1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

7m Group. My Best So Far.....

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Nubble, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Nubble

Nubble Donator

I've had my CP1 for about a month now and been really enjoying it. Popping out into the back garden for half an hour or so. Shoot a few targets, experiment with my grip and hold, my aim, sitting standing etc etc.

I've not shot a pistol for 30 plus maybe 40 years and that would have been informal back yard plinking as a kid. One thing I never shot with a pistol were targets! It had to be toy soldiers or tin lids etc

To be honest I have only tried shooting one handed once in the last couple of weeks and the results were not encouraging so I admit to wimping out and shooting the majority of the time using two hands and playing around with grip and hold whilst mostly standing. Sort of 70% standing 30% sitting. My accuracy is improving but really I think I should be shooting one handed coz really I'm cheating.

Anyway today I thought I'd have a 'proper' go at standing one handed shots. 10 shots straight off as I thought that 'practicing' would eventually make my aim too wobbly.

I counted out 10 pellets and concentrated on my breathing and hold whilst trying to squeeze the trigger as smoothly as possible and trying to get each shot off in less than 10 seconds from raising the gun but without rushing!!!. I did have to pause a few times as I was taking too long and had to drop, compose and re-aim, also because the birdies kept coming into the garden to feed and bathe. I remained still and they accepted I was there and carried on. At one point a Dunnock came into the garden and stopped me (??) for about 20 mins as it rummaged around for things to eat just yards from me. Great.

After all the interruptions I managed to shoot all 10 shots (took about 45 mins!) and I couldn't wait to see the results. Sadly shots 8 and 10 were dropped a bit low but I was very happy with the other 8. :D

I still think that a lighter trigger spring would help but haven't got as far as playing around with that yet.

7m RWS Geco.

Sorry but I forgot the ubiquitous 5p/2p. The bull measures approx 27mm!
    Ignoring the two low shots the group is around 30/31mm edge to edge.

Cheers
    Nubble

full.jpg

2. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Pretty good Nubbs, keep at it :thumb:

Ray

Nubble likes this.
  3. Dag

Dag Very Active

Nice to read how well you are doing. I got my CP1 a couple of weeks back and have used it at 6yds and 10m with varying success, or is it failure? I will persevere though and in the UBC 10m competition it really doesn't matter if you hold it two handed, at the end of the day it's what You are enjoying doing. Anyway, if they didn't want you to rest that stock in the palm of your other hand why would they have made it so large and flat?.........Oh, I've just been told it's for cracking walnuts!
    I had one pistol from age 13, a ZVP Slavia, and stupidly sold it after 55years. I regretted it so much I bought first an HW45 followed by six more CO2's springers and SSP's and just added the CP1.
    I wish I could get a group as good as yours with the CP1 though!
    Joining the UBC and doing their online competitions has certainly helped and forces me to use every pistol at least once a month and I am definitely improving the more I use them.
    Good luck with yours
    All best
    Jim

Ginnel Gunner and Nubble like this.
  4. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Thank you Ray. :D

5. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Superb. Thanks Dag. Think given time (and different location) I will push it out to 10m but for the moment I'm limited to max 9m in the garden but I would need to move a few things (or "tidy up all that junk of yours" as Mrs Nubble would put it)

:up:

6. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Damn it Nubble you're not doing a very good job at helping me not to buy one of these lol

7. Nubble

Nubble Donator

You know it makes sense! And Mrs Hall said 'yes you can have another gun Mikey'.
    ;)

8. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Only because she thinks I only have a couple already as they "look the same";)

Nubble likes this.
  9. Ginnel Gunner

Ginnel Gunner Engaging Member

Well Nubble, I think you're doing fine & dandy with those results. It don't matter about the hold...it's what's comfortable and natural for you. Anyway, I favour the double hold and from a kind of bench-rested position on top of my wheelie bin at 10m with both HW40 and 75.

I am very interested in how the CP-1 performs, as I keep going back to this one when I get another pistol itch (that's if I can sneak one past the Obermeister). Why don't women get it? :shrug:they have shoes, clothes & handbags.............we have cars, motorbikes and airguns.

So keep us posted or perhaps do a review on this one please. Is it the SMK Victory with the left hand bolt action? Also is it .177? Oh and GECOs are spot on for this range.........I understand domes don't always work that well with some CO2 pistols.

Plink and be happy.

10. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Thanks Ginnel Gunner, still playing around with the hold and doing my best to shoot 1 handed. I will be testing it rested out to about 25 yards given time.

If you have 5 mins spare..... https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/cp1-co2-pistol-review.241632/#post-1823158

Cheers.
    :thumb:

11. Ginnel Gunner

Yes - great review Nubble. The only downside (from an aesthetic point of view) is the stock, it's kind of ugly. I prefer the SMK stippled dark wood version, but I guess it is essentially the same gun design. I'm looking forward to the results from your 25 yard rested shooting :thumb:.

Nubble likes this.
  12. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Yes indeed, I would agree with you there. The SMK stock is much nicer looking but was around £60 more than mine! To get the SMK set-up the same would have been over 100 notes more! Not justifiable. For a couple of hundred I would have gone for the Artemis PCP.
    :eek:

13. Ginnel Gunner

Mmmm.....price does come into it, I agree and certainly not justifiable for another 100 squidlets!

The Artemis PP700s I presume? - a nice looker but PCP and to be honest I would want the faff of bottles and all that. I saw that AirgunShooting mag did a test on the Zasdar version last July. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you going to have more fun with the CP-1 and I'm liking it more and more. Perhaps Santa will be a love this year?? :D.

Nubble likes this.
  14. Dag

Dag Very Active

Great article and my thanks to you for making me think about how to improve the looks of the , as you say 'kind of ugly', plain stock.
    Casting my mind back to receiving some wooden grips for my HW45 and thinking at the time 'how did he get that finish' I just typed into Gurgle ' Stippling a wooden pistol stock' and up popped a few Youtube videos etc.
    Yet to look at it fully but here's one for me to be getting the Dremel out to copy:

Now will I dare to do it?
    Jim
    ps Or I really could put the boat out and do it this way:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Nubble likes this.
  15. Ginnel Gunner

Well Jim - choices, choices!

I suppose it comes down to time and money. Which one do you have the most of ;) ?

If you have the skill sets and the time, wouldn't it be nice to DIY - stand back and say; 'well I made a right mess of that one!' :mad:. Let us know how you got on please :).

Nubble and Dag like this.