1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

A Very Sweaty Evening Spent In Hospital!

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by MrOvershoot, Jul 25, 2019.

1. MrOvershoot

MrOvershoot Now just slightly tired

Not me but sadly my wife, this afternoons call by the carers while I was at work saw her very unresponsive struggling to breathe & a rattly chest :(
    Its Pneumonia again I'm afraid as she's had a few bouts of it from aspirating food/liquid 4 hours on oxygen & a nebuliser and her stats are still really low so she's in there for a while I guess?
    Thankfully the ward she ended up on in the end has air-con as otherwise it would be a nightmare for her.
    I have to also say my utter admiration goes out to the staff who were all so caring and coping under immense pressure. While we were in A&E triage one male nurse was punched in the face & a female nurse was punched in the chest by patients!!
    I didn't see the male nurse getting hit but he attended my wife later like nothing had happened despite the slightly fat lip and trace of blood around his nose, sadly I guess its an all to common occurrence these days :(
    I am proud to say I did intervene along with another person to restrain the scumbag who hit the female nurse until security and 2 policemen arrived in pretty quick time.
    I'm not usually an aggressive person as at 6'3" and 19 stone as I have to be careful not to crush people but this really got my adrenalin pumping, the bloke who helped me was also slightly shocked at how he just saw red, we got chatting after the police led the scrote away and it turns out he used to be a scaffolder (never pick a fight with a scaffolder as they are as strong as an ox)
    Anyway just about calmed down now so need a shower as I'm proper minging with sweat.

Tomorrow is another day!

rellum, Dr B, ped and 15 others like this.
  2. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin BEAST OF BODMIN

Sending best wishes to your wife buddy

I have first hand of pneumonia
    Not nice at all

3. MrOvershoot

Thankfully I've not first hand experience of pneumonia other than my wife's but we both know what looking after someone with advanced MS is like :(

Lev Levvin likes this.
  4. Denzle

Denzle Donator

Sad news on the wife, hope she makes a quick and full recovery. Good on you for sorting that little t**t out, unfortunately this behaviour is a sign of the times and is now commonplace. All the best wishes to you both.
    Denz

5. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Love and best wishes to your wife mate

6. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Wishing your lady a speedy recovery and good on ya for stepping in. :up:

7. DRAGONBAIT666

DRAGONBAIT666 Posting Addict

Hope she make a quick and full recovery.
    Also well done you for standing up for others. Inspiration to us all

8. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Hi Nigel so sorry to hear the news about your wife. I hope she gets over it soon. Stay strong Nigel.

9. KeithJ23

KeithJ23 Posting Addict

Hope she improves soon. I have knackered lungs from an embolism and suffered last night with the humidity, so I have a very small understanding of how hard she must have found it.

Well done for helping out the staff at the hospital too!

10. PaulBB

PaulBB Busy Member

Best wishes to your wife Hope she feels better soon!! :thumb:

You are a gentlemen!! Nice work stepping up!

Scumbags should always be ‘advised’ against loutish behaviour and dealt with accordingly.

11. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Very Active

An eventful day Nigel.

Wishing your missus a speedy recovery mate.

Gary

12. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Life in the slow lane

Best whishes and i hope your wife recovers quickly...just dont understand the mentality of people/patients who are aggressive/violent towards hospital staff...FFS its not an easy profession and takes a special kind of person to care for others especially on the wages they get.

13. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin BEAST OF BODMIN

My heart goes out to you both

It’s a horrible condition

Respect to you :up:

14. Mike.lewis

Mike.lewis Donator

MrOvershoot and Lev Levvin like this.
  15. Sky

Sky Top Poster

I'm really sorry to hear that Nigel - hopefully, she'll be out in no time.

Good on you both for dealing with the scum. I hope he gets prison time and drops the soap.

All the best to you both.

TheNewbieShooter likes this.
  16. Mortimer

Mortimer Big Poster

Sorry to hear your wife is in hospital and I hope she's better soon.
    I can't blame you for your violent urges. In such trying circumstances it was a natural reaction. To hell with the a-hole who did it, not worth the worry when your wife is ill.
    Best wishes to you both.

17. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Firearm Enthusiast & FX Wildcat owner.

Sleaford, Lincolnshire and Wales sometimes.
    Hope all is OK and goes OK Nige. Good on yer for what you did. I can't imagine how hard it is for you at the moment though.

You have my thoughts.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  18. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Best wishes to your wife and i hope she makes a full a speedy recovery. As for the scrote(s) that assault hospital staff there's need excuse for it. They should be prosecuted and/or slung back out on the street and not be treated themselves, i don't care what happens to them,if their problem worsens, tough! that's all i can say about them,or am i being a little harsh.

19. MrOvershoot

Thanks chaps, she had a good night and has taken some food onboard, they have said she might be able to go home today!
    This has happened before though and within 24 hours she's back in hospital as in the mornings she is quite sparky so showing a massive improvement from the night before?
    I have had a call from the hospital security to thank me for helping out last night :) I said "don't thank me, just make sure the 2 staff members are looked after"
    He couldn't tell me what action would be taken against the scrotes but their cards are marked and if they book in again security are alerted and would be present :up:

20. happydude

happydude Engaging Member

Hope things are ok with your wife now.
    Well done for stepping in my Daughter is a Doctor and this happens far too frequently.
    Best wishes Nigel.

MrOvershoot and Lev Levvin like this.