Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX Verminator Mk2 0.177" 12ft lbs

Post Thanks / Like

FX Verminator Mk2 0.177" 12ft lbs

Well ive finally after a week of waiting got my first new Rifle in many years to get back into shooting

However want please t obe informed prices had gone up 1st Aug by nearly 20% so its now nearly 1100

Got it home and managed to put my old FT scope on and fit a Harris bi-pod
    ive only put a couple of mags tho it and ruff zeroed on a bit of wood but its definetly accurate for grouping

ive also got the FX extra Silencer which at 48 is a bit of a disappointment as its just a empty tube with a thread on one end and a small hole in the other and think it would benefit from some baffles and sound absorbing matting it does make it quieter but not as much as it should

mounting the scope is fun due to the Height of the mag its position and the height of the Cheek piece

My sports match 30mm high mounts have 21mm clearance and do just fit fine with the mag HOWEVER there is no way i can get my eye to the scope as the Cheek piece is to low and wide Sports match Medium mounts with a Riser block help a little but still not close enough

Finally High mounts with the Risers giving 34mm of clearance and the butt slide back more and we are just about ok but cant quite manage a full head up

thats ok i like a high Scope LOS to barrel center as it helps flatten the trajectory at longer ranges jsut have to be a bit more careful at close ones

the mag being in the middle of the rail is going to make mounting my NV scope a PITA the old FX 2000 the mag was much further fwds

Harris was simple enough just drilled a 4mm hole and screwed in a Wood thread sling stud tho if i was going to leave it ( im putting a picatinney rail on later ) i would replace it with a nut and bolt one with a nut and washer

so far its nice feels good and will update here after Ive had a more serious shoot

and see how the DIY NV set up ive bought off Yogi GunKanobee works out

ATB
    for now
    Duncan
    Last edited by FGYT; 01-09-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    **** Just an ask These targets are Free to download and print off for your own use as much as you like BUT please dont Rip the PDFs and reload onto other sites Or sell for profit.
    If you would like to post the links on other Sites Please ask first.****

If you would like some other design please PM me CAD can be very precise if you need something accurate or specific

Here are the targets I designed in CAD for me to use nothing fancy/artistic but I use them to Zero then Trajectory check and practice

Ive uplaoded them as PDF to my website you need to print off with NO Page scaling set for A4 paper ( check your first print is giving 1" squares)

All aim points are

1/8" white center 1/4" black donut
    1/2" dia line
    3/4" -1" Black donut (Hunting min grouping)
    35mm Dia line
    40mm Dia line ( FT std kill zone)
    2" Dia line

1 off Zero / scope set up target PDF

This is the first target i use to zero a new scope plenty of room allround

2 off trajectory checking targets

This is the targets i use to check trajectory at all ranges ie once zeroed i shoot one target at every 5 yrd distance 5 to 55yrds always aiming the crosshair at the center aim point ( do not hold over or under do not dial ) clos up i use 3 shots further out 5-8 shots to get a idea of group spread as well

12 off Practice target PDF

These I use just as multi target practice once zeroed and trajectory checked I should be able to hold over or under or dial in to hit center

ATB

Duncan
    Last edited by FGYT; 03-09-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Enji Benji The Engine Man... StayingProne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great quality target there, never seen one to check trajectory before (at least not to scale with measurements!)

Thanks for uploading!
    "I didnt fail 2000 times." "I learned 2000 new ways how not to make a lightbulb" - Thomas Eddison - Others fail, so that we dont have to. *Black Ops2 on PS3? - Add RUSTnRIZLA*

TX200 MK3 .22 - CS500 Custom Stock (Hunter) * Crosman 2250b ("Pigeon Popper") * Snowpeak B3 * Walther CP88

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StayingProne View Post
    Great quality target there, never seen one to check trajectory before (at least not to scale with measurements!)

Thanks for uploading!

well i was plotting this before all the new fangled Computer programs had been written

and do it today cos I dont totally trust them

I can plot it back into CAD and over lay the Mil dot sight lines etc

ATB

Duncan

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what FX call a silencer

and dimensions

PDF version Here<<<< so you can read the numbers if you want

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great little set up, i looked at the mk1 early last year and liked it. The new model looks better and the mag is set lower which is good.

What is the power curve like on these?

What bits do you like the best and which you dis like?

