm not an dog or animal lover at all).

5. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

Hmmm ok, keep them coming guys

6. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

7. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

*** he said,...troy wont know the difference, and he,s been well looked after so far ant he ?

8. neiled

neiled Donator

You did ask!

9. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

the *** said ,..."***"

10. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

what !!!

11. Sir Oscar

Sir Oscar Donator

Can't you get the dog and take it on holiday? If not. Go on holiday get blind drunk, fall in the lake and hire a speed boat. Not necessarily in that order. The dog will never know and neither will you if you drink enough.
    Hope this helps. :)

12. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

I know a week wont make much difference to him but it's us .

Scaro , I like you and you know us to well :D well apart from the boat bit , I get sea sick !

13. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

Oh , the chalet booked is a non dog one as we did'nt have a dog then

14. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

I'm probably the biggest dog lover ever, but I'd say take the holiday mate, you may be glad you took it when you get back as the dogs settling in, our rescue dog was a tad nervous to begin with, she'd had 5 homes at 6 months old and was dumped miles in the middle of no where, so when we got her she was a bit of hard work, but that settled down and now I wouldn't change a thing about her. But a breakaway would be good and make you look forward to picking her/him up even more!

15. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

hmnn... This face keeps looking at me , and Troy coming home frees up a kennel for another dog to be saved .
    View attachment 98315

16. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

I'll go with Neiled - but I'm not a monster and like dogs :D

James

17. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't get a dog, you can go away when ever you like, without trying to find a dog minder, or pet friendly digs, I like dogs, but they do tie you down to a certain extent. Atb, Bob. PS, I would not throw £250 away, the dog will wait, just enjoy the break.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  18. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

Well we've made up our minds ....... the dog comes home tomorrow . We went today to take him for a walk and he's been there long enough , his reaction when he saw us sealed it . We walked for an hour then took him back to the kennel and he didn't want to go in , even the girls that work there said it was unlike him ? I know its a waste of money , but when you add up what we have saved in fuel and spending money its not all bad :)

Anyone for a free hol , lol

19. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Put the holiday in the Sales Section!

20. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

It's not a waste of money mate, you did what you felt was right, and very soon you'll have your new best friend home with ya! Excited for you!

and what he said ^^^