1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

A different scope? nikko to MTC

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Seanalf, May 3, 2014.

1. Seanalf

Seanalf Engaging Member

Hopefully this isn't just another "what scope" thread, although it could be something like that lol.

I currently have, sat in the back of my cupboard, a wonderful Nikko Diamond 10-50x60 scope. Brilliant glass, wonderful for range finding and perfect for HFT, so what's it doing in the back of the cupboard?

I mainly hunt, it's a bit big to go onto my HW100 (as I struggle to lift it off the floor lol) and I use the S410 and the mag is a struggle to get the mag out with the sidewheel, so my question is, if I do decide to sell it, what should I replace it with?

I'm thinking MTC, but I don't know enough about them to point me in the right direction, so I'm opening up to the forum wisdom and hive mind. It can't be too heavy as that would defeat the object, I like side focus and the mag must be up to say x24 for good range finding (although I've heard good things about fixed mag). It must be sutable for hunting with a bit of target thrown in. I'm guessing the Nikko is about £250 worth, so say from £150-£200 in value?

Over to you guys..........

2. Kamo

Kamo Member

Hi seanalf,

I have had in the past mtc viper fixed 10x44 2 of them, the first one was superb glass the one I have now on my .22 ultra is ***p compared to the first. Also had the large mag viper 8x32-60 good glass but above 20 mag milky but ok for range finding but only cos the side wheel is so large. I'm now using the nikko diamond on my ev great glass but like u say its a beast. My next scope will prob be a bushnell or redfield which would be going on the ultra has this is my main hunting rig and also use it for hft. I think you will get a little more then £250 for you're diamond poss £400-500 if you find the right buyer. Basically mtc are good/great for the money but if u spend a little more you will get much better and has always look thro has meany scopes has you can before you spend any money.

K

3. Seanalf

Seanalf Engaging Member

Cheers buddy, what would you recommend as an alternative then? I was guessing at £250 as the diamond is not new, it's in good condition (optics are perfect) the top turret has been replaced with one that can be removed and put back for zero. I would say it's about 3yrs old/

4. Kamo

Kamo Member

If it ranges fine at least £400 tbh I paid a bit more for mine second hand in a1 nick org side wheel box etc... Lots of guys at my club use the Bushnell legends with the front ao, great glass, I don't get one too well with the front ao for range finding but the glass is worth it. Had a look through redfield leupolds budget scope today WOW and WOW... Only problems it was a 30-30 ret and fixed but so bright and clear I'm still thinking of getting it on Monday.

I'd also look at vortex or Nikon tbh I've not looked through any but with the budget you have there worth a look before you spend, I'm sure others can give you some tips on other makes.

k

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  5. Seanalf

Seanalf Engaging Member

So here a couple of pics of the Nikko, am I right that it is worth anywhere from £250 upwards?

6. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  7. Seanalf

Seanalf Engaging Member

So it's a MK1? I did mean FT, not HFT, correct! I always get them mixed up lol. All I know is it's a great scope, but I thinking of the MTC Viper or Taipan as a suitable replacement if I decide to sell from the reviews. How do you get on with your Viper?

8. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

I use Viper Connects, not the Viper (a different beast altogether) & think they are great, I would not recommend the new SL for low light hunting though, for an HFT scope it is ideal for my old eyes.

9. Seanalf

Seanalf Engaging Member

Nick, just having a look at the Connect, how do you get on with both mounting it and having the 2 wheels so close together? Does it interfere with accurate range finding?