1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

25 Days.

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by Pellet pinger, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Pellet pinger

Pellet pinger Donator

Dropped my FAC application in at my local police station 25 days ago and i’m now sitting here eating my dinner admiring my new certificate!!!!
    Can’t believe how quickly it was turned around after reading all of the stories about it taking an age.
    Need an action plan now on how to acquire a .25 Impact without Mrs Pinger threatening divorce proceedings:D

2. ukglyn

ukglyn Keyboard Hero

wow! Thats is quick, they take longer than that In Staffs thats for sure. To be fair our wait is not too bad compared to others either, but well done to your force. :claping:

Enjoy your new guns.:up:

Pellet pinger likes this.
  3. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Excellent news PP, you must be well chuffed :thumb:

Ray

4. metalman

metalman Keyboard Hero

Did you apply for anything else ? Yes, very quick turnaround :up:

5. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

That's impressive - it's a minimum of about six months in Hampshire.

Well done. :)

6. Popgun

Popgun Post Whore

Imo it far more efficacious to beg forgiveness than seek permission
    that was super fast service.
    why are you going for "battleship" ammo

7. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Great news! .25 impact tasty

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

8. Disco_richy

Disco_richy Engaging Member

Depends where you are in Hampshire! A farm contractor friend of mine sent his application off on 15th Feb, had his interview Monday - and got his certificate in the post today!

Go figure...he already had a SGC and I think had a FAC many years ago, but still...

9. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

The Isle of Wight comes under Hampshire and like everything else on this island it all happens in slow motion. :facepalm:

10. Disco_richy

The guy I did my DSC with from the Island applied for his FAC after I did in TV - and got his about 3 months before me! There really is no consistency clearly ;s

Sky likes this.
  11. ukglyn

ukglyn Keyboard Hero

My jetski was never slow near the island, infact it used to speed up quite a lot the nearer I got the The Boathouse cafe just past Yarmouth on the way to the needles. I had many cracking cooked breakfasts in there before it closed down.

12. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

What did you apply for. Just FAC air. Here FAC air is almost considered the same as applying for a shotgun cert. sort of add on. I mentioned it to my FEO on my FAC app interview today and he literally dismissed it as a so what not bothered about that. It’s the 7.62/.308 I’m more worried about. Do it on a variation and nothing at all on the .38/357 lever rifle. Or two .36 cap and ball revolvers.

13. Pellet pinger

Pellet pinger Donator

Yes just FAC air.

14. Disco_richy

What's the .308 for? I guess you have land and centre fire experience or your FEO (assume its the same one I have) would've said forget it, in which case you must have good reason and it should be ok?

15. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

Long range target shooting I belong to a target club and looking to shoot Bisley. So basically club work. I have been offered
    Land But I’m not interested in killing animals.

16. Disco_richy

If you're a full member of a home office approved club there shouldn't be any issue getting a 308 for target?

Lucky to have been offered land round here, seems to be like gold dust. Case of knowing the right people I guess. Must be a lot of very well off land owners in these parts, the amounts of cash I've heard of being offered for land to shoot on thats been turned down. Lots of land tied up by Estates and existing shoots I suppose.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018