1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

95k zero problem still!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by brettguise, Mar 1, 2012.

1. brettguise

brettguise Busy Member

I made a topic about a 95k zero problem. When I first had the gun it was fine. Last week I had a zero session and got penny sized groups at 35 yards. Yesterday I took it out after adjusting the parallax on a non adjustable parallax scope by removing the front screw thing and turning it. The gun was firing all over the place.

I got some groups and every 3 shots two would group one would go off wildly. 3 shots id put one high one low and one to the left. No pattern at all. I got royally peed off and drove home to get my allen keys and a different scope. Everything was tight so I took the scope off thinking maybe I damaged it upon adjusting the parallax.

I removed the mounts checked them and put them back on with a Hawke sport hd map scope. Tightened it evenly and set back out for another zero session.

Again the same problem at one point I manage to zero the scope and I put say 5 pellets in a nice tight group then I fire another 5 in different places. This one has got me stumped.

I was firing from a wooden pallet with my jacket on the top and my hand on the jacket in an artillery style hold and the gun on top of my hand.

I was using RWS Superfield and Falcon accuracy plus. I found the Falcons to group best.

Put me out of my mysery!

2. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Sounds like the problem the other half had with her Scorpion SE, could get a group for a few shots then it went into shotgun mode. Tried about 5 different pellets, all with the same result, in the end it went back to BSA and they fixed it. Could need taking back to the shop!

3. Dunkman

Dunkman Posting Addict

I have to say, it sounds like the problem is you and not the rifle/Scope. How is your trigger adjusted?. Does it have a second stage set?. how heavy/light is the pull?

It sounds like you are taking the shot inconsistently- One minute when you are 'in the zone' it's all OK, next time your concentration has dropped, trying 'to hard' or something like the trigger setting is upsetting your shooting.

Sometimes, the best shots are the ones that are instinctive. When you concentrate too hard, with the magnification of the scope at MAX you're shooting can go to pieces.

4. brettguise

brettguise Busy Member

If that's the case it was second hand, would it be best to contact Weihrauch if all options are tried and its not me but the gun?

Could possibly be, I must admit the trigger does have a heavy pull and the second stage isn't as obvious. Ill have a go at adjusting that tonight actually. Its the front screw to adjust isn't it not the back long screw? Would be good to get somebody to have a go with it and give their second opinion. I was zeroing at 7X yesterday.

I do get frustrated when shooting isn't spot on so it could be that I was throwing the aim off by trying to hard to get it right.

Only other option I thought may be a barrel clean? Or a change of pellet again.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. Dunkman

Dunkman Posting Addict

You should definately feel a second stage. If not, the trigger release will be erratic and I bet this is your problem as the release isn't always exactly at the same point each time, hence poor groupings as you are releasing the shot at different places each time (even if you think you aren't)

The front screw adjusts the second stage. Ideally, take the action out of the stock and if you look at the strigger block, there is a round inspection hole at the back where you can see the actuall release point (you will see what I mean when you do it). Ideally, you want to feel the second stage happen by the trigger pull increasing. Depends on preference but the second stage should give you about 2-3mm of trigger movement before releasing. The screw behind the trigger adjusts the trigger pressure. Don't set this too light or firm but just enough so that you feel some positive pressure against the pull.

People tune guns but forget how vitally important the trigger and its set up is as this is the one single item that connects you to the gun and then to the target- everything else thereafter is just mechanics and physics.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  6. brettguise

brettguise Busy Member

Ill give that a try, can you see the release point without cocking the gun as you adjust the second stage?

7. Dunkman

Dunkman Posting Addict

See the diagram below, there is a circle at the bottom right hand corner. This is the inspection hole in the trigger block and you can see the arm that holds back the sear (Green item) and the Red lever that is what the trigger blade moves against. When you pul the trigger the red arm will lower and release the green arm that in turn releases the trigger.

When you squeeze the trigger the 1st stage moves the red arm a certain amount and when the second stage engages, the pivot ratio increases giving a higher trigger pressure and incresed movevement of the red arm for the same given trigger movement. You need to adjust the red arm so that the green arm is NOT released until the second stage engages, just a tad after.

01-15-09-01.jpg

8. brettguise

brettguise Busy Member

Yeah there's a good moving diagram on youtube as well that I watched so I understand the mechanism slightly and will try adjust it how you said. I hope its the trigger though and nothing else. Ill fire some swan tips through as well to make sure barrels cleaned for next test I do.

9. Aunty Social

Aunty Social Member

How much does it recoil? My 95k shook the stock screws loose which made for some erratic groupings to say the least!

10. brettguise

brettguise Busy Member

Recoils medium id say. That was one thing I did think of that I haven't actually put a screwdriver and checked. It doesn't feel loose though.

11. john2667

john2667 Engaging Member

You say you bought it secondhand, it shouldnt shake the stock screws loose so when you take the action out of the stock check it hasnt had a ox mainspring fitted. If it has take it out and replace it with a factory spring or a titan mainspring, the recoil isnt bad on the 95

12. brettguise

brettguise Busy Member

No it hasn't had a new spring I know the guy who sold it me, it did have a piston sleeve fitted though. Its not very old at all and had only had a few hundred pellets through when I had it.

13. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

i'd try a few more pellets mate:up:,try aa fields

14. Jed Clampit

Jed Clampit Posting Addict

if your in Stourbridge - why not come down to Worcester Air rifles on Sunday?
    There a a guy who goes down there that's forgotten more about springers than most people ever learn.

http://www.worcesterairrifles.org.uk/

15. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

tbf,
    most of the time its one of two things,YOU or YOUR PELLETS,lot of the time we think we'er better then we are,and when we miss a shot its all ''WHATS UP WITH ME GUN :mad:'' when the fault lies with us ''well not me ,you,i'm fricking tops :p''

16. Bolor

Bolor Banned BANNED

Throw a tin of pellets through it and see if it settles down.

17. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

The recoil on the wife's 95 is virtually non existent and that is straight out of the box, for a .177 at 11.5 fpe it is amazing!

18. brettguise

brettguise Busy Member

Thanks guys for the advice. I took it out with the guy who sold it to me last night actually for a shoot. We set a target up and had a go he was firing far to the right after id zeroed it in the day before as best as I could. He tweaked it to the left and got a good group in the centre and handed me the rifle. I shot a few pellets and got a group far to the left. In the end I tweaked it back to the right and changed my hold slightly moving my hand forward closer to the breach. This improved my shots and I had a few pellet on pellet and a good sized group. We put some spinny targets out and I was hitting them almost every time. It was strange how he shot differently to me and I had to adjust to suit me because his zero was different to mine, but it seemed to group better last night after a mess and a play from both of us.

Im going to take it out next week with a different tin of pellets and my current ones and see how I get on. I need to tweak the trigger a bit as well to suit me and I think that will make it spot on.

I would definately take you up on that but I work Sundays so I miss out on all the clubs :(

19. hun73r666

hun73r666 Keyboard Hero

Good luck with it mate. I know the feeling! It can drive you nuts!

20. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

just goes to show how consistent you have to be with a springer to group well, slightly different hold or placement of the hand and your poi changes, doesnt help that the 95 is so light which makes it even more hold sensitive. get consistent with it though and its a great little rifle, i had one a few years back.