1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

.22 Vintage Bsa Airsport Help Plese

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Dudz2020, May 31, 2021.

1. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

Hi All. Thanks for having me ✔
    Ok, im not a member any rifle groups until now, and Ive joined hopefully for expert advice on a .22 BSA Airsport rifle I inherited off my Dad who died last week. Im 45yrs old, Dad taught me how to shoot safely, and it holds a lot of sentimental value. Would love some advice on gereral maintenance etc, and hopefully get it reblued like he planned one day. It wont be for sale, I just want it looking smart, although in my opinion, it still works, aims perfect, and the underleaver mechanism is still poerfull. I will update this post with pics shortly. Thanks again

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    mikeyhall1 and Tadpole like this.
  2. beazly

beazly la de da rockafella and progressive tinker

welcome along

3. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

Thankyou, Beazly.Appreciate the welcome brother :whoo:

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  4. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woody Woodgate

:welcome: aboard and I’m sorry to hear about your father.

5. lee71

lee71 Posting Addict

6. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

20210531_095301.jpg 20210531_095234.jpg 20210531_095024.jpg

Attached Files:

Paul Chell and Phil Spectre like this.
  7. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

Ok its Sunday morning... family in bed while im taking gun pics in the kitchen. Serial No: looks like - GE1333. Hope all this helps. Again... thanks for your time guys

8. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

Thankyou Mike. I know it seems a bit random. But it turns out they both ownes single barrel shotguns in the 60s?!?!
    When I wasn 6yrs old I wanted a Mr Frosty... and gotna 1.77 pellet gun

Mike Watkins likes this.
  9. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

Thanks Lee mate. Apppreciate the welcomes

lee71 likes this.
  10. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woody Woodgate

GE is an Airsporter MKll .22 1965-1967 :thumb:

11. beazly

beazly la de da rockafella and progressive tinker

i do
    i dont want to spoil your weekend but..it's MONDAY today
    anyhow,what i would do is get half a teaspooon of oil and pour it down the barrel with the loading tap parallel with the barrel and leave upright somewhere warm overnight,this will lube/feed the leather seal.
    knowing these old guns i bet it will work ok no matter how long since it was last used,
    atb

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Dudz2020, Byronic and Mike Watkins like this.
  12. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

Ahhhh. Thankyou, Mike. That woukd tie iits a few years older than me, and I was born in 1975.. even my Dad didnt know?! Thanks again pal

Mike Watkins likes this.
  13. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

Thanks pal..awesome. that means either Ikea with the missus, or BBQ.... hmmm

14. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

Im off work on bereavment for about a month anyway....sorry lads

15. Bladesmith

Bladesmith Big Poster

If you want the steel work looking like new get it to @Paul Chell. Sorry about you father mate I still miss mine but you will learn to live with it chin up fella.

Dudz2020, Paul Chell and lee71 like this.
  16. Byronic

Byronic Good thing we are all different, eh?

Hello,
    Welcome to AGF.
    Deep sympathy for the loss of your father.

Lovely rifle.
    Pretty rare to still have the shroud around the foresight and looks in excellent condition.

Mk2 has the automatic loading port, yours appears to be cocked in the photos.
    If so, please don't leave it cocked as it risks damaging the mainspring.
    (Apologies if Grandma and sucking eggs applies!)

Spares from T R Robb in Essex who also sells a DVD of dismantling and overhaul, I believe.
    Can be difficult to contact by phone but website works OK.
    (Terry is in his 80s and works part time.)

Old Airsporters are just about as simple as they get.
    Great guns, I have a few.
    Treasure it!

Wilco, Dudz2020 and lee71 like this.
  17. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

I did contact BSA R.E. service manual for this rifle. General cleaning, service etc, and other than 2 drops of leather oil in the breach, as advided by Kyles aged 17 who only worked Staurdays..zero help, R.E other working parts

18. Dudz2020

Dudz2020 Member

Byronic... A) Thanks for your kind words, and also your valuable,advice. I had no idea about this, so will correct it ASAP. Thanks again fella

Byronic likes this.
  19. Chinook

Chinook Engaging Member

Welcome! Sorry about your Dad.

20. William65

William65 Out with the dog...

Welcome to the forum
    :welcome::welcome::welcome: