Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bsa Scorpion t-10 loose barrel

Registered 40+ posts
    Post Thanks / Like

Bsa Scorpion t-10 loose barrel

I have had a BSA scorpion for a few months now and it hasnt been the more accurate air gun i have owned, i put this down to the shooter (me) not the gun. A friend recommended setting it up in gun vice and firing a few shots. I soon become clear it wasnt me but the gun. the barrel seems to be a tad loose, i no they have floating barrels but this is exesive. I have looked at exploded diagrams on bsa website that show 2 grub screws on the scope rail to hold the barrel in but mines doesnt seem to have these. Dont want to send it away for a "few" week to bsa if it is a n easy fix.

All help would be very appreciated

Cheers Liam (aberdeen)

top lad, and really helpful stevemandm's Avatar
    in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually, wakefield, west yorkshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Liam, could you take it to your local gunshop? Their advice would be free, and if it's only a couple of grub screws, they would probably fit them free (especially if it's where you get your pellets etc from). If they don't, ask them to find out the grub screw size and pm me mate
    lightsaber ( the nice bright green one ).
    air arms s400f superlite karbine .177, hunter green, mattyts modded whisper 130 silencer/uk.neil airstripper, bsa deerhunter 8-32 x 44 sf scope, bisley adjustable buttpad, fed on lt1 lubed jsb exact express.
    dad of mattyts, 2012, 2013 AGF best junior member.

Registered 40+ posts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the slow reply. I may have missworded about the grub screws by not being there i mean the holes for the screws are not there. So the only place to look is the under side but this will mean removing the pressure tube which looks like a fair job.

Registered 40+ posts secretagentmole's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it is a new SE model the wife had the same problem, hers grouped like an effing shotgun, could just about get a group of 3 then it would move again, get a new group, move again, swapped scopes, still doing it, returned to BSA in the end!

Registered 40+ posts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh been to local gun shop and they are sending it back to bsa tomorrow hopefully it wont take to long to return.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually, it takes a couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abersmith View Post
    Yeh been to local gun shop and they are sending it back to bsa tomorrow hopefully it wont take to long to return.

Hey let us know how you get on I've got a similar problem with my t10,
    only had it a week and 3 days , gun club told me its probably
    not bedded in yet and it will get better so I'm gona keep firing
    cheap pellets through to lead her up and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelbudge View Post
    Hey let us know how you get on I've got a similar problem with my t10,
    only had it a week and 3 days , gun club told me its probably
    not bedded in yet and it will get better so I'm gona keep firing
    cheap pellets through to lead her up and see what happens.
    Do not fire cheap pellets through it, they will not group properly, always feed the pellets you intend to use. I had a brand new BSA Ultra I put 30 pellets through last year, in 30 pellets I had it zeroed in, accurately, I then refilled it to 180 bar and with the next shot I had killed a rabbit (which I was aiming at before any of the wags on here start)!

Cheap pellets will make a good gun look bad, it only takes 20-30 pellets to lead a barrel up. The gun club do not know there is a problem with some Scorpions, they just will not group with anything. We fed the one my wife had two different sizes of JSB pellets, Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums, Prometheus defiants and RWS Hobbies, nothing worked. We took it back to the shop who tried everything they had in it, nothing worked, it was sent back to BSA as the damned thing was faulty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Do not fire cheap pellets through it, they will not group properly, always feed the pellets you intend to use. I had a brand new BSA Ultra I put 30 pellets through last year, in 30 pellets I had it zeroed in, accurately, I then refilled it to 180 bar and with the next shot I had killed a rabbit (which I was aiming at before any of the wags on here start)!

Cheap pellets will make a good gun look bad, it only takes 20-30 pellets to lead a barrel up. The gun club do not know there is a problem with some Scorpions, they just will not group with anything. We fed the one my wife had two different sizes of JSB pellets, Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums, Prometheus defiants and RWS Hobbies, nothing worked. We took it back to the shop who tried everything they had in it, nothing worked, it was sent back to BSA as the damned thing was faulty!

Ive put nearly a whole tin of air arms pellets through iit was very accurate to begin with
    but now groups like a shot gun!! Would you say myn is probably faulty????

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, take it back to the shop you bought it from and say, FIX IT! Sounds exactly like the problem my wife's rifle had, we believe BSA put a new barrel on it!
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 29-08-2012 at 19:35 PM.