1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum.
    Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    If you don't use Hotmail then ignore this message, click the cross to the right to close this message.
    Dismiss Notice

Nomads Results 5/2/17

Discussion in 'Target Shooting' started by Pidlar, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Pidlar

Pidlar Well-Known Member

Taken from Nomads STB

Default Nomads HFT results 5th February
    An excellent morning’s shooting today at Nomads, and a great turnout.

Work started in earnest yesterday on the course for the final round of the Daystate next month, so we left the 30 target course from last Sunday as was, and it is still proving amongst the most challenging we have ever had at Nomads, in light wind, but with the Nomads topography making it play tricks. Ryan and Matt top scored on 53, followed by Elliott and Mick on 52, and Ryan and Elliott took first and third places on countback.

Ryan Ashman 53
    Matt “Mudplugger’ Lee 53
    Elliott Compton 52
    Mick Boswell 52
    Karl Guest 49
    Kev Gaunt 48
    Perry Broad (Recoiling) 48
    Stu Hill (Recoiling) 47
    Ian Stoddart 47
    Stew Searle (Recoiling) 46
    Harry Compton 46
    Steve Lloyd 45
    Ralph Ellison 45
    Matt Hipkiss 44
    Dave Hemings (Recoiling) 41
    Paul Sefton (Recoiling) 39
    Mason Ryan (Junior) 38
    Mark Upton (Recoiling) 27
    K George (.22”) 27
    Lee Malpass (Recoiling) No card
    John Holder (Recoiling) No card
    Andrew Timmins No Card
    Michael Hinnett No Card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. milek

milek Honorary Member

If we can count on a similar course for the AGF meet I can say that we are in for a treat in the summer.

3. milek

milek Honorary Member

Some names missing Stu, Simon ?? Did he do that badly?

4. Glass Eye

Glass Eye Well-Known Member

Well done Ryan on your first place and well done to all others at the top of the list , fantastic course again and a fantastic day all round .

I would like to say thank you to Stu , Perry and not least of all Jim for their help and encouragement at the beginning of my springer shooting , realy enjoying it and looking forward to more of the same on their challenging courses. THANKS:).

5. Pidlar

Pidlar Well-Known Member

Good Day on the Hill today. Well done to the Top shooters, and of course Mick on his much needed improvement on last week.
    Thanks to my shooting Partner Stew for another superb morning out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. themadspread

themadspread Donator

well done lads

7. Fusspot

Fusspot Member

Cheers guys for today. It was trickier than it looked at some points. And then they wind turned up for the last little bit. Thanks Stu and Perry and others involved in putting the effort in the course. I really enjoyed it !!!

8. LenS

LenS The Bisley sniper

Nice scores, I got my ass kicked today at mad, wind left me a write off.. 40 not took a beating like that since 2006

9. Stew

Stew Well-Known Member

Great turn out by the looks of it :)

Well done guys some good scores on a testing course :up:

10. milek

milek Honorary Member

I did notice Len, we all have bad days. :(

At the end of the shoot today I got talking to one of the shooters who was genuinely very distressed at his form, he was so frustrated to the point he seemed upset, desperate to know why his form wasn't improving even though he was trying so hard to do well. No matter what I said to him he was being so hard on himself I thought it best to leave him alone. We do take it seriously but we need to understand why we do this, it's to compete yes but also to enjoy the company and have a good time. I think we can be arrogant in thinking we are better shooters than we are and we should all be posting high 50's. If I get that down about my shooting I'll knock it on the head. And for those who were there it wasn't my partner I am talking about although he did have a mare.

11. LenS

LenS The Bisley sniper

Mick I was a little bit puzzled but I get over it, had a good laugh as I had a good few mates there today and the banter was on fine form, my old mukka JP Woodlife was there today, enjoyed it and will bounce back :)

12. themadspread

themadspread Donator

len I think its the extra pressure matt is putting on you now hes making a comeback:D

13. LenS

LenS The Bisley sniper

Na, I beat him again Sunday gone..I must of had man flu at mad