1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

A Bit Of Help From My Friends

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Blackmax, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Blackmax

Blackmax Very Active

One of the members on here Alan @windymiller wanted me to try and fix his Dad's old airgun.

Anyway a pretty dirty well used HW77 landed yesterday but unfortunately it looks like it's beyond economical repair. I'll try and fix most things and most guns but this one has the welds joining the barrel to the cylinder snapped.

As I said the gun looks well used but it was Alan's Dad's well loved gun he used for sorting out vermin on his farm. Alan's Dad is currently unwell and has been in hospital for a while so it's even more pertinent for the gun to be sorted before he gets out.

Unfortunately the gun was sent for a service and whoever did it put a large spring in it which was to much for Alan's dad. It appears he let the underlever go and flew with such force it broke the welds and smashed the barrel end out. The insides have signs of damage too, the compression chamber has distortion but I can sort that in my lathe.

Normally I'd just write such a task off as too much work but due to the circumstances I would really like to repair this one and restore it to a usable condition. I don't think the owner even wants it tidied up, he just wants to use it as he has for the last thirty odd years.

So I'm after an HW77 full length barrel/cylinder and end block in .22 if anyone has one. Condition isn't important as long as it is usable.

Here's the pictures.

BM

DSC_0534.JPG DSC_0535.JPG

2. robs5230

robs5230 Big Poster

No possibility of jigging up and rewelding / brazing Andy?

Stevie Darling and Blackmax like this.
  3. nath92

nath92 Donator

Ill happily sort stock if needed Andy free for such a cause if he wanted it of course

4. rich79

rich79 Donator

Pretty much won't be the same gun then? Can't someone weld it for a tenner?

bobjen38, Stevie Darling and Blackmax like this.
  5. Paul Chell

Paul Chell Engaging Member

@Blackmax I can fix barrel/cylinder for you buddy ive done it 3 times before and there still going strong

6. Paul Chell

@Blackmax if you want me to sort it all it would cost you is postage

7. carnivore

carnivore Keyboard Hero

What a nice group we have here. Well done nath92 and Paul Chell for your generous offers. It would be great to see the full rifle both before and after its refurb.

8. ukglyn

ukglyn Big Poster

Well done gents :up::claping:

9. windymiller

windymiller bm100 thumbhole

blackmax / guys i feel truly truly humbled really !!! dad and us been through it a bit of late and seeing him in hospital made me feel so utterly helpless, andy had already kindly blackmaxed my hw100 and i was so chuffed with his service and the resulting "blackmax"hw100 that i asked him if he would look at dads gun as a surprise for when he gets out of hospital, now i dont truly know if dad will be able to lift it as he has been left so week but silly as it sounds it was just a thought i had to cheer him up and i loved the idea of it being turned into a blackmax hw77 !!! also i must take this opportunity to thank mike for all his running around and i sincerely hope he is having a fab holiday away with his family

with kind & fraternal regards windy

10. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

11. Popgun

Popgun Post Whore

:thumb:

12. Paul Chell

just had a thought why dont we go all the way with this one make it something special if Andy sends the action to me to fix I will prep and re-black and its on me no cost lets put a big smile on this guy face sounds like he's had a rough time

13. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

andy(blackmax) is having his tea and hasnt seen this yet lol, im sure he will be chuffed for the offers of help

14. nath92

nath92 Donator

I shudder to think what andy is upto at the moment :D

Blackmax and Stevie Darling like this.
  15. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

You know what guy's, I'm proud to be a member of AGF, an absolutely stunning response once again :thumb::thumb::thumb:..

Ray

16. Blackmax

Blackmax Very Active

Guys, I'm overwhelmed by your kindness. Alan's Dad's name is Peter by the way. Although it's unlikely it'll be done by the time he gets out of hospital with this kind of enthusiasm there's no telling.

Paul - I'll send you the action, I've seen your work, crikey he won't want to use it, in fact I think he'll lock it in a safe!

Nath - I'll send you the stock, I know how that'll come out, stunning!

I'll see if Nick will donate a kit and spring as the three foot long one I took out won't be any good!

Please can you PM your addresses guys and I'll get the bits off in the next couple of days.

I'll keep a log of the postage and parts costs and share them between us and Alan. I'll reimburse you both your costs straight away and get it off Alan when it's finished of that's ok with all concerned.

Thanks again

17. Issac

Issac Post Whore

Great stuff

18. windymiller

windymiller bm100 thumbhole

nooooooooooooo i will pay any costs please id feel terrible if any of you paid anything, as i said earlier its such a humbling offer even to give up you time so please please please let me pay for all costs !!!!

HW100Tuning, charlie 65 and Blackmax like this.
  19. nath92

nath92 Donator

Postage cost don't concern me , in this commuity i have benefited and experienced great kindness and generosity from others so least i can do is share that around i firmly believe in karma and goodwill , i hope peter makes a speedy recovery, @Blackmax do you still have my addy mate or do you need it again ?

Nath

20. robs5230

robs5230 Big Poster

Andy, let me know if any of the smaller parts are needed. I may well have a useful spring, possibly a used guide and top hat, new hex head forend screws, possible trigger blade etc