Thread: Air Arms "Custom Shop" .177 PCP Carbine Absolutely Mint Condition

g3lcs

Air Arms "Custom Shop" .177 PCP Carbine Absolutely Mint Condition

Air Arms "Custom Shop" .177 PCP Carbine
    Ser No. 040641
    An outstanding gun priced to sell at only 600

AAC1.jpgaac3 (2).jpgaac4.jpgAAC5.jpgAAC7.jpgAAC8 (2).jpg Absolutely Mint Condition. One owner from new.

This outstanding rifle is fitted with regulator by Ben Taylor and is complete with 5 magazines, Moderator, a filling adaptor and Hawke 3-12 x 50 Niteye illuminated scope and Falcon gunslip.

The rifle has a beautiful walnut thumbhole stock with special rosewood & white insert to the pistol grip and forend. it was made as part of the Air Arms Custom Shop series. There were only a handful of the thumhole stock version.
    The metalwork has a "special" blue finish which was part of the "Custom Shop" process (deeper blue colour)

The gun shoots extremely well producing consistent high scores. The power output is adjustable and remains very steady due to the Ben Taylor regulator.

The rifle is located in Scotland and collection in person with cash on collection is prefered.
    It can also be sent by courier next day delivery service at an additional cost of 20. This would be entirely at the buyers risk and the gun will not be sent until CLEARED payment is made in full. Payment by cheque , paypal(GIFT) , or bank transfer.

Attached Images Attached Images

Twll tin i chi gyd Jackroadkill's Avatar
    Approved - good luck with the sale.

What is special about the stock please ?
    It looks the same as my standard walnut thumbhole

PS I have the same slippers as you .......
    Last edited by Readie; 17-02-2017 at 20:03 PM.

g3lcs
    And very comfy too ! This was a pre production run and has striping in the stock. It was the first attempt to marry the walnut to rosewood with the white insert.
    This went on to be standard production and as such probably as good as today's !!
    Thanks for your interest.
    Gordon

Super Moderator
    Sorry to piss in anyone's cornflakes but I don't believe this rifle is a custom shop - my reasons being:

- The Custom Shop rifles had all their ally parts (breech block, striker housing, valve bodies, barrel support, fill valve cover) gloss anodised as opposed to the standard matt finish - these parts on this gun look decidedly matt.

- The Custom Shop rifles had "Custom Shop" etched on the side of the breech block in white swirly text, which is absent on this rifle.

- The Custom Shop guns were released in 2005, should have a serial of 05XXXX and carry various age-related features including the safety in the trigger (along with the later, better three-sear setup) and shorter fill valve cover - neither of which this rifle has; which is backed up by it's early 040XXX serial (and that I didn't initially spot in the ad).

- The stocks on the Custom Shop guns were indeed the first of this format (incorporating scroll chequering and rosewood caps), but lacked the white line spacer at the grip - so this looks like a later, standard item.

From the above the only conclusion is that this rifle is not a Custom Shop, but an earlier (2002-2004) rifle that's been fitted with a later (post 2005) thrumbhole stock - since an age-correct stock is a different format with more simple chequering and no rosewood caps.
    Last edited by cloverleaf; 18-02-2017 at 18:25 PM.
    Please post tech queries to the forum and request my input rather than asking me the question via PM - this way everyone can contribute and benefit

Twll tin i chi gyd Jackroadkill's Avatar
    Please keep posts on sales threads to questions about the item for sale or statements along the lines of "I'll take the item / one of the items" as per the AGF sales rules.

Posts have been deleted from this thread that do not adhere to those rules.

Thanks