1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question .177 springer choice

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tomsteebs, May 21, 2014.

1. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Hi,

Having only had a few .177 springers, 3 of which were break barrel and 1 underlever, I found the underlever better in the firing cycle, I think this is due to the weight holding the recoil better.

Anywho,

My rifles I'm considering in .177 are (in no order)

Hw99
    Hw77 (recent one)
    Hw95 (recent one)
    Tx200 mk3 hc or fl "if it makes much difference?
    Prosport
    Walther lgu
    Hatsan 55 or one of the range.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on them as a overall package with the possibility of a tune aswell.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. sloter

sloter Active Member

HW man! :) I have only had HW97 (recent one) and HW77 (old one) both quite a heavy gun to wander about with, but nice solid lumps too.... depends on what you're planning to do with it? Out of interest why in .177?

I love HW's looking into a HW100 and a HW99s at the moment.

3. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Yes I'm much like you with hw springers, had no air arms or hatsans, but had 4 or 5 hw's.

Going with .177 just because I have a pcp in both cals but only non pcps in .22.

4. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Not considering a Pro sport or 97K?

5. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Originally I considered both, but the 77 looks more retro/classic which I like (and I think they are mechanically identical?)

As for the prosport, that can be added actually, just remember them being vastly more expensive...

6. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

The 95's a bit feisty in .177 and mine wrecked a scope !

7. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Really? What scope was it?

8. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member

Get a Prosport and consider having it tuned at a later date.
    Buy a HW and get it tuned straight away to get it as good as the standard Prosport.
    Opens can of worms and runs away :)

9. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Well now you've added it, Pro sport!

10. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Can of worms leads to good points made :)

11. 177man

177man Engaging Member

My choice would be tx200 standard first
    pro sport second hw97 third but the choice is your
    i think most of the springer comps are won with
    tx200 Hope this helps Atb Si

12. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

My submission is of little consequence I expect as I am really still very new at this, however, for what it's worth, I have a TX200 FL in .177, and after getting the scope sorted last Sunday, was shooting like a pro, almost pellet on pellet at 25 yards, no not a great distance, but I wanted to start there and work my way outwards, it is very nice to shoot with no boings or twangs. I also think it's build quality is superior to Weihrauch, but I accept that is possibly a subjective thing.........Hey 'tis pretty though!

Dunno if that's any help Tom, but there it is.

13. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member

Yep I agree.
    Again at the risk of opening those worms the TX200 as it is now reminds me of what HWs used to be like.
    To me HW springers just don't cut it anymore in totally stock form.

14. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

I currently have a "thing" for Air Arms springers. I had a TX full length to develop my kits with, it shot fantastically! I then had my head turned by an oh so pretty walnut Prosport. Its taken well to the kit and has very little recoil, but I'm yet to be convinced about that underlever! I'm gonna give it a fair go, bt I can already hear the TX HC walnut calling to me..........:rolleyes:

15. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Being honest, I love the looks of the AA Prosport, but I went for the TX 200, in the end because I read and heard so many folk say that the TX is more forgiving to shoot than the Prosport? I don't know if that's right, but I need all the help I can get!:)

16. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

I love my tx200 and its getting its TBT kit fitted this weekend but I am also really excited as my HW95 is coming back to me soon after having the full JRK treatment including a Welsh Willy kit fitted so this might become my hFT springer of choice.

17. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

For me it would be a prosport but being a lefty there rarer than hens teeth but if one ever pops up I'll snap it up.
    I have a 95 in 1.77 and at the range the other day I got to try a tx200 1.77 new out of the box it made my 95 feel very crude so much so I'm considering ordering one or sending my 95 for a professional tune. But if I spent my money on the tune would the 95 be as good as the tx or better ? Can the tx be tuned to a higher standard ? I think I'll end up ordering the tx this weekend I have a real problem and i know it's going to happen so why fight it.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  18. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

You forgot the HW97... Or was this just a typo? ;)

19. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

That's a 8-1 aa win so far! Have hw failed to adapt?

20. walker

walker Busy Member

im a firm beliver the air arms springers are ALOT better than than weihrauchs. i held out buying a springer for ages as deep down i wanted a 97 but after using my mates tx200 every sunday i went and bought one. lots and lots of people i see shoot on sunday mornings with 77's 97's 95's are all very twangy and dont sound very good at all. i shot a 97 that had been v'mached and it wasn't very good at all. alot of people think dropping a delrin guide and top hat is going to transform your gun and its not. it takes time and hard work polishing and cleaning the internals. anyone can put a few bits of delrin inside a rifle, it takes a bit of know how to transform the firing cycle. id go with a tx200 better value for money out the box compared to a 97.