1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

abit about fac airrifles

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jay, Aug 28, 2006.

1. jay

jay Member

hi just wanted to no if anyone could tell me how to go about getting the ticket for the fac. as ive got lots of land to shoot over and just wanted to no what do you think is the best air rifle to have at fac power. and i would like a true left hand one if i could. thanks

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

3. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

ok, just some bits that i remeber....

you need a safe gun cabinet installed in your home

you need to applay for the FAC

A firearms officer will come around to inspect your cabinet and have a chat with you

Thats about it really... oh yeah... the boring but... you have to wait from anywhere from 3weeks-6months to get your FAC....:(

4. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

I don't kow about (aboot) over there, but here you just ick one up the the local gunshop or or cherrybarn (cop station) and you get it a month later in the mail. Thing is, before you can applyfor one, you need to pass CFSC and/or CRFSC, and it takes a few months to get that done.Then again, why do you need a FAC for an air rifle? I only need one to get the AW.50, .338 Lupua Timberwolf, and the Model 700 types, as well as the pistols.

5. jay

jay Member

hi wingman.my dads sister lives in canada ive been there its a really nice place. next time i go im going to go shooting there as they have got a load of guns 303 rifle, 308 and a 22 cant wait as the law is tuff here to get guns. where do you live in canada mate wish i was from there .

6. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

Hey Jay, I'm in the world's flattest place, the prairie province of Saskatchewan. (And I thought the UK had the weirdest region names) Anyway, the laws are crap here too, but we just got them tuned down wee bit more. Grait, ain't it? :p Anyway, you haven't lived until you've used a .338-.44-.50 calibres. It's a lot of fun here, and the weather's pretty good too.

We only live in igloos in the winter time, as they melt every summer so we use teepees. If you believe this joke, you should get you head examined :D

But seriously, the temperature ranges from -55 C in the winter to about +45 C in the summer. Nice place.

Where does your family in Canada live?

7. jay

jay Member

to austin

my family live in toronto well about 40 mins out side there in a place called bradford. but my cousin's husband's family live in a place called barry and he rents a place in the woods by there. so he can go shooting im going to go next time i love it there