1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

1st outing with new/old HW80

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by ANGOF, May 11, 2012.

1. ANGOF

ANGOF Post Whore

Had my 1985 ( thanks Hans for getting back to me so quickly with the age :)) .22 HW80 for a couple of weeks now. Got an early 1980`s period Venom steel silencer and had the barrel shortened to 15" on advice from Steve Pope and recrowned by Helston Gunsmiths who really know there beans. The Silencer turned out to be a 15mm one and a HW80 barrel is 16mm so this morning for no charge they turned the barrel down to make the silencer fit. A lovely job as always :). Fitted the Rekord trigger unit i had tuned by "Dunkman" and a Rowan extra setback trigger blade in brass along with a brass safety. Just waiting for CS Stocks to finish my "Venom Vantage" lookalike stock and it will be finished. In the meantime im using the old stock that i stripped and stained.
    Had a lovely afternoon plinking with various pellets to find out which one it prefered, to my delight "Falcon Accuracy Plus" came out on top :)
    Decided to have a look around my coastal perm this evening which unfortunately has been lamped to hell by the local syndicate so all my hard work over the past two years of keeping enough bunnys to breed for the next year has gone by the by and now theres not very many at all. I cant complain as its still a lovely walk around and ive just got a new farm that is boiling in bunnys and i have it to myself :D
    Managed to pick up one bunny this evening a 30 yard kneeling shot. It was facing me so took a neck shot and it dropped without a twitch. Turned out to be a milky Doe but thats the risk you take shooting them this time of year. Normally i would wait until June but had to get out with the new HW.
    Cant wait for my stock to get here but happy i sold the pcp in .177 and gone back to .22 springers :up:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  2. DaveC_24

DaveC_24 Busy Member

Nicely done, looks like a great old rifle there. Lovely weather down here for an outing, too! :)

3. mikemjm

mikemjm Donator

nice looking set up there, gun and scope - a classic.

Really satisfying to hunt and score with a springer. If its going to be your sole gun Id consider Vgliding your 80, expensive but it really is the rolls royce of spring gun tuning.

All the best mate and happy hunting,

Mike

4. ANGOF

ANGOF Post Whore

thanks guys, and yes some sort of vgliding is in the wings ;)

5. Dead eye kai

Dead eye kai Busy Member

Looks like a new friendship is blossoming. Looks spot on mate. Can't wait to see the cs stock.

6. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looks a great set up and you will be very happy with it. Which CS stock have you gone for?

7. ANGOF

ANGOF Post Whore

I sent CS this piccy which is what the old Venom vantage stocks looked like. They are making a copy for me :)
    [​IMG]

8. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

WOW that will look stunning, we will need more pic's for sure

9. ANGOF

ANGOF Post Whore

delivery date is 31st May. only 20 days to wait !!!!! :eek:

10. Dead eye kai

Dead eye kai Busy Member

Now that is a nice bit of timber. Deffo more pic's when she arrives.

11. ANGOF

ANGOF Post Whore

lots and lots of piccys when it gets here thats a given :)

12. Egg

Egg Major Poster

It's the great springer revival - nicely done there mate :up: