1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

5 facts

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by a1gunner, May 26, 2008.

1. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

hey, I was just thinking that its very easy to become a different person on here, under another alias so I just want to know 5 fact about you as a person and how you are in real life and not on this place

i'm not asking for personal facts but just stuff someone would know after 5 minuets of meeting you.

I’ll start us off I guess I mean I did start it.

1. I’m not as random in real life as I am here.
    I’m actually quite serious, sometimes boring to be around, I am about 1/2 as random in real life as I am on here, most of the time if I’m in a good mood my funny comes from a little bit of randomness and sarcasm. I’m also witty at times but I’m not as random as I am here.

2. I’m not a confident person, I don’t actually like meeting new people very much, I like to make friends but if I’m talking to someone I just met I’m nervous, also girls wise I’m fine around the ones I don’t like or are just friends with, if I have a crush on a girl I’m hope less, I’m sure you’ve seen the films of a guy that’s stupidly nervous well I’m like that.

3.you may have sussed this but I like sailing far more than my shooting

4. I’m not as .22 obsessed as I make out, the truth is I’m actually neutral in the calibre department, I don't actually care who uses .177 and I know that it is better than .22 at rabbits and over long ranges and stalking things, also in woodland. I mainly hunt in sheds and hides so trajectory is irrelevant so .22 is best for me.

5. I’m a sensitive person, I don't like people making fun of me.....it hurts my feelings.....sometimes I cry, its rude as well you wouldn't do it in real life so why type it, does it make you feel good about your self?
    I think it just shows that you are not a very nice person.

okay number 5 is a lie I don’t actually care.

6. was there supposed to be a 6? how many facts do I do again?

7.i don’t have any form of relation ship with sheep, neither do any other welsh people, its just a stereotype, like the blonde thing

8. I don’t get offended easily,

9. I’m not a violent person but I will defend myself.

10, I care, I’m a caring person and I love my parents, most people my age say they hate their folks and I feel really sorry for their folks, I really hate the 'like your mum' comeback or insult, that really hurts me, I care more for my mum's feelings than my own.

11. I like to think I’m brave, I will play a rugby mach and the players are twice my size, I have also jumped of a 30ft cliff and I am scared of speed, I also sail my boat as fast as I can and get dragged through the water on an inflatable behind a speed boat.
    I just need to get over the girl thing but I’m working on it.

12. I’m smarter than I let on, I am in top set in science and English but I’m not too good at maths.
    I am also a good cook.

13. I have strong views over right and wrong, like the thread on a man hitting a woman, the idea of that really angers me and I would try to stop that from happening if I could.
    I will also defend my friends.
    a chav attacked one of my friends and I actually punched someone twice my size and strength to help my friend.
    a have also broken someone’s nose before because he hurt my friend in a game of rugby even though he would probably put me in hospital.

yea so that’s a few things about me that you may not have known,
    no randomness that’s me talking, not A1.

that’s what I am like, I’m quite like A1 just a little smarter and not as random and has really strong views over what is right and is willing to fight for that.

so your turn, may not so many but try to do 5.
    if you cant then you are obviously a boring person
    :)

2. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

1 i'm very laid back

2 i like to have a laugh

3 i'm obsessed with 3 things shooting, fishing, and music

4 I used to be lead guitarist in a famous band and i'm not telling who it is you'll have to work that out for yourselves

5 i spend most of the day on here as i'm usually stuck at home off my head on my medication

3. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

1= mean2= moody 3= magnificent

4. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

If you that magnificent how come you could only find 3 things to say about yourself tc :D

5. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

what were my last words about less than 5 facts:D

6. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

1 I am a friendly person
    2 I hate bullies and injustice
    3 Like a laugh
    4 I love those who love and have time for me
    5 I'm an honest person

I like this idea a1, it's easy being a different person in cyberspace and you'll get over the girl thing in time, just be yourself around girls but to be honest your better off being single at your age and enjoy the things you want to do without the pressure of a relationship.
    From what I've read about your lifestyle matey, I'm actually quite envious of you and where you live. I wish I'd had the opportunities you have in my younger life.

More BS later ;)

7. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

1. I get o.c.d. about guns when I first get them, I'm scared to touch them, and I have to get all the fingerprints off, this goes after a while,

2. I had a pretty bad time at school,

3. I'm more funny in real life than on here, not the "serious fool" you think I am,

4. Low in the confidence area,

5. Scared of lifts, I always try and take the stairs.

8. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i think most of us know you arent really that serious.
    the fool bit well i beg to differ;)

9. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I was reading through yours a1 and saw no. 5, good job you weren't being serious about that :D

10. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

thats the sort of funny i use if you talk to me. say one thing and then go, "not really" its something else.
    i know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but i use it in such a way that it can be amusing:)

so i've been told

its quite funny sometimes.:)

11. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

5 more:

1. I'm up-tight with money, can't help that,

2. I have little crinkle shaped ears, from when I was born, had them since birth,

3. I get in the kitchen sometimes, and I enjoy cooking when I can be bothered with it,

4. Linking in with point 3, I'm a very lazy person, I can never be bothered to do anything even if it's for my own good,

5. I hate using the phone, I don't know why.

12. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

im the same with a phone inever use it or answer it when it rings.
    i stare at it sometimes, i must look like a domented retard lol:D

i use MSN mesneger normally

13. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

MSN gives you time to think of a reply, the phone is real-time :eek: lol

14. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

my phone calls have only these words.
    "hi, finnished hunting, come pick me up, bye":D

15. yehaaa6

yehaaa6 Engaging Member

1. I'm a shy fellow

2. I don't shoot my airgun near enough

3. I actually LIKE safety equipment such as helmets

4. I love electronic gadgets and can figure out how to use them in a short amount of time.

5. I have a hard time staying focused.

16. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

lol same here (number 5)

nothing like that on number3!!!!

im okay with gizzmos:)

17. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

1. I have a good sense of humour and love a good wind up.

2. I do not have a passport and have never travelled further than 80 miles away from home.

3. I love old music and TV particularly late 60's early 70's, i'm a bit of a fantic about them both.

4. Think maybe I swear a bit too much sometimes, they call me the rotwiler at work, i'm not aggressive just stand my ground when necessary.

5. I love Steve410 to bits and always will

6. Here's an extra one - I have an arse the size of a barn door.

18. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

6. Here's an extra one - I have an arse the size of a barn door.[/quote]
    Don't wear white trousers at the cinema the projectionist will get confused :D

19. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

Don't wear white trousers at the cinema the projectionist will get confused :D[/quote]

thump him :D

20. mspeck

mspeck Active Member

i think you forgot no'7,,,,,, im to honest for my own good!:):up:

i am considering my five:rolleyes: