1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

A big thankyou to Nutshot

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by cloverleaf, Apr 20, 2014.

1. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Some time ago I posted about getting a Theoben Rapid reg re-sealed. This is usually something I'd prefer to do myself, however a lack of appropriate tools and complications arising from the unit having been bodged in the past pushed this job outside the scope of my ability.

Nutshot (Nick) replied to my thread with some pointers and also very kindly offered to reseal the reg for me. I won't go into details, suffice to say that from my experience of dealing with him I found Nick to be an extremely knowledgeable, capable, friendly and generous individual; and I'm very grateful for his help in sorting my rifle out.

I'm not sure if Nick is actively seeking to undertake any regular work on Rapids; however if he is I have no hesitation in recommending the quality of his work or the integrity of his character :)

Thanks Nick :up:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. walker

walker Busy Member

never knew you had a rapid fella. there's a few blokes on the rapid site who are **** hot. nick being one of them. and they dont charge an arm and a leg to sort blokes out either so its all good.

3. cloverleaf

Thanks - I've just joined the Rapid 7 OC forum and started bombarding them with questions :p

I've not posted about the Rapid as I've not had chance to use it yet - still ironing out a few issues. Tbh I'll probably shift it on eventually as it's .22 (not my favourite calibre) and a RH action in a LH stock. It has opened my eyes to what a generally well designed and constructed rifle the (later) Rapids are though and while they're not perfect (what is?) I do have a fresh appreciation of them now having played with one a bit more.

Ideally I'd like a true LH action in .177 - probably about as much chance of finding one of these and locating the original copy of the Bible, but I'll live in hope :p

4. walker

walker Busy Member

left handed action's are like rocking horse ****. easy enough to change it to .177 though mate. barrel and probes and reset the reg pressure job done.

5. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Lh actions do come up for sale every now and then bunnyblatter bry on here sold one not all that long ago

6. cloverleaf

Thanks chaps - I have seen the odd LH action and am not averse to changing the calibre, providing I can source the bits for reasonable money.

I do know of a true LH model available for sale, but it's the fat end of £650 and in .25 cal. I'm quite tempted to fire them a PM with a cheeky offer for their consideration as I think it'll take them years to shift such a niche combination at that price.

I don't suppose anyone can recommend at what serial the guns changed to the Mk4 trigger and scalloped breech please?

7. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Not sureon serial number mate but mk4 triggers came in befor scalloped blocks around 2007 also rapid .25 bits fetch hell of a lot of cash on the second hand market seen em fetch £200 and above there a conversion to 177 on the other forum at min

8. walker

walker Busy Member

you'll be able to tell if its the mk4 trigger matey. any photos?

9. cloverleaf

Thanks - I've only ever seen references to the Mk4 trigger in conjunction with the scalloped block, but it makes sense that they could have been introduced at different times. Didn't know that about the .25 conversion bits - maybe people want them for FAC conversions? I know it's a very "acquired taste" at 12ftlb.

I have seen the bits for sale on the other side, thanks - would probably have snapped them up had they been standard but I'm not keen on the shrouded barrel and adaptor.

In your opinion is £650 over the odds for a LH .25 Mk2, or do you think it's about right? Given the (assumed) reduced market based on the calibre and orientation, I'd have though £550 was probably nearer the mark; but then of course I have much to learn about Rapids :p

Cheers - below is the best photo that includes the trigger; the serial is 025XXX - a fairly late one?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  10. walker

walker Busy Member

its a mk4 trigger.

11. walker

walker Busy Member

did it come out the factory as a .25 do you know? thats a short barrel for the big cal. id say 650's a bit steep considering its a full left handed model.

12. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

It's not too bad in my opinion. If you're changing the cal and keeping it then its not good
    I have just seen 2 full left handers go for near on £900 each with out scope

13. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Lh usually warrent a higher price than rh it looks very nice but aswalker says and your self a little pricey but where rapids are concerned there like the stock market prices rise and fall seen some right sheds sell for 700 recently with gaues and qy drilled in to the block the old gamo block at that ! Ipersonnaly would want to pay what you would cloverleaf around the £550 mark no matter what cal it was unless a very very new model with anti tamper fitted ect and untouched

14. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Is it 400 or 500 cc buddy botle that could be making barrel look smaller than it is looks a good buy tho looks like a newer model

15. walker

walker Busy Member

Thats a 400cc bottle. I cant see many people interested in that .25 barrel because its so short. It would be useless at FAC level.

16. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Just seen this thread, yes Nutshot is a top guy and certainly knows his stuff :up:

Prices on Rapids like Dave says are up and down but seen some sell for silly money for there condition and spec. From the little I know and the ones I own I love the mk4 trigger and would only go for that unless one came up and it was cheap :D

17. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

True but will still reach high enough it might be made for sub 12 use i love my .25 in sub 12 now and using jsb kings at 440 fps still stacks pellets at 35 meter tried h&n yesterday and managed 500 fps out of them still way below the legal limit now thats not to far off .22 speeds if u use 16 grain and above theoben did do afair few sub 12.25 a ladi no called daz as a ttr in .25 and uses it like a target gun at the big ranges putting alot of the lads to shame with there 177 hes some good vids on U tube illustratin this ile try get his u tube link

18. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Want a signed copy? :D

19. walker

walker Busy Member

yee ive spoke to daz. i shot with him last weekend but he didn't have his .25 rapid out he was playing with a .22 kricket which i had a good blast on.

20. nutshot

nutshot Well-Known Member

Glad its working right now Mike :) Nice to help out and thanks for the beer ;) I have no interest in fixing regs but it is nice to help a fellow in need :)