Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Hawk expert's?

100% Goshawk for my money Si, I have seen plenty in my time!
    Virtutis Fortuna Comes

Cheers Paul, well they come in three's, so i look forward to perhaps spotting a Sea Eagle when next on route to this permission. Cheers.

KB1
    BASC Member 'Bring back Guy Fawkes' Perhaps he did have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by kermitboy1 View Post
    He does have a point mind, that could have been the reason why it sat so still and i was able to get within such close proximity. Never thought of that.

KB1
    nooo!they become wary of people very quickly after escape. any other b.o.p would prob starve,but the gos and sparrow hawks can look out for themselves almost the instant they escape.i suppose there is the poss that it had only just escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by shauny View Post
    nooo!they become wary of people very quickly after escape. any other b.o.p would prob starve,but the gos and sparrow hawks can look out for themselves almost the instant they escape.i suppose there is the poss that it had only just escaped.
    What about the Goldie that escaped for weeks ? Also many Harris are out for a long time . They were caught and returned. Not read many reports on gos but there are 2 that are out after the wind . I think it would still be worth making the phone call .

"To be fair, I've seen Alex in his lycra outfit, and he looks fantastic in it.
    A bit like Bradley Wiggins with a badger stuck to his face."
    Seamaster

Hi KB1

I have just joined the forum so I could view the picture, it is a Goshawk and thanks for taking time to put a post on here.

It is not my hawk but I am sure the owner will be pleased to have some information about his lost hawk and it might well lead to getting them reunited.

Its now a topic of discussion on the International Falconry forum and people are now trying to contact its owner.

http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showt...66#post2153266

Good effort and many thanks

Clive

Hi Clive,

Thanks for your reply. I am really pleased to hear your confirmation that it is indeed what i thought it was. I work around nature on a daily basis and take great pride in being able to accurately identify various creatures.

To know i did indeed actually get this one correct means a lot to me. Cheers.

KB1

Hi Clive,

Thanks for your reply. I am really pleased to hear your confirmation that it is indeed what i thought it was. I work around nature on a daily basis and take great pride in being able to accurately identify various creatures.

To know i did indeed actually get this one correct means a lot to me. Cheers.

KB1
    Hi KB1 yes you your were spot on with your identification.

If you could help the owner a little more as he now would like to know the location of were the hawk was spotted, it looks like there maybe 2 out in that area one of them was from near Bulphan ?

If I could get you 2 in touch it would be great, could you txt or call Alex Ashton on 074620808643 that would be helpful

Time is of the essence to getting this hawk reunited with it owner, but so good to have a positive sighting.

Many Thanks

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by sloehawk View Post
    Hi KB1 yes you your were spot on with your identification.

If you could help the owner a little more as he now would like to know the location of were the hawk was spotted, it looks like there maybe 2 out in that area one of them was from near Bulphan ?

If I could get you 2 in touch it would be great, could you txt or call Alex Ashton on 074620808643 that would be helpful

Time is of the essence to getting this hawk reunited with it owner, but so good to have a positive sighting.

Many Thanks

Clive

Pm on route to you Clive.

KB1

Hi Clive, just left a message on Alex phone.

KB1

Hi Clive, just left a message on Alex phone.

KB1
    KB1 many thanks for your help

the number I took form his post is not correct !! sorry

the right number is 07462080643

Clive