1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

A Big Thankyou for your support!

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by SteveB, Jun 29, 2012.

1. SteveB

SteveB Busy Member

I don't usually post stuff like this but....................................

As some of you know I am a Foster Carer. I have one 11 year old girl at the moment that suffered horrific physical abuse from a very young age.
    She has had loads of foster carers that could not handle her behaviour, and she has been diagnosed with loads of conditions with more letters than the alphabet and she is hyperactive. We were her last chance.:(
    When she was very young, she drank (or was made to drink) a chemical ( bleach or battery acid, no one knows!) that scarred her Esophagus (food tube) to such an extent that the only thing she could eat was tomato soup and very soft food because it narrowed the tube opening down to around 5mm in diameter!:eek:
    We have had her a year, and she has gained weight but on Tuesday, she was admitted to Birmingham Childrens Hospital where she under went a five and a half hour operation ( should have been 2!) to have the piece cut out and the tube rejoined, they went into her side, and collapsed her lung to do the operation. :confused:(I don't know how they did that!:eek:). She was in intensive care overnight but on Wednesday morning, she opened her eyes and smiled at my wife. She cannot eat for 14 days so she has loads of tubes, feeding her, administering pain killers, etc.... My wife sent a picture it was horrendous!
    My wife has slept by her side all week. Today they started removing some of the tubes and she has been out of bed, moving around, colouring pictures, and do you know what, ..........she never shed a tear!
    So why am I writing this?
    because I have been at home looking after the other 2 teenagers ( who have been brilliant) and not able to go out hunting etc...
    BUT............. not a day has gone by that people off this forum have been texting and calling me, giving me support and asking about her!
    I now know I have some really, really good friends and I just want to pass on an emotional Thank You from me and my wife.
    Thank You Guys!:up::up::up::up:
    Namely.........Sabiann, MikeMjm, Tubba, Ronnieman, Darrin, and Transporter1 ( although very new to the forum has been great)
    These are just the syndicate guys but there are others.
    Hopefully I will back Bunny bashing next week guys! Sorry you have missed out! LOL!!!!:D

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

glad to hear bud.hope everything goes well and great job on the fostering.:up:

3. pistolpete1981

pistolpete1981 Busy Member

That is really good to hear bud and I she comes home soon

4. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Yes same as the above Steve, hope she is on the mend and comes home pretty quick.

What she has been through is really bad and makes you think these people who do such things are they right in the head, they can't be!

5. kenhawker

kenhawker Honorary Member

Ide mention what I thought about her perents but ide be here all week. We have a private foster son Steve He use to get batterd be his dad everytime his dad was drunk. His dad is an alcoholic so he got beatup alot. He has another brother who is also fosterd. Makes you wonder why these people have kids in the first place.
    Steve now lives with his girlfreind an is now finally sorting his life out after a 8 month strech inside. Now he has a job and a future.
    These are good kids they just need love and someone willing to give them a chance no matter what. Everything turns out good in the en mate, I hope you and your all my very best for the future mate, sounds to me like that little girl is in good hands now bud now shes with you and your wife.

All our best

Ken & Carol.

6. milek

milek Honorary Member

I don't know a thing about you SteveB or your family but I'm very proud of you all. The very best to you all for the future.

7. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I have nothing but admiration for you & your wife Steve.
    Keep us updated on the recuperation of this young lady & be sure to give her a hug from this end of the line :thumb: ....................... :coffee:

8. Mad Marine

Mad Marine Banned

RESPECT AND NOTHING BUT RESPECT for you and your family
    I take my Baret off :thumbup:

9. SteveB

SteveB Busy Member

Like wise Buddy!
    I take it you are in the forces?
    I have nothing but admiration and respect for anyone who is unselfish enough to put their life on the line for their country.
    Wish I had gone in the RAF when I was younger when I had the chance, but didn't for selfish reasons!

