1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

10m Air Pistol (casual Competition) Video Now Online....

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Russ Douglas, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Russ Douglas

Russ Douglas YouTube: RussDouglas222

Good morning all, to accompany my article in the latest (December) issue of Airgun World magazine, I've just uploaded my latest YouTube video...

This shows a few of us demonstrating our chosen pistols at Grampian Air Rifle Club (GARC), including one or two I was unfamiliar-with. The competition ran from May until last night, and was open to any .177" air pistol, so some managed to use a different pistol for each of the ten rounds.

I then demonstrate the function of my FAS 6004 and my new (S/H) Izzy (IZH-46m), the latter bought from @Ian decor on this very forum last week - thanks again Ian! :thumb:

My Flickr album accompanying this article / video is here. This was a first for the club, so I think next year the competition is going to be fierce.
    Cheers. Russ

2. Ian decor

Ian decor Ian Cartmell

I enjoyed that vid mate, very informative insight on the Izzy, really glad you're happy with it, I never have regrets on any rifle/pistol sales, but it is a lot of pistol for the money.
    Brave man shooting the Blackstar one handed, I would of missed the back wall...
    I'm currently the owner of a lovely FWB 80/HW75 & Blackstar/Zoraki & a couple of new arrivals that I have yet to try out, both target pistols..
    I cocked & loaded the Izzy exactly the same way, trigger finger horizontal on the tube, once you get into the routine it's second nature.
    Happy shooting mate, looks a cracking little set up down your local range.

Russ Douglas likes this.
  3. Russ Douglas

Thanks very much Ian. Aye when temperatures drop and permafrost sets-in out on our 50m range, it's very tempting to head indoors. Usually we have four lanes left @25m and four set up @10m with the motorised target holders.

Hmm as for regrets I might regret that I'm currently offering my mint FAS6004 for sale at the club, but it sadly just doesn't have the FPS of the Izzy (320FPS compared to 460FPS).
    ...but I got laid-off the day after I first offered to buy the Izzy from you, and can't start looking for another contract until I've had another kidney scan and cleared-up my health issues, so needs-must. :rolleyes:

I'm looking to sell the FAS6004, a .22" Webley Tempest and an as-new boxed SIG X-FIVE (c/w three mags), so I'll be trying to tempt the folk at GARC again with those next Wednesday.

Thanks again for your help. Oh and I must confess since last night's first test, I've already more than doubled the trigger pull weight, to the "Olympic Standard" 500g. 8oz just wasn't enough for me. :D

4. mikehill

mikehill Busy Member

Great vid Russ :thumb: Get yourself a blinder though mate, all that squinting will do no good. And when you store the Izzy leave the breech slightly open to save the seals ;)

Russ Douglas likes this.
  5. Ian decor

Ian decor Ian Cartmell

Forgot to say that...I wear glasses for pistol shooting and I simply popped a sticker over my left lens.
    Cheap blinder, sorted.
    Hope you get your health & job stuff back on an even keel mate

Russ Douglas likes this.
  6. Dennyboy

Dennyboy Engaging Member

Great vid..:thumb:

Russ Douglas likes this.
  7. DrGunn

DrGunn Posting Addict

Looks like a fun competition and a nice range. We have a covered but not a proper indoor 10m range - shooting air pistols in sub zero is not always so much fun.
    I was very tempted by the Izzy but had already given Ian all my spare cash...

Russ Douglas likes this.
  8. pbrown

pbrown Very Active

A great video, fascinating and thank you for putting it together.

Really appreciated.:up:

Russ Douglas likes this.
  9. Russ Douglas

Thanks very much everyone, always helps to see my efforts are appreciated by a few of you. :thumb:

Thanks @mikehill for the tip re the seals - much obliged.

@Ian decor - ta, I'll do my best. :up:
    Cheers. Russ

10. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me'..

Just come across this Russ, not sure how I missed it.. Great video mate, and your 2 target pistols are very nice.. Both look quality :thumb:..
    Never owned a proper target pistol, but after watching this.. I could fit at least one of those two in my collection for sure.
    Nice one Russ, enjoyed that.. :up:

11. Russ Douglas

Thanks very much, I've now sold the FAS6004, simply as I simply needed the £££ -but have also now fitted a grab handle (with permission) to our indoor range, in-between lanes #1 and #2.
    That was £17 well spent and will hopefully help me compete on a more level ground (i.e. standing) -with my clubmates this coming year.

I'm trying to complete recording my next video in the next few days, which is an 'Introduction to Airsoft'. This includes both gas- and electric-powered pistols, not to mention right up to full-auto capability. :thumb:

Needless to say these are a LOT of fun on the range, though the gas versions were seriously limited up here in Aberdeenshire winter temperature conditions. :rolleyes:
    Cheers. Russ

PBaz Barrett likes this.