1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

13.5 lb ft HW45 silverstar

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Jonnyovy, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

I went to bangall and kirkwood in newcastle today to buy me a nice new HW45 silver star. I got up there and i was in luck, 1 left in the cabinet in my prefered calibre .22.....i asked for it to be shot over a chrony to make sure it was up near the 6lb ft mark. They had no problem doing this and we went and shot 4 16 grain pellets through it....every shot came out at a consistent 13.5 lb ft...we got the manager to then have a look and he tried the normal 45 with the same pellet to test the crony, that came in at 5.3 lb ft so i was obviously refused sale of the gun and came home single handedly...although i would never have taken it i would of had 1 hell of a tool to mash up rats! suppose morral of the story is get it done when before you buy. Me myself dont own a chronograph and have never shot a 45 before so would have thought the recoil was normal and would never have new lol

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

I did not think it was even possible to get a 45 to those power levels. ???

3. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

neither did i! i only asked for it to be done so i didnt walk out with a duff under powered pistol. All the lads in the shop said they hadnt seen anything like it before and said bet you wished you had just bought it now!

4. richbennett

richbennett Engaging Member

Thats some serious pistol lol.

5. Oryctolagus

Oryctolagus Posting Addict

Why would you want an illegal gun?

6. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

i didnt? as i said 'i would never have taken it'

7. JD

JD Donator

Even at export spec, i dont think 45s do much above 8 ft lbs, did this one try to jump out of the shop keeper hands when fired ?

8. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

yes it did actually lol, the lad behind the counter shot it first and hurt his finger where his wedding ring was on the grip, and every other test was then done by the manager as the other lads hand was hurting lol

9. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Posting Addict

How on earth did they cock it?

10. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

that was another thing to be honest, when i watched him he put in on his knee and looked like it took an awful alot of effort to cock it, which kind of put me off. to which i thought back to when i read on here someone described cocking a 45 is about the same as a 2nd pump on an alecto....which i have and takes next to no effort at all

11. Dunkman

Dunkman Posting Addict

I don't doubt the facts at all, but I cannot see how a little air pistol (alebit a good one) can put out 13.5 f/lbs???

HW's website claims 426 fps for .22 on the HW's higher power level. This is 5.75 f/lbs with a 14.6g pellet.

How on earth did it produce 13.5 f/lbs?????

12. Titchgamer

Titchgamer Honorary Member

I am also quite intrigued on this one....

I couldn't imagine a 45 being able to produce anywhere near that! Thats a insane amount of power for a very small spring. Surprised it didnt burst the seal!

13. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Could dieselling push a HW45 this high? Just a guess, but I can't think of anything else.

14. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

nah, it was dieseling like crazy, and the guy said i will give it a good wipe down and re oil but its still going to be well over the limit

15. career707lover

career707lover Busy Member

I cant understand it either unless it was fitted with some sort of gas strut like theobens? Unbelievable amount of power for a pistol, whatever was powering it imagine what you could get out of a BSA Scorpion or Diana P5 :eek:

16. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned BANNED

It must have been dieseling to fook.

17. DougR

DougR Busy Member

Are you saying that it was dieseling or that it was not dieseling? -

It's not difficult to imagine that dieseling would produce a much higher muzzle velocity than spring power alone, or that, given enough oil, you could get four consistent shots - and you would expect it to kick like crazy.

Anyone else ever use model aero engine diesel fuel????

18. keeprightontilltheendoftheroad

keeprightontilltheendoftheroad Big Poster

It's definately an error not possible for a spring of that size in a pistol to
    Produce that power you wouldn't be able to cock it!!!

Sent from somewhere on this planet on some electronic device.

19. Ianhw77k

Ianhw77k Big Poster

I've often wondered how much power you could get out of a spring powered air pistol like the HW45, obviously I was just pondering not thinking of doing it.

20. Knight Guitars

Knight Guitars Busy Member

Im quite impressed bet it had recoil like a fricking magnum though lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.