1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

A Right Little Mix

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by jcf1966, Nov 23, 2019.

1. jcf1966

jcf1966 Active Member

Here is my collection.
    The PCPs and the HW44 are used for hunting
    The HW97 is just for fun but I must get it tuned and am no were near good enough to fire at life pray
    The co2 pistols are just for fun
    The HK45 blowback is an airsoft pistol so a bit of hide and seek.
    Some of my rifles I have personalizes and why not.
    I hope every one is well

James

76EDD6AB-3254-40DA-A1D8-04F2FB97AAAE.jpeg 43E2E48E-FAB9-48BF-BDB3-A65DB7BF7DE2.jpeg 6D4A08DA-8413-44DF-A03D-C825ADA2B26C.jpeg 6A2774D1-6265-443A-A8FE-90BB467241E7.jpeg F6DE6EB0-AD7D-4799-8480-4E4E6E205581.jpeg 2F3464B1-292D-4CAC-A2B8-38ECD95E5EB4.jpeg 8EF2F218-792D-45BC-8EE6-87358592B827.jpeg EB657ACB-3CA5-4BD2-9939-FD186699A0E5.jpeg 0B5F94A3-B84E-478F-87B9-7E8E0A435738.jpeg 2FAC7A24-4A73-4C7C-BCEF-7CEED6DBA0A7.jpeg 75493FBB-EA08-4F2E-8B1D-4EEECD6B5E97.jpeg 5810ECA8-392B-4DDB-A473-FA1D5743BC7E.jpeg 1BC4E1EA-B89E-4369-B28F-61EF3B647A70.jpeg 91E19D29-F1BA-4193-9BBD-7C59B74F542C.jpeg 93711D6A-1C16-4EC8-BB55-533706D045AD.jpeg 9911688D-1B79-469E-9BDD-6071441404E7.jpeg

scoie, The Robin, Wild Bill and 9 others like this.
  2. Jagdwaffen

Jagdwaffen Suns up guns up

Nice matey....pray tell me what you shoot quarry wise....:D

3. jcf1966

jcf1966 Active Member

Rats and rabbits are our main kills but birds too if they cause a problem to feed
    Always keeping an eye on the license situation
    I was called to a goose problem once and was so happy they flew away so was the angling club the mess they made was unbelievable
    I understand they are not good to eat
    Not had that many squirrels to be honest flat fields or buildings
    We have 8 permissions from stable, farms and our latest is a large part of an industrial estate full of rats.
    I went though the cormorant forms just in case and what a joke we got so close and then stop. I am a serving councillor and informed the nice lady I will not shot a cormorant (almost impossible with an air rifle anyway) but I understand why people do. We do every thing to keep ourself on the right side of the law. Very frustrating.

James

rabbitwrecker and Redcap 114 like this.
  4. genesis

genesis Engaging Member

Nice rigs there

jcf1966 likes this.
  5. Sandy man 1963

Sandy man 1963 Busy Member

Very nice collection

6. dave 2 stroke

dave 2 stroke Busy Member

my misses would leave me lol

7. Redcap 114

Redcap 114 Donator (Les)

From Hartlepool, now in, Leigh-on-Sea Essex
    A superb collection jcf,

Thanks for sharing with us buddy.

Regards.
    Les.

8. jcf1966

jcf1966 Active Member

Thanks every one I am a very lucky lad

James

9. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The One + 1

Welcome buddy you have some nice toys not sure you can say you hunt with a 44 I got shot down when I mentioned that before

Gary Jones likes this.
  10. JoeHeugh

JoeHeugh Beware the Springer

I don't think he's suggesting hunting with a pistol, it's got a stock so I'm assuming it's being used as a carbine for a bit of in your face ratting. The HW97 makes a fine hunting rifle with a bit of practice although they are heavy to lug around, mine has never let me down so I'll put up with the weight for as long as I can...

11. jcf1966

jcf1966 Active Member

Well I would disagree with them. We shoot 10 to 13 yards max with the shoulder stock it makes the gun very steady and the red dot makes placement very easy. We practice with throwing a target on the floor find and shoot.
    Like so many thing people have an opinion if it works for you and you can kill your quarry with the first shot you don’t exceed your ability then who are they to say what you can and can not do. The law is the only think that can tell you not to do it.
    Have I missed a rat with my rifle yes I have but not with the hw44

James

Marky-Boy likes this.
  12. jcf1966

jcf1966 Active Member

That is what I am saying thank you
    James

13. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The One + 1

Thanks for explaining

14. jcf1966

jcf1966 Active Member

Hunting with a pistol

This is about ability I could not use the HW44 on a bipod with a scope for vermin its not me I also could not use my HW97 I am just not good enough with that weapon but some on here are
    I found using the red dot made this so much better but I know I needed a stock so just over a year ago i looked for one chatted to David about it was going to place my order but then
    i developed SEPSIS from my colitis and my wife was told I would be dead within the hour if the antibiotics did not work. no one asked "well did it work!"
    12 months of being house bound and hospitals and doctors I have now come back to my sport. Luckily my shooting parter could look ofter our permissions
    The new stock has arrived and wow anyone thinking of this just buy it it changes the HW44. My distance is 10 to 13 yards inside a barn and an industrial unit
    I have not shot a rat with it yet because i am still practising but i am shaw the gun is better than I am.

It is not about telling some one they can not do this or that it is about people understanding there limitations
    my longest shot on a rabbit was 67 yards then a 64 yards 2 mins later using my FX impact and nite site, I was very confident these rabbits would be killed with a head shot
    now being fair the conditions, stance, wind, light etc was perfect and may never happen against in my shooting career but some would say "50 yards max" but i would disagree in that moment in time.

Understand your limitations Know that when you pull that trigger the animal will be killed as humanly as possible, no matter what you use, then you can not go far wrong.
    We have all missed or worst and when that happens you must have a follow up plan in place. We know this is a things of nightmares.
    I am lucky enough to have 8 permissions and shot a lot of vermin and can only remember two shot i wish i could take back but i can tell you every detail about them because they haunt me, and so they should.

James

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Rattymcrattyface and Marky-Boy like this.
  15. SteveO

SteveO Squinty

Welcome James!

If you are planning to hunt / pest control with a pistol it's advisable to keep it to yourself, we had a very accomplished 'hunter' member who was posting that he was hunting with a 6fpe pistol and it earned him a permanent ban. Anything other than point blank despatch with a pistol isn't taken well by this community.

'Ban Reason: Repeated posting & endorsement of inhumane and irresponsible hunting practices'

Nice rigs, hope you enjoy your stay here! :up:

Wild Bill and Marky-Boy like this.
  16. jcf1966

jcf1966 Active Member

Thank you for the advice Steve
    I will say no more on the subject of HW44 to be honest it was a passing statement anyway.

James

Marky-Boy and SteveO like this.
  17. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface Hell ain't a bad place to be

Nice gear. That 44 is great:thumb::D

Marky-Boy likes this.
  18. jcf1966

jcf1966 Active Member

It is a stunning gun if not a trouble maker
    The stock has really added something to it

I really recommend both

James

Marky-Boy and Rattymcrattyface like this.
  19. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

At least you have one springer, James... :thumb:

20. jcf1966

jcf1966 Active Member

It is fun so much fun and boy do you feel it after an hours plinking.

rabbitwrecker likes this.