Until I started Fostering, 6 years ago, I didn't realise the real, unseen abuse that goes on behind closed doors.
    I used to have a very quick temper and settled things with my fists, but never with kids!
    I must have gained a lot of self control in my old age, because I have to meet these people, sit in the same room, and listen to their crap and lies while they brown nose up to Social Workers!
    I had one "alcoholic violent father" rang me and demanded I let his son on the net so he could contact him. Because of what the father had done, it was not allowed. He then told me that he was going to "sort me out". So......... next contact visit by the young lad, I went and supervised instead of the wife!
    His face was a picture when I got out the car! I sent the lad to get a drink, and told the father in a calm and quiet manner, what I would do to him if he ever touched the lad, or threatened me again. He was not so brave without his bottle to hide behind, and he was a good 3 inches taller than me!!! LOL!!! Very unprofessional on my part, but it felt good!!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  10. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Well done Steve, to you and your foster daughter. I used to work with children in her position and I know how hard it can be. You're obviously doing a great job, and she must be made of some pretty stern stuff.

All the best to you and your family.

11. doodsy

doodsy Donator

a big up to you and your family steve, world needs more people like you and your wife :up:, best wishes to that little lass, wish i could meet the people that abused her, they would understand how it feels to be degraded and abused, cowardly brutes need a proper goin over old school style :rolleyes:

12. SteveB

SteveB Busy Member

Well my wife came home at 17:00. Had her first proper meal in 4 days, and says the showers are crap in hospital!! LOL!
    The little girl is up and about and back to 75% of her old self, boisterous, cheeky etc... but well on the mend. Now the daily grind of back and forth on the train (45 minutes by car, 15 minutes and cheaper by train) to visit her.
    Social Services Manager visited her today as well.
    Funny thing is.... my wife was standing by a shop today in centre of Brum, and someone tapped her on the shoulder... it was Foster Child number 2 (of over 20) from 2007. Heavily pregnant. When will they listen? LOL!!!

13. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

All the best mate hope the young girl is back home with you all soon and well done to you and your family

14. Samon

Samon Donator

You've given this young girl a chance at life again mate, you and your wife are an asset to the British public and are a sign there are still some good, honest and caring people still our there.

I hope you carry on the great service to those kids out there, it's quite hard to understand just how important you are to the outcome of the rest of their lives.

My best wishes go out to you and the children to take in!

15. SteveB

SteveB Busy Member

WOW Guys, I didn't mean this thread to gain praise off you! It was supposed to be a pat on the back and a way of thanking you guys for your kindness and support.
    Oh My God! I read back through this thread, and it sounds like a campaign or nomination for saint hood!!!!! LOL!!! Not my intention at all!! The last Saint Stephen got stoned! Good job I am Anti - Drugs!!! LOL!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Stephen
    I did some, not so nice things when I was younger, and the real turning point was 22 years ago when I went to buy a motorcycle helmet off a young lady that worked with me. I married her 5 years later!! She is the driving force behind the fostering, not me!!! I just hang on for grim death on this roller coaster of daily challenges.
    Sabiann turned up tonight!! So we sat and had a natter about guns, permissions etc.. It was great to talk to someone about something other than hospitals, risk assessments, and countless reports to Social Workers. I didn't realise how much I took the lads visits for granted! LOL!!!!

16. SteveB

SteveB Busy Member

Update.................. The young lady has most of her tubes removed now, and the nurses are having to tie her to the bed to keep her in it!!!! LOL!!!
    My wife says she is back to her usual Hyperactive ways, milking all the attention she is getting!
    Been really quiet around the house without her, the dogs are loving the peace and quiet.
    AND............ guess what?

I AM OFF OUT SHOOTING TONIGHT!!!! I can't wait, I was going stir crazy!!!
    I hope the bunnies have been doing what bunnies do best............

17. Eurosaber

Eurosaber Keyboard Hero

Steve, You are a fantastic family to do what you do.
    Enjoy your time out tonight mate, And be content knowing you give these children the love and homes they deserve and so sorely need.

18. Adam_v

Adam_v Engaging Member

Wow credit to you and the mrs mate, you up the golf course tonight if so pm me and I might stop off if it's the 1 I think,
    I really need to get up to you for a fiddle with them guns just ain't had time with work

19. SteveB

SteveB Busy Member

Errmmmm... we are going out at 11pm!!!!! We won't get back till 3am!!! You won't be able to get up for work!!! LOL!!!!
    You won't be able to meet me, sorry bud, The one I am going on tonight is high security and you need a key card to get through the gates.
    The only way, is to ride in with me, as my car is logged with security.
    PM me and I will arrange a night out for you.

20. Adam_v

Adam_v Engaging Member

Lol
    I'm in holiday mode mate
    Once I'm back defo meet up I need guidance lol
    Have a good shoot mate