1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

A1 asked me to post this for him!!!! bye bye A1

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by clabby, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clabby

clabby Banned

Just so you know this is made by A1 not by whoever posted this

Dear members of Airgun forum.

This is a simple letter explaining why I shall not be returning after my ban.

The forum is a nice place to chat, don’t get me wrong but I have only just realised that the place is absolutely crap.
    The advice is not all that good and not many people have a clue what they are talking about and I am sire on some accounts I have been guilty of that.
    We also get claims of 100yds shots and 2 rabbits shot with 1 pellet.
    These claims are both irresponsible and are a load of crap.
    There is a rule of not shooting at obscured targets and a rabbit in front of another count!

Andy admin has made just one good choice out of his team of mods and that is Buzz.
    At times buzz is a bit of a boring old sod (no offence) but he is the only person that has keeped the forum under control.
    Without him, no post would be relevant and things would get out of hand.
    Buzz has deleted some of my posts and has disagreed with others however he was right to do so. And for that I respect him.
    He is the foundation of the forum and is the only mod capable of doing the job properly.

I’d like to go on about advise now.
    many have said “BSA regulators are crap” well if they were that bad no one would buy them!
    i'm sure that not many of you actually know what a BSA PCP actually is!
    also no matter what the person wants if they ask for advice on a gun everyone posts “you need an AA S410 in .177” regardless of his post content.
    It’s a good gun but not necessarily the answer to all posts.

There are some great people on it and enjoy chatting to them however may not actually know anything.
    Some people I have loved talking too are Clabby, coggy, and Steve 410 also buzz for his advice but he’s not all that much fun i’m afraid.
    They offer good advice and are great to just talk too.
    I also liked moo very much and was great in the gen chit chat however knows nothing about shooting, which is fine but my point is not many people on the forum know much as they are there to learn but all they get is bad advice or a review from some where else like air gunner!!!

This ban is all to do with Andy getting revenge from me calling him old as a joke.
    In the chat box he and jamjon were joking however it was about shooting at me.

The plan was to lure me to the border with a tin of .22 pellets then take pot shots.
    A joke yes but what if an anti was viewing?

Earlier I had a bollocking for letting my pellets leave their boundary LEGALLY and I was told antis could make that sound bad.

If that is the case it won’t take much for them to make shooting at a person joke sound very serious!

Jamjon and Andy hawk were out of order, a joke is fine but you don’t joke about stuff like that on an airgun forum!

Andy admin made a bad choice on Andy hawk as he has abused his power of banning.
    No untrue statement was made by me of a moderator.
    This is the reason I am banned.
    At no point have I made an untrue statement.
    View the archives and you will see jammy and Andy planning to bait me to the border.
    As a joke yes but that could be twisted to sound very bad!

The forum is not a very good place to learn as all the information is based on getting the S410 and air gunner reviews, random reviews or just making up a load of crap.

You also have rockabilly that just makes posts on fishing and on dead singers just to keep his thread starters name top of the list.

Some of you are alright and know your stuff. Others that are new or are learning don’t listen to some of the stuff you hear; those that don’t have experience of the post in question leave it alone.

If anyone wants me contact clabby or cog, they have my MSN.

Thank you those that have made the forum enjoyable and to Andy admin for making a nice spot for chit chat.

I also like to thank Andy admin for letting me know just how crap some people can be.

Good bye and much love
    A1gunner.

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Wow it's like A1 has aged ten years looking at this and reading his normal post's. ;)

3. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

Did you want to ban him though and how much of his statement is true ?

4. Andy

5. clabby

clabby Banned

it was andyhawk A1 had been winding him up for ages and he warned A1 many a time

6. Andy

It's not really a ban though, like other forums that delete accounts, more like he was given a 7 day suspension with full pay. :D

7. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

Sorry for implying you banned him :eek:

He's obviously p****d off and it will be a duller place without him irrespective of him winding others up.
    Maybe he'l come back but I doubt it, his intentions seem serious. Sad that things end up like this when of all people on here I respect a1's advice and knowledge as unbiased towards any manufacturers products. He knows his onions and for a young man his knowledge of air gunning is amazing. I will miss him and I don't care who knows it.

8. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

a1 missed the part where he was being a hypocrite he was attempting to wind me and andy up as usual only the tables were turned on him and he didn't like it when he was being joked about and yes myself andy and clabby did make a joke the joke was in regards to my fac being upgraded to an open ticket for pest control and whether a1 could be regarded as a pest. a1 then proceded to tell us how wrong it was to make a joke like that about another human being yet when we pointed out some of the threads where he has joked about killing chavs he suddenly became very defensive and the more he tried to defend himself the more he dug himslef deeper into a hole. and when we thought it was all resolved and everyone was over it and being friends again he decided to post a video that was a complete slap in the face to both myself and andy to the point that we both had to log off to calm down. personally after the way a1 behaved last night i won't be sad to see him go i've defended him in the past but he's pushed too far this time

9. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

I haven't been around much lately to much pain as I'm sure you'll understand jj, to much til you puke type you know what I mean. Sad to see people fall out at anytime and I don't want to get involved in defending or having a go at anybody cos I weren't here last night.

10. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

I understand andy there are no sides to take things got out of hand but a1 had ben warned and he ignored the warnings

11. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I think I need to congratulate A1 on stringing 773 words together and only making one spelling mistake and even that one is one many make. "Keeped" instead of "kept". He must be the fastest Welshman in history for learning English overnight. I've thought for a long time now that he has been "playing" the fool and have commented about to other moderators on several occasions, I think this letter just proves my point. It didn't come from the "village idiot" A1 we've all come to know and love to hate, a Marmite sort of person, it came from a much more mature and learned A1 that, for what ever reason has been lurking behind the foolish facade of the A1 we know.
    Good Luck with what ever you decide to do A1.

12. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

I for one hope A1 decides to come back on. I will miss him a lot and his chatter. He has always been very friendly to me. I hope he realises that a 7 day ban isn't much and get over it quickly and come back on, we are all friends here I hope.

13. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

its up to a1 what ever he decides to do(whoever he is)
    as for me posting about music and fishing , this is done on the general section of the forum, as i find that most people that are into shooting also
    like fishing, as far as being top of the posting list personally i could not care less about my post count.

14. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

That's fair comment jj, it's just a shame when people have to rub eachother up the wrong way m8, I'm no angel by any means but I do try not to offend anyone and that's how it should be as far as I'm concerned.
    Maybe others are to easily offended and take it to heart and then react the wrong way. It's a shame he's quit if he really has as he has much to offer and maybe much to learn about relationships be they forum based or real life ones'. I'll miss his input and randomness but we all move on sometime and maybe this is his time to move on to somewhere else.
    Let's leave it there and if he does decide to return he'll be gladly welcomed back by me and I hope many others.

15. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

Me and a1 sorted our differences and i asked him to stay but his mind is made up a1 won't come back maybe he'll come back as mat

16. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I was talking to him about this yesturday, seems his mind is made up ... I don't like to say this but I agree with some of what he's saying.

I doubt he'll be back unless he re-invents himself under a new name :confused:

Buzz, as for spelling mistakes, who cares? This is a forum not a dictionary, it'd be boring if everyone was formal all the time.

17. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I mentioned spelling to emphasise the difference between what we now know as A1 and "Matthew". As it happens I think spelling does matter, especially in someone so young, but that wasn't the point I was making and never have.
    BTW..was the underlining really necessary, or are you just filling the gap left by A1 ??

18. Andy

If he really could not spell then thats fair enough, but he proved he can spell so to me he has been taking the p**s out of this forum and it's members.
    I have spent a lot of time editing the spellings in a1's posts just so others could understand them, but it seems he must have been making the mistakes on purpose if he really wrote the message in this thread.

:shrug:

19. Buzz

Buzz Banned

That's my feeling exactly Andy and if you remember I did say to you a long time ago that I thought this might be the case.

20. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I have his MSN and he seems like a decent person :up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.