1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

£8.00 to fill bottle

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mikigough, Aug 4, 2014.

1. mikigough

mikigough Engaging Member

Have I been ripped off?, Just took 2 bottles to fill at Ely, one 3lt and one 7lt both 300bar, £16, sounds a bit expensive to me.
    Mickey.

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

£3 here regardless of size.

3. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

That's a complete rip-off! £5 at most, should be all it costs for a 300BAR fill

4. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

£3 here as well, any size bottle.

5. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Been stated many times - it's a limited available Service

Showing that there is No Real Profit offering Bottle Filling -

As Stated Machines cost a fortune take up Space and use Energy -

Should always Ask before Getting them Filled - Been in many filling Stations over the years

There is normally a Large sign advising Customers of prices

As also mentioned most Charge same price for any Size bottle - The reason I fill up my 300 Bar 12 Litre and decant into smaller bottles for field

BOB/R

6. neiled

neiled Donator

Wow that is expensive..........£4 to fill my 12 litre 300 bar bottle.

7. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

You've had your pants yanked down big time but... it's down to what you have available locally really.

£3 here to fill up as many as you want in one visit.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  8. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

I'd have let the air out and refused to pay, I pay either £3 or £4

9. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

love the idea of letting the air out. I pay a fiver, used to be £3. Have recently been quoted a tenner EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! I told them where they could stick the windy end of the pipe.

Dave

10. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Get a pump ya lazy b*****s:D

11. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

Got a pump, love it to bits, it's the pumping I'm not so keen on.

Dave

12. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, £5 my 12ltr bottle at oxford dive centre, was only £3 for a 3ltr last year, any members near is worth a look in

13. mikigough

mikigough Engaging Member

Thanks for the replies lads, I've got a pump which I was about to sell, think i'll be keeping it now. I'll be looking for another shop for the next fill.
    Mickey.

14. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

@ £8.00 per 12 litre 300 Bar - that's a lot of Pumping ;)

Might find cheaper - but then cost more in fuel & time.........

BOB/R

15. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Exactly bob when youve pumped a 500cc buddy up for the valve to fail putting it back on the gun and air rush out the barrel and hapen couple of times when servicing pcps £8 dosnt seem much takes about 1-1.5 hour to pump up 500 cc

16. jimmyb321

jimmyb321 Newbie

The country store in sawston is cheaper. I'm from newmarket aswell

17. jasonanderson

jasonanderson Engaging Member

+1 for the country store I'm in Mildenhall so a little way to go but closest locally

18. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

£3 for my 12L ...go somewhere else!

19. Tubs

Tubs Active Member

Most dive shops supply air fills at a loss or at best not at a profit as the air has to be filtered with many costly carbon filters and all the moisture taken out to meet HSE rules and its not something a dive shop would normally cut corners on, after all its many peoples lives that could be on the line if breathing air is contaminated but most shops swallow this and rely on customers buying other things while they are in the shop, which makes me think they fleeced you maybe because they know your not a diver and are not going to buy any thing else from them. The average price for a 232 bar fill on a 12 ltr tank would be around £3-4 with 300 bar a little higher at around £4-5.
    I would be looking for a new place to get fills £8 is just taking the p**s

20. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Yes indeed matey. He's had your pants down !!!
    £1 to fill my 7ltr bottle at Otter water sports in Bradford