1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

2009 is out to get me too

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by MOO, Jan 25, 2009.

1. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

Following my wish for 2008 to end because it was out to get me with a botched operation that went wrong, leaving an infection, 5 weeks off work, and a 5 inch scar, it rounded off with my rear windscreen being smashed by my neightbour :mad:, then my exhaust falling off and my aunt becoming ill on Christmas day 5 minutes after we had started Christmas lunch out so we had to leave and go home, I though 2009 has to get better. As you know it started badly with my beloved cat dying :( and just to continue in the same streak of luck i can't get my car boot to shut, Steve informs me I need two new tyres as well to add to my £600 vet bill.

I think surely nothing else can go wrong so this morning I decided to hoover the house, it must be time to change the hoover bag me thinks and as I lift it out it splits and deposits it's contents onto my rug. So I cleared up as best I could and went to hoover up the remains into a new bag, having forgot that I ran the hoover pipe round up the chimney last week, the soot that was in the split bag is all over my rug. No worries I will hoover it up or maybe it will smudge in all over the rug :eek: so that I have to race to Carpet Right and spend another £45.00 on a replacement rug before my auntie visited later in the day. Thank goodness I get paid on Friday.

My friend gave me a four leaf clover a few weeks ago. I am going to visit her tomorrow to return it and say thanks but no thanks. :down:

I think I will now go into hibernation, can you wake just before 2010 arrives :yawn: ;)

2. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

Oh dear! :( not a good start then it can only get better :)

3. simply james

simply james Banned

sorry to hear this tina

4. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

Things always get worse before they get better - dont give up on 2009 yet moo. :)

5. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

Just an update on 2009 out to get me, I must be jinxed and passed it onto Steve too, just getting over the death of my cat and Steve's cat has died this afternoon too, Phoenix bought home a toad which I can only think poisoned him, he had a fit and died. At the moment life is S*** all the time with some days being more S*** than others. Hope you are ok Steve, Love you :(

6. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

Oh dear that's sad sorry to hear about Steves cat :(

7. amaser1

amaser1 Donator

Hi MOO,

I can sympathize with you... My 2008 / start to 2009 was pretty bad.

First our beloved cat walked under the wheels of our neighbors car while he was parking, and died.

Then on a sunday morning in Feb I was woken up by the sound of things falling and my next door neighbor (other side) screaming that she can't breathe, LOUD bang at the door, next door's house was on fire, 3 of the 4 people in that house made it out. My dad climbed up a ladder and rescued a very heavy old lady from her bedroom window... (saved her life, as she was getting burned and screaming)... Very proud of him... I only held the ladder... The one I'd heard, died.

We had to move house while ours was refurbished (tons of smoke and water damage) Got settled, but after a while my dad started having some health concerns (low platelet count) and some other odd things. In may he killed himself.

After all that had settled and our house was ready, we moved back (still have an awful mess next door as very little has been done to their side). Things haven't been too bad, although the other day someone smashed the mirror off my beloved (Golf GTI) and drove off. Yay!!!

Life has been pretty hard, but finding things like airgunning, and now the sun is out (a bit) has given me a little boost...

Sorry to hear of your troubles... and It was good to share, as I've not really spoken much about all this. I hope you can find some good to hold onto...

Al

(I'm 23 by the way)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  8. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

Mine are only small things mate, yours sound awful, I wish you all the best and hope 2009 improves for you :up:

9. amaser1

amaser1 Donator

Likewise my good man...

I wasn't in any way trying to belittle your troubles, I was aiming for level ground...

ATB

Al

10. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

No I realise that mate, I truly wish you well.

P.s. i'm a bird

Tina

11. amaser1

amaser1 Donator

ha ha ha ha... That explains why I don't have a girlfriend... ha ha, that and my avatar...

thanks...

Al

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  12. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Your better off without one mate :D

13. amaser1

amaser1 Donator

HA HA you could be right...

Al

14. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

I spoil you rotten, continuous pressies and i'm always nice to you, so shut the f*** up or you will get a slap :D:D:D

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Any way, what are you doing home so early, get back to work :D

15. amaser1

amaser1 Donator

I'm staying out of this....!!! :up::down::up:

Al

16. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

im very sorry to hear that :( i think life is hell but something like that makes me realise im pretty lucky.
    Hope it gets better.

17. amaser1

amaser1 Donator

Thanks, I also know there are people far worse off than me.

Really hope we get a lot of sun this year...

Al

18. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

That's the next thing to go wrong in 2009 you will wake up a man (now that will be a bad day!):D

Hope things look up for you (because if they look down they can see your cleavage):eek:

All the best to everyone in 2009, it will be a tough year given the financial climate:(