1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

AA S400 air resovior?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Chael, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

Is there a way you can get a bigger tank for the S400? I am currently getting about 35 shots per fill at 35fpe but I wanted to see If I could get at least 50 or 60.

Help would be greatly apprecciated.

2. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Now, you know what i'm going to say, don't you? ;)

They're cheap enough to buy second hand these days, much shorter than your 400E and Uncle Sam can make them sing at 40ft/lbs and still give you the 60 shots you want with a 19" barrel, bucketloads more if you're only after 35ft/lbs. ;)

You know it makes sense :p :D

3. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

Since I like single shot, I am thinking of buying an MFR. How much power and How many shots can you get out of that one, Sam

4. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Forget the MFR mate, they are definitely the rapids poor relation when it comes to FAC. The regs can be problematic and they do limit FAC performance, fastflows are a pain in the ass to get right on these guns as the bottles are self sealing (no O-ring on the neck). With the 16" barrel, you're looking 40 shots @ 30ft/lbs tops (fastflowed)...

You're stuck with the small 280cc bottle because of the stock design, and if you fit a longer barrel in the search for more efficiency, you also end up having to extend the shroud, as well as adding an additional silencer as the backward venting tube is useless at high power. the gun becomes a long unweildly thing and totally ruins the balance of them.

Gitcha self a cheap second hand Mk1, or Mk2 if your budget will stretch and use the single shot tray in either of those.

Much better performers. :)

5. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

How does the single shot tray attach on the rapids?

6. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

How does the single shot tray attach on the rapids?

7. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Heard you the first time, mate. :D :D

The single shot tray just slides into the breech in place of the magazine, they will fit all Rapids; Mk1, Elan, Mk2, MFR & S-Type. :)

8. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

okay thanks Sam. Mk2 is going on the ticket now, Hopefully it wont take to long :)