1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good news 1983 Hw35 Back To Life

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by littleJon365, Feb 23, 2019.

1. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

Have a few rifles at the moment that I’m trying to give a new lease of life too.
    This week I’ve been working on a HW35 dates 1983. No pitting on the metal work but was in need of a little TLC. Stock was a mess. I figured the insides would be bad but it doesn’t look like they’ve been touched since it left the production line.
    EAA8F58C-37CF-47FB-B0B3-64252BAF3F22.jpeg
    Trigger needed stripping as it was clogged with thick grease. Some of it had gone hard and was an effort to get off to say the least.
    DAC7F4DB-ED8C-4E28-8592-D15B9F22C584.jpeg
    The piston was thick with it as well and needed a good clean before a polish. I use a wet and dry 800 then 1200 before some bum slide is applied.
    6E01D24D-0F8C-4068-A257-98B1133AD10D.jpeg
    Once all this was cleaned up I started work on removing some of the surface rust with a little wirewool and oil. The metal work needed a little touching up some some philips cold blue was applied.
    I then started in the stock. There seemed to be a fairly good grain under all the layers and layers of stain/paint/lacquer. Took a while to take it all back before a good wipe down with some white spirit.
    I then stained with a mahogany by colron which I think can up pretty nice. This is just a bit of a hobby as I like to tinker, I’m by no way and expert like some guys on here but I enjoyed it.
    8FCDB027-4618-4209-8B5A-2383849058FB.jpeg
    81CAB0E4-5F56-430E-848E-A9C7E84287EB.jpeg
    After two stains and about 8 coats of oil and then decided just to wax and not lacquer. Not sure what would have been better but I decided to wax. After plenty of buffing here she is.
    1DC59DCE-453B-45D0-B5AC-54F1BF37757E.jpeg

D9BFA0BF-1ACC-4644-A990-B265259087BF.jpeg

45C00D23-6ACA-4697-AEEF-E48013B7D21E.jpeg

7FB67000-78F7-4FC7-8CA5-5CB15BC1A526.jpeg
    I’m please with how it’s looking and it’s shooting very well. Original open sites fitted back on.
    This one will now be moved on now I’ve finished as I have a line of rifles I need to Finish. Next the HW77 from 1987. Cracking little thing, metal work very good, stock and internals need a little love but should be fun

Thanks
    Jon

Attached Files:

oldfogey, JohnHG, Kadushu and 5 others like this.
  2. mike-carter

mike-carter Major Poster

Very well done, a very underrated gun. I had one and Christ, do I ever regret unloading it.

littleJon365 likes this.
  3. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

You've made a darn good job of that, I love seeing rifles brought back to life, well done to you :thumb:

Ray

littleJon365 likes this.
  4. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

:claping:
    What a stunner Jon - that’s a wicked job mate

littleJon365 likes this.
  5. Wofty

Wofty 'This is the way'

Bloomin' lovely that. you should be proud of yourself sir.

littleJon365 likes this.
  6. Hopalong

Hopalong Busy Member

36 years old and still looking good.

littleJon365 likes this.
  7. littleJon365

They are pretty decent little rifles. I’ll Chrono it later and decide if I need to put some new guides in.

mike-carter likes this.
  8. littleJon365

Thanks Ray. I’ve really enjoyed giving these old rifles a new life, not to keep but just because I can’t stand seeing them rust away until they get skipped. Got a 77 to start next

PumpnGun likes this.
  9. littleJon365

Cheers mate. ‘87 HW77 next

10. mikeyhall1

Now we’re talking :nana:

littleJon365 likes this.
  11. littleJon365

Cheers :thumb:

12. littleJon365

Bit like me, good looking for my age :cool:

13. littleJon365

Thought that would get you going...

14. mikeyhall1

You were really lucky with the metal work on the 35 Jon I must say - photos alone it looks like it’s just had a fresh reblack. How’s it shooting? As nice as my 35 is to look at it’s got to come appart as it’s a bone shaker at the moment.

littleJon365 likes this.
  15. landymick

landymick Big Poster

I like the 35's ,nice one.:)

littleJon365 likes this.
  16. GMballistic

GMballistic Donator

littleJon365 likes this.
  17. littleJon365

You’ve got new guides in yours haven’t you? Is it the original spring as well?
    Lucky that my spring was starright and looked in good nick. I’ll Chrono it later and a little accuracy test.

18. mikeyhall1

Yes mate, new guides, original spring though I had to remove a couple of coils and the piston conversion for a synthetic seal.

littleJon365 likes this.
  19. littleJon365

20. littleJon365

Lucky mine already had the piston seal done, although it was a right mess. Hooefully will shoot well, once I’m happy I’ll put it up.

mikeyhall1 likes this.