1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

7 litre 300 bar fill setup

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by dm800, Jan 7, 2018.

1. dm800

dm800 Engaging Member

2. Popgun

Popgun Donator

3. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

looks a good price :)

4. Popgun

Popgun Donator

Check the manufacture dates many are "old stock" & eat into the retest time , false economy. my cylinder was 2 weeks old, i asked b 4 buying

5. dm800

dm800 Engaging Member

[FONT=&quot]"A new charging set supplied with a 5-year test from date of manufacture."[/FONT]

6. themadspread

themadspread Donator

very good price anti kink hose fitted as well

7. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Life in the slow lane

If you already have a gauge and whip, they also do a cheaper cylinder, this is the way I need to go as a 3lt tank is just not quite enough if you use two guns on a regular basis.

8. Popgun

Popgun Donator

Agreed but when did the retailed take it into stock, that could be 4 yrs :D

9. Popgun

Popgun Donator

gauge on cylinder = 5 yr test
    no gauge on cylinder = 2 1/2 yr test

10. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Hi Dan

If I were you I'd stick with the 10L 232 which I know you have already - let me explain - I've used rounding and ignored things like surface pressure etc. - I don't want to get too into it, but you also have to remember "Van Der Waals laws - (from diving) - here: http://www.nigelhewitt.co.uk/diving/maths/vdw.html which basically says a 300 bar fill actually has the volume closer to a 270bar fill due to physics acting on gases under pressure after around 250bar – as pressure increases the gas get’s close to becoming a liquid – and you can’t increases the volume of a liquid – only it’s pressure – it’s basic hydraulics 101, so despite having a 300bar fill – it does not have what you would expect air volume wise due to this, even though it does have a higher pressure.

A 7L 300bar tank weighs approx. 10kg, a 10L 232bar one weighs roughly 12kg, so a 10L is around 2kg heavier.

A 7L 300bar holds around 7x300= 2100L of air (but actually more like 1900L due to the above laws of physics), and a 10L one holds what you would expect - 10x232= 2320L - so a 10L 232 holds roughly 400L of air more than a 7L 300.

But there is more to it............

Air gunners re fill a tank at say - 160bar, so you only use the air above that pressure, which means deduct what you have left from what you had to get what you used:

7L, 300b cylinder: 1900L (VDW law) minus 7x160=1120 = 780L used

10L, 232 cylinder: 2320 – 10x160=1600 = 720L used

So in reality you get around an extra 60L of compressed air use from a 7L 300bar cylinder than you get from a 10L, 232 bar one - which meant 60/7= an extra 10bar in a 7L cylinder, or an extra 6bar in a 10L, 232 one!!

The above is about right give or take a few educated guestimates, and if I were buying a new tank I would say get a 300bar version, but it does not make financial or practical sense to ditch a 10L 232 for a 7L, 300 at a cost of £175 – they give very similar fills in real life and the weight difference is only 2kg.

;)

James

11. busanga

busanga Busy Member

So if i am buying first time , it still makes sense to get the 7L 300 Bar ?

12. Oat

Oat Very Active

It's a good unit price, but if i read correctly they will change £25 for delivery.
    Then note that it will be shipped empty - that means any RFD will charge premium for it's filling from an empty state (my guess would be £25 - £30). You now have a £230 bottle which i suggest any local RFD could price beat if you go and speak to them. So, not only is it available cheaper, if we don't support RFD's they will be gone... :up:

13. Mike.lewis

Mike.lewis Donator

Delivery is to your house not rfd, it's free aswell. But it is delivered empty.

14. Eds81

Eds81 Busy Member

I've a brand new one you can have for 100

15. jesim1

In my opinion - yes, but if your buying second hand then location and price are just as important as a 7L is only marginally better than a 10L from a fill point of view as most people just do the maths without the knowledge of how gasses under pressure at 300bar actually behave - I'm not saying people are stupid, it's just a bit boring and complex, and not what you would expect if your not into this in a more in depth way. I only know about it as I'm a compressor operator and mixed gas diving instructor - so I have to know a bit more which has now filtered into my air gun hobby.

In reality even getting a genuine 300bar fill is difficult, if I get 270 I know I'm not really losing out due to physics, but common sense makes you think you are "missing" 30bar:eek:

I perhaps should say a 12L 232 is bloody heavy, especially when full, I would not even entertain a 300bar 12L as it's almost a 2 man lift:eek:. If you have the money a 9L 300bar carbon cylinder is a great way to go, it's more expensive and can have a limited life of around 15 years - but over than time it's worth every penny - "in my opinion";) It's what I bought.

James

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  16. Nubble

Nubble Donator

7l 300 bar???

If op not interested then I may be?? :D

17. Popgun

Popgun Donator

I have a 12ltr 300 bar no problem, you might invest in a Gym subscription :D

My local RFD fills to 300 bar. i have checked the cylinder on refill. & a fill is a fiver, even if totally MT as it was delivered to me from SYA

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  18. dm800

dm800 Engaging Member

Go for it. As mentioned above distance is also important.

19. jesim1

LOL :D - at around 50lb full I'd struggle like hell with that, the very though of a gym gives me pains in muscles I don't know I have, I'm definitely getting too old to do the things I used to do without even thinking of them - still got the bike our for a blast today though :D, I've go to at least do a good impression of growing old gracefully.

James

20. Rn76

Rn76 Busy Member