Price has gone up a a fair bit which is a shame and the silencer seems over priced for what it is
    Anybody trying to contact me via chat, it does not seem to work on the ipad? drop us a pm instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Robin View Post
    What a great little set up, i looked at the mk1 early last year and liked it. The new model looks better and the mag is set lower which is good.

What is the power curve like on these?

What bits do you like the best and which you dis like?

Price has gone up a a fair bit which is a shame and the silencer seems over priced for what it is

Well ive just finished 1 tin of JSB exacts Which have been interesting Im still not fully sure if im getting better grouping by single loading direct than from the magazine as im rejecting 1-2 per 20 ish pellets with bent skirts out of the tin and they do seem to have a lot of bits the silencer s coated inside now

I But it seems to do nice groups at 25 yrds then starts fliers for a bit then fine again will put a few cleaning pellets thro and start a proper grouping as the barrel/ action should now be settled

one thing I was surprised at and as I haven't done a full trajectory shoot yet I stepped back to 50yrds today jsut to see and it did seem to be a lot flatter than my previous 177 set ups but grouping wasn't the best

Is you can see here ( AT 50 x mag) I zero the top thick post at 25 yrds 40yrds is the long zero point and 50 yrds drops in at 3.5 dots down ( this was with AA Field 4.52 8.4gr )

However Ive zeroed the 25yrd as normal ( for me) and the 50 yrd shots today are only 1 Dot down ( but larger than I would like group and a few fliers )

that's massively flatter now the scope is a little higher and its said the Smooth twist is supposed give a better BC so maybe the combination has lifted and flattened the close shots will be more spaced if that's true.

2.5 dots down was hitting crab apples out of my tree at 60-65 yrds ish
    and jsut messing about its easily hits anything from cutting nettle stems to small stones at 30yrds and under

So i really really want to do a full trajectory shoot and get a plot with group size

50mag

hopefully a few more bits will arrive tomorrow and now i've worked out how to get he stock off I can fit them

also want to get my Combro working tho its probably a flat battery its been in the shooting box best part of a decade now

ATB

Duncan
    Last edited by FGYT; 06-09-2012 at 23:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok after a massive Ebay and online shopping bender ive got all the bits I wanted to sort the rifle to how I want

Basically I wanted to change the for stock to fit me and found the Magpul AFG2 which looked like it might save me bodging some blocks of plywood
    First was to fit a 6" picatinny Rail on the bottom this would give some options on what and where to fit things
    it also meant that the Harris bi-pod i had wouldn't fit and if i got the adapter it was to long for the remaining rail . Plus i wanted to fit the Lamping kit (my old surefire P6 with Remote ) here as i dont like them on top of the scope
    I saw a side mount job that would mean also the bipod can be folded up and out of the way and was going to fit front side Picatinny rails for this but after finding a reasonably cheap on on ebay (i suspect is a copy but solid enough )
    when it got here i founf i could ubbolt the lugs and screw them directly to the stock which is a lot neater and saves a bit of weight

Also i fitted my old LSW Butt plate with the over shoulder folding rest which is great for Bipod shooting and for rear heavy guns like this

Forthe NV battery ive used a std Maxpedition 6x4 x 1.5" pouch its more than big enough cna can hold the mag and pellets etc when not being used so they dont get lost

Close up of the Rail AFG and Lugs the rail Ive fitted parallel to the barrel so the lamp points where you aim

the bi-pod legs just click on and off easily and can be stow front or back

Fully fitted

the AFG grip is actually very good giving positive stops for Kneeling and sitting as well as for me a more comfortable hold for standing

just waiting on a replacement Infra Red drop in for the torch as it will mainly be used with the NV kit above

ATB

Duncan

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not too often that I find a rifle on here that gives me the wow factor but that looks awesome ! Well done , dare I ask how much?
    Daystate Airwolf with MTC viper scope
    Beretta Silver Pigeon 1
    Webley & Scott 810 semi auto 12g
    Webley & Scott 900 12k O/U
    Williams 12g SBS Antique Hammer gun ( Get orf moi land !!)

Registered 40+ posts surrey shooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

FX Verminator Mk2 0.177" 12ft lbs

Very nice mate. I like the looks of that, was thinking of getting a vermy but looking at yours a standard one just won't do there may be a clone very soon lol atb