1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

A Nice Day For Some Plinking

Discussion in 'Target Shooting' started by hughlle, Mar 13, 2018.

1. hughlle

hughlle Keyboard Hero

Well the weather has finally perked up a bit, and the wind has just about died down, so with a new job starting tomorrow, I thought I'd get outside and enjoy the freedom while it lasts. First time I've been outside with the S510 US in over a year (most I've done in that period is 6-7 yards indoors..) and first time using the viper connect. Having a little trouble with eye relief, but fortunately I have an adjustable stock, so that can easily be rectified :cool: The only other issue encountered is that at 45 yards, it was damn hard to spot the small + I normally use, so got a ruler and pen and made things a bit easier for myself. At that range, even at 12x it was difficult to spot the impact when zeroing, so I got it close enough and then just let it be. Would probably been a tad easier if I hadn't set the backstop up in the shade..

[​IMG]

5-shot groups with JSB Exact 4.52 at 45 yards. Coin on thumb is just to add a point of reference and prove I don't have monster thumbs :p Probably easier to just keep a coin in my pocket next time :facepalm: Little bit gusty, but I just about managed to get the grouping I was hoping for, if not the consistency in where the pellets were striking.

[​IMG]

Overall I'm very pleased. Next step will be to buy a range finder and a number of knock down targets to set out at different distances and get some experience with holdover/under, and shooting at something a bit more realistic than a scribble on a piece of paper.

2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Major Poster

Very nice mate, I’m envious!

I’ve been in a European sales meeting most of the day, same again tomorrow.

I hate being stuck inside!!...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Nubble likes this.
  3. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Nice. Well done. Bet you were starting to get cabin fever.
    I Had a very quick play with the newly acquired CP1 to test last nights trigger tweaking.

It was lovely out there mikey. Really lovely..... :D

4. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Major Poster

Better than sitting at a table looking at the Nash folk lol

Nubble likes this.
  5. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Pro Poster

I like your garden set up Hugh, and your shooting:up:, mines only fit for shooting bb and even then its overlooked in places:(

6. Dagger

Dagger Engaging Member

I love your garden :)

7. Farty

Farty Totty GURU

You've missed the cross matey :laff: joking apart you have a stonking garden :claping:

8. hughlle

hughlle Keyboard Hero

Not my garden! Slightly out of my price range. No denying it is rather nice though. Was nice to sit there shooting listening to about 40 frogs croaking away in the pond.

Nubble likes this.
  9. sithe79

sithe79 Donator

Looks like a great place to get out with a rifle. Nice shooting too.
    Atb,
    Simon