1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum.
    Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    If you don't use Hotmail then ignore this message, click the cross to the right to close this message.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either, but are forced to do so to ensure forum rules are followed.

IMPORTANT- In future, please put all your posts about any offending topic into the http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?forums/adults-only.46/. To do this, you will need to contact admin or a moderator to ask for permission. By doing this, people will not have to read it unless they opt to join in too.

Staff will not move posts for you if you put it in the wrong section – it will simply be deleted. You will then have to type it all out again and put it in the right place, so heed this warning.

Although all normal forum rules will still apply; moderation will be a little more relaxed in this area. We will however, not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. Its purpose is to remove these topics from the main forum, not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

Enter at your own risk, expect to be upset by other people's strong views and don’t come crying to us when something upsets you.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

CP1 O Rings

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Mundo, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Mundo

Mundo Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get a set of spares

2. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Well-Known Member

They are O rings, just visit your local engineering supplies with the old rings and they will sort you out.

Pete.

3. Mundo

Mundo Well-Known Member

Good grief
    This is proving very tricky to get the o rings
    Tried sever shops online in UK and Poland without any success (some Polish retailers prove difficult in selecting UK as a delivery option)
    If I do not get any further I think I will send the gun back to Poland as it is only a few days old - still awaiting email I sent them as they wanted pics of the missing O ring, but as they do not sell them not sure what else they can do

4. rich79

rich79 Well-Known Member

Lidl are doing a box with assorted o-rings in for £5.

5. Mundo

Mundo Well-Known Member

There site does not have a search function and probably varies from store to store

Don't have a link do you

6. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Well-Known Member

Which o ring is missing....

Pete.

7. Mundo

Mundo Well-Known Member

Wonder if 8mm x 1mm would do the trick
    They are for the barrel seals on the end, 2 of them in fact

8. Dag

Dag Well-Known Member

Check out the Cromwell Tools*website for shops near to you. It must be easier to take a trip to one than risk sending your rifle to Poland.
    hth
    Dag
    * Cromwell are main dealers of o rings but finding the actual ring on their websire may prove trickier than you would expect:rolleyes:

ps Just looked at CP1 and I see SMK and Pellpax mentioned, have you tried both of them for spares?
    Have you accurately measured the o rings because if you have the size right Cromwell will do them by mail order.
    When you have measured them could you let me know the o/d , i/d and ring thickness and I will check my o rings and if I have any that match will send you some.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  9. Mundo

Mundo Well-Known Member

They are very small to measure accurately, but think I have found someone that sells them, presuming the .22 and .177 sets are the same sizes

As far as I can gather the ring size is 8mm x .8mm

Ordered some generic ones off ebay hoping one of them will fit, but doubt it

10. Dag

Dag Well-Known Member

Is the 8mm the i/d or the o/d?
    Dag

11. ped

ped Well-Known Member

on metric o rings the first number is the id and the second the cross section

12. Nobby

Nobby Well-Known Member

O rings are usually specified by the inside diameter and the thickness of the ring.

8mm x 1mm is widely used on the AA S400 series - one goes on the shaft of the bolt, adjacent to the bolt handle, and another is the transfer port seal. You can get O rings by mail order from lots of places.

13. Mundo

Mundo Well-Known Member

Not sure

The remaining one that is currently on looks too fragile to take off without breaking it

Dug my calipers out and the nearest measure I can get is 9.36mm OD when it is on the barrel, so I would imagine the 8mm is the OD

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  14. Mundo

Mundo Well-Known Member

Also not sure if the rings are different on the .177 and .22

15. Mundo

Mundo Well-Known Member

So the 8mm could be the ID

My head is spinning over this

16. Mundo

Mundo Well-Known Member

Finally bit the bullet (excuse the pun) and removed the remaining o ring with a toothpick

It sure does look like it is 8mm ID with a CS of .8mm

Ordered a couple in CS 1mm and hope they work, as it's the nearest I can find

17. Dag

Dag Well-Known Member

In a catalogue and if being measured by someone experienced with using or buying them,yes. If being measured by anyone not sure of what they want then it's best to ask the question.
    Dag

18. Gazzmondo

Gazzmondo Well-Known Member