1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

20 Years Today The Day That Changed The World

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by ZAKDINGEL, Sep 9, 2021.

1. ZAKDINGEL

ZAKDINGEL Busy Member

I cant believe its been 20 years since the twin towers incident what were you's doing when this happened? I remember it like yesterday I came in from walking my dog -my grandmother was still with us then she had tv on and said hope they don't start dropping bombs over here again "she had lived threw ww2" I said what? look there they have dropped a bomb on the building!! as I watched it said a plane had crashed into the building --No there's no bomb a plane had crashed I said to her -I went around to my mate as we were going to a shop to buy pellets when I get to his I said what I had seen on the news his wife put the tv on and said wow that's the world trade centre and it showed you the first plane going into it WOW could not believe what we saw--then another plane into the other we should in oar thinking WTF then the first tower went down --we never realised we had just saw history been made live on the tv history that changed the world that day --are we any better in the world today from that tragic day?

SteveB13 likes this.
  2. Gat Man

Gat Man Posting Addict

You're 2 days early mate

9-11 not 9-9

September the 11th will be 20 years to the day

Today is September 9th!

3. ples73

ples73 Donator

Was working in a factory on 6 -2 ..lad ctold us a plane had crashed into the first tower ,honestly thought it was one of these 2 man planes ...then was told a jumbo jet ...got in from work and put sky on ...then saw the second plane ...then watched the tower fall ....all live ,terrible

lee71 likes this.
  4. ples73

ples73 Donator

Think he just means its 20yrs since

ZAKDINGEL likes this.
  5. Gat Man

Gat Man Posting Addict

"20 years today...." !!!

6. Gat Man

Gat Man Posting Addict

A truly awful, tragic and monumental day

Very sad indeed

7. ples73

ples73 Donator

Ahh just spotted the title ...:p:D

ZAKDINGEL and Gat Man like this.
  8. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer LOW BELLEND THRESHOLD

was at work around lunchtime when one of my supervisors told me and thought it was a small plane.
    as a side note he was a qualified pilot.
    the most distressing thing I have ever seen was/were the person/s who jumped rather than burn to death.
    RIP all of them that were murdered.

Paul_T, bighit, lee71 and 1 other person like this.
  9. bighit

bighit Very Active

I was working at Silva UK on the day it happened.

My mate text me to ask if I saw the news. He told me what happened and I asked him if it was a film he was watching . He said no. Not long after it came on the radio when had in the factory.

A workmate said there and then it would be Bin Laden. . First time I had heard if him.

I was building handheld GPS units . In the next few days after it we got a shipment of Compasses that we supplied to the military. We got more in that shipment than we had in compared to the last few years. .

Not long after we got an order for 200 Hand held GPS units for the DOD (US Department Of Defense ) for evaluation. Never heard anymore after they were sent.

10. Ste.v.a

Ste.v.a All round good guy ( so I'm told ) Staff Member Mod/Admin

Remember it like yesterday we'd had a bit of a party the night before and when I saw the news flash I thought still off my head with all the drink. Then when I come to I thought it was a accident at first. Then another plane hit a truly horrible scene I'm sure. Folks jumping from the towers I really thought i was tripping. A absolutely horrible scene for anyone to see it was/is still very sad indeed. Watching the 9/11 documentaries that have been airing of late it still chokes me up now :(

11. Trampilot

Trampilot Big Poster

I was working lates so was at home in the morning. Watched the film Executive Decision (huge coincidence) and then switched on the TV to see it happening. Was late for work (started at 3pm) and then spent the entire shift watching it on TV! Literally nobody called in.

Bit contentious but it is often described as "worst terrorist attack" when "most effective" or even more contentious "best" would be more accurate.

It is still jaw dropping (emotionally and physically) even now though and both wife and I find ourselves consuming articles and documentaries even now. You can't help yourself getting drawn into it. I found the recent BBC documentary featuring interviews with George Bush and his staff one of the best. At the time he was derided as an idiot but it becomes quite clear he's far more of a statesman than recent presidents (Obama excluded).

12. john harris

john harris Posting Addict

and what lies and wars and actions did it start !?

13. AJ Roberts

AJ Roberts Posting Addict

I was working on a huge Country House referb job, Hackwood House on the outskirts of Basingstoke, I went out on to the scaffold for a smoke and one of the chippys said he heard about a plane crashing into a building in the US on the radio, but wasnt until I got home in the evening my gf told me the real horror of what had a happened

14. Ragnar Hairybreeks

Ragnar Hairybreeks Check out my leather balm on Members Manufactured Staff Member Mod/Admin

I was sitting on the Jury on a rape trial in Cardiff Crown Court. Judge called a halt when the first plane hit. Was sitting in a pub opposite the castle with my jaw open when the second one impacted.

Between the Berlin Wall coming down and the twin towers being hit I had a heady sense of optimism. Peace seemed to be breaking out all over the world.

Look at us now.

Oh, and if you are interested we let the rapist (and he was undeniably a rapist) off. If you ever want to get away with rape in the UK then rape someone you have once had a relationship with. Get out of jail free card. :mad:

15. bighit

bighit Very Active

Was it the one about Bush being told and how he tried to get back to Washington but they would not let him ? They thought Airforce one was going to be attacked but is was a miscommunication.

I watched it last week.

milek likes this.
  16. Geordiedan

Geordiedan Posting Addict

Remember it well, it was my 22nd birthday! Put a bit of a downer on subsequent years with all the 2 minutes' silence etc instead of singing happy birthday

17. Anchutz

Anchutz Posting Addict

I was training the bosses son to drive a forklift at Interbrew Huyton. One of the lads came running out of the mess room shouting "the twin towers have been hit, it's like independence day" since I hadn't seen that film I didn't visualise what he meant, then I watched it on the telly. I new the world would never be the same.

18. pjgtech

pjgtech I shoot, therefore I aim......

Yep, although has been said the actual anniversary is two days away, but I watched it all unfold on TV, live, it was awful to watch and just kept getting worse, eg: 1st tower hit, confusion, then 2nd tower hit and the realisation it was an attack, the Pentagon getting hit, then the 1st tower collapsing, then the 2nd and people jumping to their deaths in between. Can't believe it was 20 years ago. Tragic,
    RIP all those that were murdered. :(

Byronic likes this.
  19. ZAKDINGEL

ZAKDINGEL Busy Member

Yes mate I no just I was reading about it and was shocked how 20 years had past

Gat Man likes this.
  20. Lostkiwi

Lostkiwi Tomorrow will be a good day.

I was working from home. Decided to walk into town to the hifi shop and watched on one of their demo TVs the first plane hit. Sound was off so thought - great special effects... Wonder what movie that is?

Walked home and turned on TV... Then realised it wasn't a movie it was real. That was my afternoon changed. Sat glued to the TV while it all unfolded.