Thread: Dual barrels and power out put

Post Thanks / Like

Dual barrels and power out put

I know with PCP's that with the same set up on the valve (power plant) that a .22 would put out more ft/lb's than a .177, but would this be the same with a springer?

At the moment i'm fixing up a Webley Hawk Mkll that was sold from new with both .177 and .22 barrels, i just have the .177 barrel with this one. so does any body konw if there would be any difference in power output between the two bores coming off the same power plant, piston stroke, transfer port size, et al?

So far i got her running between 8 and 9 ft/lb depending on the pellet used, and that's using an old used main spring from a Relum. I just replaced the two old plastic piston rings with O rings to a sliding fit and greased her up, and made a PTFE top hat and slip washer giving me a smooth shot with 11 FPS variation.

Thanks.

Registered 40+ posts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it will always be more powerful with the .22 barrel fitted. If your getting 8 to 9 in .177 I'd guess you'll be 10 something in .22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks for your reply and opinion, i thought it might be the case but wanted a second opinion. A third opinion might be nice but all good things come to those who wait, so a good old hip, hip, hoorah to you oliver13 on this friday the 13th, and i shall be on the look out for a .22 barrel regardless. It's always good to be sure though.