1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

12v battery charger

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics and Illumination' started by weebster, Jul 3, 2012.

1. weebster

weebster Busy Member

Has anybody got a link to a decent 12v charger for these yingtong batteries?.......

2. stoogey

stoogey Engaging Member

now there is a question...

i've heard a lead acid charger will do it, very similar or the same type of charger, the problem is 'sensing' the cells, if you've not seen one go bang then try sitting 18 inch away when it does for best effects lol, its been enough to put me on edge around chargers.

theres one called a B6 lipo charger, google or ebay, but there isnt leads to moniter all three cells, theyre actuly classed as 11.4v packs, but charge up like a 12v.

the write up sais theyre internally monitered etc (the black box ones) for safety, heres the only spec sheet manual i could find on the net. i've rang a couple of rc shops about them but all i got was ooo arrr ummm bang we had a battery blow up ooo the other week want it Jeff, and .. ooooo yu wanna buy one of these.

mine are 9800mah on the sticker, they do take up to a couple days to charge from flat but i havent waited till the charger light goes out, it was recent when the single cell battery enlightened me to what they mean by exspoiding lol. (all batteries will under the rong condisions).
    however, i've been piddling with electronic curcuits and if any thing dodgey occurs the battery pack light does 'click' into a 2v mode with no current, switch off and on it resets..well, so far any way. when the packs empty it switches off with an audable click.

12voltBat009.jpg

3. weebster

weebster Busy Member

Hmmm....I might invest in one of those deben ones just be on the safe side,exploding batts I can do without! :eek:
    Thanks for your reply :up:

4. stoogey

stoogey Engaging Member

would be intresting to compair the innerds from the deben and chinese, would be a shock if they were the same...a hundred quid shock lol.

5. hun73r666

hun73r666 Keyboard Hero

if you are not sure about a charger I would get an extension lead and use it in the garden from a safe distance. Rather like a firework! ;)

6. kenhawker

kenhawker Honorary Member

7. mick 1986

mick 1986 Keyboard Hero

You make me laugh ken! :)

On a serious note, I have been looking at that battery and charger kit, it seems the battery's only include the charger in the lower current spec ones. How long do you think a 2800-3000mAh battery will last with a screen camera and intermittent 300-500mW laser??

8. kenhawker

kenhawker Honorary Member

Lol you`de be suprised mick. I was the only cctv charger I could find in the uk. The battery could be used along with a DC voltage reducer to power a laser, it would save it going to waist.

ken

9. stoogey

stoogey Engaging Member

hmm 130 mah for the camera, 300-1000mah for the ir, call it an amp for the ir, 3800mah battery 2 hour 2 1/2? camera alone 20 odd hours.

any no dont plug into a car battery charger lol... a wall plug one was in the read up.(cealed lead acid battery) but, no i didnt try it it eather suprisingly.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  10. weebster

weebster Busy Member

11. Junes1

Junes1 Engaging Member

I've seen Li-ion motorcycle batteries. How do they recharge them :confused:

12. rdkater

rdkater Member

13. weebster

weebster Busy Member

I doubt i'd find a pouch big enough,but an extension cable is a possibility....hmmm,...where can I find a 323 mile long extension cable? :D

14. Jam1e

Jam1e Active Member

Apologies if i'm being dim and everyone knows this, regarding Li-po and Li-ion batteries. Just thought i.d try and help.

Myself and dozens of others in our club use Li-ion and Li-po batteries all the time in RC aeroplanes. They're perfectly safe if used and charged correctly. With the correct charger.

I only use lipo myself, and have around 20 of them. Each cell charged is around 3.7 volts. This being called a 1s. 7.4 volts is a 2s, and so on. Lipo's come with a "C" rating. Then obviously an mah rating. The mah multiplied by the C rating gives you the maximum amps the battery can deliver.
    So for instance. One of mine is a "Rhyno" 2200 mah 3s 30c rating. Its a 3s, so around 11.1 volts (or slightly higher fully charged) multiplied by 30, (C rating) giving a maximum of 66 amps.
    On another note, you should never let a lipo cell be discharged below around 3.3 at the very lowest as it's highly unlikely to hold a charge again.
    Most modern lipo batteries come with a "balance lead" so the correct charger can detect if one cell is full so it can stop charging that cell but continue to charge the others. Hence keeping them balanced.

Below is a link to a site i've spend a small fortune on! Obviously most of this stuff is of no use to you guys but they do sell good lipos li-ion and chargers for both at very good prices.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/

The link below takes you to chargers, charger leads, balance leads used for lipo, li-ion, nicad and so on.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__216__408__Battery_Chargers_Acc_-Battery_Chargers.html

Hope this helps folks.
    Just to add. I'm no expert and i'm well aware there will be ooodles of people out there who could correct me on the finer details of my explanation.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012