Thread: Stirrup pump charging hose

Donator

Stirrup pump charging hose

Hi Guys,

Having a bit of a head off moment and need someone to put me straight.

I have bought a new charging hose off best fittings to replace the one that came with my fx stirrup pump as the parts are corroded. I have bought the hose to which i have added a male to male 1/8" bsp coupling at each end, one end does into the long brass part thats fitted to the base of the pump and the other part i have attached to a barrel fitting - in the other end the quick fill probe is screwed in.

I have tried to then charge the pcp unfortunately all the air is escaping by the barrel/ probe. I have bonded washers around each join ( apart from the male to male couplings to bsp female end fitting on the hose as it doesnt screw in all the way and theres nothing to sandwich the washer).

I have probably missed something stupid and simple.image2.JPGimage1.JPG

Thanks,

Llyr

Your quick fill probe should connect directly into the 1/8 bsp female end of the hose using a bonded washer inbetween without the need for all the bulky brass attachments.

Donator
    Thanks for the reply,

I tried this however the probe doesnt screw in enough for the seal to be of any use.

Regards,

Llyr

Quote Originally Posted by Llyr View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

I tried this however the probe doesnt screw in enough for the seal to be of any use.

Regards,

Llyr
    Hi, Yes i know what you mean now.It's just coming back to me as i thought the same when i got another hose from Best fittings.Take a look inside the end of the hose and you should be able to see that there is a seal built into it that the probe screws onto,therefore no need for a bonded seal.Just make sure it's nice and tight.If no seal exists inside then it may work by putting an o'ring in there to seal the probe onto.

Donator
    Wolfy your a genius! Tightened all the joints with a spanner now and working perfectly! Thanks

Glad you got it sorted.All the best and happy shooting.