1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

aa diablo field

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by 00kev, Jan 19, 2014.

1. 00kev

00kev Engaging Member

anyone had any problems with damage on the skirts of these pellets? i used to use them when i had a .22 before and stopped because of the quality was shocking. i have just changed from my .177 r10 to .22 hw100 and it came with a new tin so i thought i would try opened the tin and i could have chucked nearly a 3rd of them because all the skirts were bent iv tried to show a few of them. ms3 072.jpg

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I use JSB and they're the exact same as AA fields,never had any damaged pellets and shot 1000's

3. 00kev

00kev Engaging Member

they came with the gun because the bloke i brought it off said they were the best pellets for it but how can the pellets be this bad still when its been 4 years since i brought a tin or have i just been unlucky both times lol

4. 00kev

00kev Engaging Member

yeh i only used to use jsb in my .177 and they never had any probems think i will get a tin of jsbs to try

5. Count Jedi

Count Jedi Donator

I have started to use JSB's (rather than AA's) thinking of buying some more JSB and the cheapest I have found for 10 tins is here http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Air_Pellets.html

Thought I would share, of course if anyone knows if they can be brought cheaper then please pass the info on

6. Macdoog

Macdoog Posting Addict

JSBs for me now as well. Its surprising how easily damaged they are. I received a damaged tin through the post and altho there was only a small dent on the tin about 2/3s were damaged. Looking at JSBs, they are well made, clean and no swarf in the tins. The heavies are also better for long range sniping!

7. timmytree

timmytree Pro Poster

I've seen quite a few people moan about damaged AA Fields but never experienced it myself, over 90,000 pellets in less than 4 years and never chucked them away. Because they've got soft skirts they reform when they get a blast of air up the back passage.
    If you get a bad tin then take them back to the dealer and get them replaced, or phone Air Arms and get a freebie!

Of course, having read a thread about couriers recently that may explain the damage, I buy mine from an RFD who gives me a price per sleeve to match anything on the internet.

8. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

I did a bulk buy of 20 tins last year and have had very few damaged ones. However after reading an article in one of the magazines about using damaged pellets, I did a test at 23 yds( my garden length) where I shot a 5 shot group into a thin walled cardboard box filled wth an old bed sheet. They shot a tight cloverleaf group and also on retrieval I found that the skirts had indeed blown back out on firing to almost perfect.
    Regards Stu.

9. David M

David M Donator

That's what I have found too. I usually reform any misshapen skirts onto the domed head of another before I use it, but during zero checks or practice, reformed or perfect pellets seem to shoot with the same accuracy to me. I certainly wouldn't throw misshapen thin skirted pellets out.

10. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

And They charge a small fortune for them!!!!!! £9 a tin up here!!!!!!

11. metalman

metalman Big Poster

A lot depends on where you get the pellets from. I wait till i have the "preferred" pellet, then bulk buy, well a min of 10 tins at a time. I have seen far too many damaged skirts in singly bought tins. I use BAR and Intershoot, and don't seem to get much of a problem. Both deliveries come well packaged

12. jjones

jjones Well-Known Member

had a tin of jsb exacts like that, second tin i tried from a different shop was fine though.

13. Speed

Speed Busy Member

i had a few tins of damaged AA's i assume a bad batch went out

14. 00kev

00kev Engaging Member

yeh it was just strange the last time i brought a tin 4 years ago it was the same i did get them from RFD aswell but the bloke i brought the gun off had bulk brought them aswell he got 10 tins but i dont know where from. i might give them another chance and order some from uttings or ramsbottom or somewhere to try

15. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

With damaged pellets just push the head of one into the damaged skirt of another,

fixed:)

16. jambo1984

jambo1984 Engaging Member

yep i brought a tin and there where a fair few damaged skirts mine are .22

17. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

i paid 13 quid a tin in .22 and found most had damaged skirts, but had hunters and are perfect.

goin to try jsbs now then, cheers chaps

18. pava

pava Engaging Member

I have purchased 2 tins of AA Diabolo Fields recently (within the last 8 weeks) and found that approximately 20-30 pellets per tin had damaged skirts. 1 tin was purchased from local RFD the other off the internet. I didn't notice any difference with accuracy when I deliberately loaded 5 pellets with damaged skirts alongside 5 'perfect' pellets into my rifle. However, I have discovered that whilst my rifle was extremely accurate with the AA's, it was better with JSB's. So for me it's JSB all the way from now on in.

I ordered 2 tins of JSB Exacts from http://www.intershoot.co.uk/ last week after trying a tin. They were delivered extremely well packed and upon opening were in perfect condition, just as the tin from the RFD had been. I compared the JSB pellets with the AA pellets, considering JSB make both brands, the JSB branded pellets were cleaner, much cleaner. Once I have tested to confirm which JSB pellet size my rifle prefers, 4.51, 4.52 or 4.53, will become the rifles staple diet.

19. Quentyn

Quentyn Engaging Member

my suspicion is that these have been stored in the tin and rattled about

AA pellets are Very soft, never ever store them in the tin and rattle them about as they will end up like this

20. 00kev

00kev Engaging Member

It was a brand new tin I opened it and took these out!