1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

3 Shops 3 New Pistols

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by billybobmills, Jun 29, 2020.

1. billybobmills

billybobmills Well-Known Member

I kick started a new pistol collection on Saturday with a round trip to 3 gun shops with my young son. (his first gun shop visits).

Its been a long time since ive handled a CO2 pistol (original walther ppk blowback and cp99 blowback are in the loft) but had been eyeing up the M&P 40 since seeing it online a year or so ago. I finally decided the time had come to locate one (which was harder said than done as they are now discontinued it seems) and made the trip to 3 localish gun shops and purchased a gun from each.

I prefer the more realistic handling pistols and so went with the M&P 40 the Glock 17 Gen 4 and the Colt 1911 M45.

I think i was lucky with the M&P 40 as i found an aladdins cave in Birmingham which came up trumps where i even had the choice of the FDE or Black.

I have a new shopping list but they will have to wait while i enjoy these.
    A weathered look 1911 (The John Wayne version looks lovely, im not sure what weathered limited editions are readily available)
    Sig P365 (as its so different)
    Colt SAA Duke Weathered & Legends Cowboy (they go so well together)
    Crosman DPMS SBR (Looks fun, is the R1 going to come to the UK?)

Anyway hi all. Im off now to browse the gun gallery :)

Hopefully this pic is visible.
    RPM_0418_m.jpg

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Phil G, NiklasArvis, talent and 12 others like this.
  2. Ukdiceman

Ukdiceman Engaging Member

Out of interest where was the Aladins cave in Birmingham?

3. billybobmills

City Air Weapons. Nice guy too. The shop was old school, but very hard to look around for space / boxes.

Also visited Solware for the first time and Shooting Supplies which id been to many times in the past. All 3 very different shops.

Would have loved to spend more time in them but the queues were building up outside...

Ukdiceman likes this.
  4. Ukdiceman

I've been to Solware and Shooting Supplies(a couple of miles away), not to City Air Weapons though, thanks for the update.

billybobmills likes this.
  5. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Firearm Enthusiast & FX Wildcat owner.

Nice choices. Enjoy them. :up:

6. billybobmills

Do you know of any other local shops?

I used to visit Sandwell Field Sports back in the day but havent been there for years. Also been to DAI a few times who seem to stock quite a bit if not a bit pricey.

I never knew you could import until i read in the forum over the weekend. My last air rifle purchase was posted to me from a UK shop years ago and obviously i have only seen the cant post anything in the uk more recently.

I will be browsing SWS i thinks :)

7. Inca

Inca Busy Member

There’s Allcocksoutdoors in Stourport but not been there for a couple of years. Shooting Supplies is my nearest, clean, modern, large enough for their stock and nice people but the rifles are a little too far away from arms length to be overly tempted (not sure if that’s a good thing or not).

8. Wild Bill

I have looked for another WW2 M1911 and I can't find one either. Good luck with your search. :up:

This is mine:
    1911 jw (1).JPG 1911 jw (3).JPG

9. Modski66

Modski66 Engaging Member

You might as well add a Webley MKVI to your list too; didn't know how much of a hoot they are to shoot until I had one myself. :thumb:
    Preferably in the battlefield finish too!

billybobmills and Wild Bill like this.
  10. Ukdiceman

@billybobmills

I've just ordered a CP2 from Toro Distribution, France. Ordered Friday afternoon, its being delivered tomorrow, great service.

Also try Enfield Sports, Unit 1C, Becketts Farm, Alcester Rd, Wythall B47 6AJ, just off the M42

And Sporting Supplies, Bloxwich, Walsall, WS3 2XN

11. Headhunter

Headhunter Is fed up with waiting for a Chiappa Rhino

Three great choices there for a CO2 replica autos, the 1911 is just an iconic pistol, the Glock 17 gen 4 is the only Glock worth owning (imho) and the S&W M&P40 just looks superb buddy......:)

Looking forward to your thoughts on the M&P40, I like the look of that myself :up: (that's the blowback version, right ?)

rbov and billybobmills like this.
  12. billybobmills

Yes forgot about Allcocks. I did email them for a quote for some pistols after speaking to them on the phone at the weekend. Unfortunately no reply so no business for them! I even emailed their supplier (as they told me who they used, to see if the M&P 40 was still available) who responded to me over within an hour, so it can be done. They were good to talk to when i went last in though probably 12 months ago now.

Shooting Supplies are very good. (i put my name down for a Crosman DPMS SBR with them whilst i was in there).

Inca likes this.
  13. garryt

garryt Posting Addict

I'm generally not that keen on anything oem'd by KWC, but the M&P 40 seems more well made / finished than a lot of their other offerings.

Headhunter likes this.
  14. billybobmills

Its yours that i saw which is why its on my list :) You have a lovely collection.

Wild Bill likes this.
  15. Inca

Inca Busy Member

The day SS opened for Click and Collect I was there before 1000 for an air cylinder. They seemed as pleased to be able to talk to a customer face-to-face as I was to give them money.

16. billybobmills

Ill check it out thank you

Yes its the blowback version (which they have discontinued). They still do a M&P 40 non blowback and have a new M&P 9 2.0 which from looking at videos looks very much like the same kind of mechanics as the Glock Gen 3 and 5. i.e only semi blowback and not field strippable.

Of the 3 ive just purchased the M&P 40 feels the nicest in the hand.

Headhunter likes this.
  17. billybobmills

I rang Sporting Supplies for the M&P 40 as they had it on their website to order. No joy.

Do both of those have a good collection of CO2 pistols do you know?

I was right by Enfield Sports not long ago at the aquatic shop. If only i knew...

18. scooby1

scooby1 Posting Addict

Very nice pistols :thumb:

19. Wild Bill

Thanks. Yes I agree the M&P40 is an excellent pistol indeed. The build quality is fantastic and it operates so smoothly.

Mine:

P1040502.JPG

20. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me'..

Very nice.. enjoy :thumb:..